Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

ASDMommyASDKid
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2013, 10:41 am

Hmm Maybe the quilt is giving her to much proprioceptive feedback or too much pressure. If having no quilt (and reducing the weight on her) doesn't fix it, maybe taking the top sheet off, also, might. Sometimes feeling something all over your body to where you can feel the borders between yourself and not yourself (for a lack of better way to describe it) can feel weird and yucky.

postcards57
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Apr 2013, 9:37 pm

Good for figuring it out! I'd say it's going to be trial and error, trying to figure out how much warmth and weight she wants, and/or what texture. My ASD daughter can't stand to be too hot, and also got very upset if the cover wasn't smooth and flat. A loose nightgown and a light sheet patted on top of her in winter, no sheet in summer worked best. She also slept with us for years, which is how we got some sleep... sometimes I regret transitioning her to her own bed, because it has taken her a lot longer ever since. I'm just saying that because if I were you I wouldn't worry about sharing a room or a bed with your daughter if that works. She is still young and, being on the spectrum, may still be in a co-sleeping phase of development.
J.