Wondering if I may have AS, too, or if I'm over-analyzing?

Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2015, 9:32 pm

cathylynn wrote:
if you don't want or need an official diagnosis, here's a very brief test based on the criteria docs use: www.iautistic.com/test_AS.php
That's really nice, until you try to use a screen capture of your on-line results as a means to defend yourself against discrimination in education, employment, or housing.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

ASDMommyASDKid
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2015, 11:35 am

Fnord wrote:
cathylynn wrote:
if you don't want or need an official diagnosis, here's a very brief test based on the criteria docs use: www.iautistic.com/test_AS.php
That's really nice, until you try to use a screen capture of your on-line results as a means to defend yourself against discrimination in education, employment, or housing.

She prefaced her statement with, "if you don't want or need an official diagnosis..." The only way you can sue (or threaten to sue) for these things is if you choose to be "out." Not everyone does, b/c for example if you don't disclose and if you can "pass," the discrimination is not as bad, in the first place. It can be a matter of faking it better in public, and many choose to focus on that aspect.

I am not minimizing the needs of those who do not have this luxury; but there are many who don't have to disclose, and they should have a safe place to talk about their issues.