Apologies for my unannounced absence

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

InThisTogether
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2013, 8:12 pm

Though I haven't been around long enough yet to know if it is usual for people to explain absences beforehand or not.

I'm just really bogged down with life right now. My job stinks, it's tough being a single mother, my "divorce" is not going smoothly, and I just feel so danged exhausted all the time.

Luckily, the world of neurodiversity has been fairly smooth for both kids right now. Neither are in crisis mode and both are fairing uncharacteristically well at school right now.

But that is kind of what makes me feel bad about not being around. If they were having problems, I'd still be around posting and asking for help and I feel bad about that. In good times I should be here to support people. I will try to do a better job of that, even if I don't come by every day. I'll still try to stop by a few times a week.

momsparky
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2013, 8:48 pm

Thanks for keeping us posted - and don't worry, we all take breaks from time to time! Take care of yourself!

InThisTogether
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2013, 8:50 pm

Thanks for understanding!

Bombaloo
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2013, 10:31 pm

No worries. I don't think anyone is keeping score as to who asks for help more than often than they give it. :)

miss-understood
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Jan 2013, 6:46 am

I was wondering where you'd gone InThisTogether, your posts always make me think and feel more positive. Lots of others do that too... I'll just take this opportunity to thank you all! THANK YOU!! !! !
No doubt there are many like me who take more from this forum than we give, one day I hope to do the same as the regulars around here. We get the "exhausted all the time", take care of yourself... i'll be thinking of you :) and hoping things non autism related start to improve in your life.

InThisTogether
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2013, 1:31 pm

miss-understood wrote:
I was wondering where you'd gone InThisTogether, your posts always make me think and feel more positive. Lots of others do that too... I'll just take this opportunity to thank you all! THANK YOU!! !! !
No doubt there are many like me who take more from this forum than we give, one day I hope to do the same as the regulars around here. We get the "exhausted all the time", take care of yourself... i'll be thinking of you :) and hoping things non autism related start to improve in your life.

That was very kind. You are welcome!

postcards57
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Jan 2013, 4:18 pm

Ah, I'm really sorry to hear that things aren't going well in your life. Going through a divorce is horrible but coming out on the other side is so, so, so much better than remaining stuck in a bad marriage (BTDT). One of the hardest things is finding things to do that you enjoy... you get so caught up in all the negativity of the process it's hard to even imagine having fun. If there's something you enjoy doing with your kids (walks, movies, painting) make the incredible effort it seems to be to do it; you'll all feel better for it.
Best of luck with all of it,
J.

MomofThree1975
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Jan 2013, 5:50 pm

Welcome back! You insightful and well thought out comments were missed.

bjtao
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Jan 2013, 11:59 am

InThisTogether wrote:
Though I haven't been around long enough yet to know if it is usual for people to explain absences beforehand or not.

I'm just really bogged down with life right now. My job stinks, it's tough being a single mother, my "divorce" is not going smoothly, and I just feel so danged exhausted all the time.

Luckily, the world of neurodiversity has been fairly smooth for both kids right now. Neither are in crisis mode and both are fairing uncharacteristically well at school right now.

But that is kind of what makes me feel bad about not being around. If they were having problems, I'd still be around posting and asking for help and I feel bad about that. In good times I should be here to support people. I will try to do a better job of that, even if I don't come by every day. I'll still try to stop by a few times a week.

I can understand where you are at right now, hang in there! It may take a while, but it gets easier!

I think you should feel happy to have not been on these forums...it means all is going really well. This is not a group I ever wanted to join and I don't wish joining it on anyone. I am happy I hardly ever come on here anymore. Like for you, it means my son is well.

HisMom
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2013, 12:34 am

I agree with the previous poster. Be glad that you have had NO reason to post on these forums for a while now ! !!

You have a lot on your plate right now.... take care of yourself and stay strong. Good luck !