Beaten by parents who do not understand?

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

hmds2007
Butterfly
Butterfly

15 Dec 2016, 2:48 pm

I was being beaten up by my parents till 17 years.

My mom beat me till I was around 14. My dad beat me till I was 17. I cut my wrist when I was 17 just to make him stop. He did stop after looking at my blood.

My dad never beat my mom. I have a sister. She was never beaten up. It was only me.

My parents have never heard about autism or aspergers. When I told them that I have aspergers, they thought I have gone 'crazy'.

Every time they beat me, it wasn't because I have done something wrong but because I don't listen to them. The last time my dad beat me at the age of 17 was because he asked me to close the windows in the house and I politely refused as I was engrossed with some other work.

It's really hard when your parents think you are 'the devil' who makes their life miserable instead of trying to understand they way we like to live our lives.

I left home by 18. It was hard specially in India because parents live together with their children for life.

Now, I am 27 but can't have a decent relation with them. Even if I try to meet them once a year, it always ends up in a fight and then we do not talk again for a year.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2016, 7:44 pm

I heard Bangalore is supposed to be the computer centre of India. Are you into computers?

I'm sorry you had to go through this stuff with your parents.

Lunella
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2016, 8:22 pm

Just because they are your family doesn't mean you have to have a relationship with those toxic people. I've gotten rid of plenty of family in my life because they were too ignorant and toxic as an example. Put yourself above that because they clearly don't deserve a relationship with you after abusing you that much.

I can understand your want for a family but if they are bad and there's no getting through then it's not worth the mental stress. Some people are just too ignorant and stuck in their silly ways.

hmds2007
Butterfly
Butterfly

16 Dec 2016, 8:01 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I heard Bangalore is supposed to be the computer centre of India. Are you into computers?

I'm sorry you had to go through this stuff with your parents.

I actually moved to Bangalore from a small city. Bangalore is the start-up hub of India just like the bay area in the US.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2016, 5:52 pm

Do you have a job there?

If you do, half the battle is won.