Page 6 of 6 [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

uncommondenominator
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2024, 4:19 pm

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
According to Texas State Law my parents owe me child support for the rest of my life if the court orders it because I am disabled and will never able to support myself.

Although you are technically not wrong, you still don't seem to think these things all the way through.

First, the court has to actually order it first. If they don't order it, your parents don't have to do it.

The church doesn't control the rule of law. The church can say whatever it wants - it has no legal power.

You're the one that invoked a 2000 year old religion to justify how you should be treated in this modern day and age. I'm just applying that same 2000 year old religion in this modern age as well.

Even if the court does order it, "kicking you out" into an apartment, and using your trust fund to pay for it, more than satisfies that requirement. Y'know, the same thing you're complaining about happening in this very thread. They don't even have to do that much - they can put you in an assisted living home, and leave you just enough trust fund to keep the expenses paid. No more luxury, no more pampering, still no money to speak of.

You don't get to have your cake, and eat it too.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2024, 5:00 pm

uncommondenominator wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
According to Texas State Law my parents owe me child support for the rest of my life if the court orders it because I am disabled and will never able to support myself.

Although you are technically not wrong, you still don't seem to think these things all the way through.

First, the court has to actually order it first. If they don't order it, your parents don't have to do it.

The church doesn't control the rule of law. The church can say whatever it wants - it has no legal power.

You're the one that invoked a 2000 year old religion to justify how you should be treated in this modern day and age. I'm just applying that same 2000 year old religion in this modern age as well.

Even if the court does order it, "kicking you out" into an apartment, and using your trust fund to pay for it, more than satisfies that requirement. Y'know, the same thing you're complaining about happening in this very thread. They don't even have to do that much - they can put you in an assisted living home, and leave you just enough trust fund to keep the expenses paid. No more luxury, no more pampering, still no money to speak of.

You don't get to have your cake, and eat it too.

I would hire a lawyer to get the court to order child support if I had to.My dad promised me he would never ever kick me out again so he would be going back on his word and lying to me.My parents tell me I have to pay for my own apartment and they wont pay for it.Sorry if I did not make that clear enough.I know the church of Christ has no influence on the law but them kicking me out and leaving me high and dry and never supporting for the rest of my life would be grounds for defrocking my dad and making him stop being a deacon.It would also be grounds to excommunicate them from the church of Christ.It would also be grounds to be sent to Heck in the church of Christ.My parents are not going to pay for my rent ever according to them.My dad basically said I would 100 percent pay for all my rent and they would pay zero.I think if I got a court order they would be required to pay for my rent possibly.My parents wont pay for my rent.Sorry again for the confusion.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2024, 5:12 pm

My dad tells me I am the devil incarnate.I wish my dad would not do that.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2024, 7:23 pm

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
My dad tells me I am the devil incarnate.I wish my dad would not do that.

Very Sorry to hear he might say such a thing to any human..... But if he is willing to say such a thing...you might be subject
to someone whom might equally use poor judgement , in his descretion in dealing with your situation as presented in this thread ?.... Best Wishes for you . But by Informing the ministry that he did the best thing, he could for you in his own judgement as a Father and a Pastor . Your circumstances possibly could devolve into something unexpected ?
(Some lawyers might say ,to make yourself a paper trail of your finances) just incase.

Or maybe ?. he was just venting ???. 8O

where ever you go ,there you are

uncommondenominator
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2024, 8:26 pm

The world does not always work the way we think it will.

You may be in for a surprise one day.

Good Luck, I guess.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2024, 2:35 am

This all needs to be looked at with the context of the abuse he's suffered from his parents. It's safe to say his parents haven't set him up for adulthood like parents should and personally they do carry some of the burden for him.

I can realistically see his parents having a hard time in a court room arguing their case in light of how they stunted his transition into being an adult and probably caused, or at least greatly exacerbated any mental health problems he has.

I would like to see texas well away from his parents, they're horrid, but I also think they should contribute towards his independence for a good few years.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2024, 10:34 pm

Nades wrote:
This all needs to be looked at with the context of the abuse he's suffered from his parents. It's safe to say his parents haven't set him up for adulthood like parents should and personally they do carry some of the burden for him.

I can realistically see his parents having a hard time in a court room arguing their case in light of how they stunted his transition into being an adult and probably caused, or at least greatly exacerbated any mental health problems he has.

I would like to see texas well away from his parents, they're horrid, but I also think they should contribute towards his independence for a good few years.

I asked my dad not to text and drive and not to talk on the phone while he drives with me in the car and he called me Beelzebub and the devil incarnate and the devil.My dad calls me Satan and an instrument of the devil.He threatened to call the cops on me for verbal abuse when I asked him not to text and drive.He says I am the devil a lot.Multiple times my dad was going to kick me out on the side of the road in the middle of nowhere while we were on trips.He also yells me all the time.He is verbally abusive to me pretty much all the time.Also my mom and dad wont let me sign up for dating sites and they wont even let me date which is horrible because I am getting close to my 40's.Mom and dad also forbid me from getting food stamps.He also was going to kick me out and abandon me in multiple small towns and leave me without any of getting home.He was going to kick me out multiple times on the shoulders of busy highways with a speed limit of 75 miles per hour.Dad also bullies and trolls and exasperates me multiple times a day.He also said he was going to kill me as a joke.He also said he was going to eat me as a joke which was not funny at all.He also passes gas intentionally close to me all the time so I can smell his gas from his colon.Also its possible that my dad has been sexually abusing me for years because he gives me hugs and kisses against my will.He also has burped in my face on multiple occasions.Also mom and dad wont even let me spend my own money or order things off of the internet.He also made me cross a street that turns into a highway with a 75 MPH speed limit to troll me.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2024, 11:15 pm

The irony of threatening to call the cops for verbal abuse while also calling you the devil. Self-awareness isn't exactly a strength of his, I'm thinking.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2024, 11:50 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
The irony of threatening to call the cops for verbal abuse while also calling you the devil. Self-awareness isn't exactly a strength of his, I'm thinking.

Had been hunting off and on in thrift stores for a mini tape recorder .. But there are better recording devises available out there on a chip, instead of a tape.
He really Sounds like he needs to be atitude adjusted.. based on your writing here ....Was he always a bully .? :(
Could be time to contact a Social services person? some bigger hospitals have such things , i believe.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2024, 12:13 am

Jakki wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

Had been hunting off and on in thrift stores for a mini tape recorder .. But there are better recording devises available out there on a chip, instead of a tape.
He really Sounds like he needs to be atitude adjusted.. based on your writing here ....Was he always a bully .? :(
Could be time to contact a Social services person? some bigger hospitals have such things , i believe.

My dad has always been a bully all my life.He has yelled at me all my life that I can remember.He exasperates me everyday just for the heck of it.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2024, 1:50 am

It might help if you had witnesses to hus actions / verbal slander, with a 3rd oarty , who is unbias, in the dituation.
It is why I duggested a Social Worker, or at least make them aware of your circumstances .?? Just a thought. :|

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2024, 3:15 am

Jakki wrote:
It might help if you had witnesses to hus actions / verbal slander, with a 3rd oarty , who is unbias, in the dituation.
It is why I duggested a Social Worker, or at least make them aware of your circumstances .?? Just a thought. :|

My social worker fired me a long time ago because I got a job so he terminated my services once I got the job.I dont have unbiased third party witnesses because it happens in my home.My dad would make my situation much worse if I contacted a social worker because he would just make me homeless and I could have to sleep under a bridge at night so I am between a rock and a hard place.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2024, 10:25 pm

If indeed this situation is as you present..! , Time to make Urgent preparations . As in, just incase of urgent preparedness. This can be the type if stuff , that give you a case of PTSD . Alternative Social worker people , as in
at a Hospital. And it would seem you do not seem to have a job now. Not sure how to make it work for you , I d K. the Texas health system. Would hope , if you showed up at a hospital or a shelter if necessary . They could hook you up with a new social Worker . Not a independant type living Social Services ??. but a destitute / Homeless type of circumstances . So not sure how to advise someone in your circumstances , honestly . It seriously appears you maybe at the mercy of an pathological abuser? ...... :(
Put together a emergency pack for youself of somekind ? And hide it or stow it outside of the house . So if you had to
be stuck somewhere , other than your place of residence . You could find a way to go back there after lights out and retrieve the Emergency pack .. :roll: Think ""survival"" type , maybe . Any important Documents any evidence that you use that residence as a living/mailing address. Stuff you might save or need for identification. Or proof you are a Texas resident. Rmergency snack , maybe even water . Having control over something as small as a hide out bag. Could make you feel alittle more in control of your life. 8O . Someplace absolutely no one else knew of its existence .
Its not much but its a start,[ Prepare for the Worst/ Hope for the best ] Might Contact any relatives that are not affiliated with the Church..possibly . That you simply could touch base with . . . . momentarily .??