Parenting courses in the Essex area - UK

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Trojanofpeace
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

11 Feb 2020, 1:13 pm

Hi,

I'm looking for a course that helps parents of children with ASD, ideally in the Essex/South Essex area. I've looked across many, many websites, NAS, county/local council, AutismLinks etc but i can't seem to pin down any specific course provisions. I'd greatly appreciate any recommended courses or signposting to further sources of info.

Thanks

HappyMummy
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 Feb 2020, 3:23 am

I have no info on Parenting courses in the area and also specifically for parents of ASD kids, but there are online parenting courses and resources that have been a huge difference maker for our family. We use Parenting by connection and Aware parenting approach to parenting and they offer different courses and other materials depending on what the challenges are. It is an approach that uses no rewards and no punishments, but is based on a belief that people behave well and learn well, when they feel good and connected. It is not specifically aimed at ASD kids, but there are several families with ASD kids, who use the approach. It is not for everyone and not directly what you are asking for, but helped me a lot, so I decided to share. It might help or might not, any way I wish you find what you are looking for.

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2020, 7:58 am

Trojanofpeace wrote:
Hi,

I'm looking for a course that helps parents of children with ASD, ideally in the Essex/South Essex area. I've looked across many, many websites, NAS, county/local council, AutismLinks etc but i can't seem to pin down any specific course provisions. I'd greatly appreciate any recommended courses or signposting to further sources of info.

Thanks

Have you asked EPUT ?