Conducting a survey about autism diagnosis variables

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Psychoblue
Butterfly
Butterfly

10 Apr 2011, 11:15 am

the consent form wrote:
You are invited to participate in a research project entitled “Variables related to age of diagnosis in autism” designed to analyze the different variables surrounding autism diagnosis. The study is being conducted by Melisa Reed and myself, Aaron Pinsky, from Marshall University and has been approved by the Marshall University Institutional
Review Board (IRB). This research is being conducted as part of the thesis requirements for Aaron Pinsky.

This survey is comprised of (multiple-choice questions asking for the individual’s type of
autism spectrum diagnosis, the age at which they were diagnosed, the socioeconomic
status of their parents at the time of diagnosis and their ethnic background). Your replies
will be anonymous, so do not type your name anywhere on the form. There are no
known risks involved with this study. Participation is completely voluntary and there
will be no penalty or loss of benefits if you choose to not participate in this research study
or to withdraw. If you choose not to participate you may either return the blank survey or
you may discard it. You may choose to not answer any question by simply leaving it
blank. Once you complete the survey you can delete your browsing history for added
confidentiality.

Completing the on-line survey indicates your consent for use of the
answers you supply. If you have any questions about the study or in the event of a
research related injury, you may contact Melisa Reed at 304-696-2850, or myself at
804-516-9396.

If you have any questions concerning your rights as a research participant you may
contact the Marshall University Office of Research Integrity at (304) 696-4303.
By completing this survey you are also confirming that you are 18 years of age or older.

You may find the survey at https://spreadsheets.google.com/embedde ... NjJrY2c6MA

I posted this in the General Discussion Forum as well, but I'm posting it here because this survey is also open to parents of children with an autism spectrum diagnosis. Thank you for your time: it shouldn't take more than 3 minutes of it.