Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

lastchild3
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

07 Nov 2016, 7:22 am

My daughter age 15 doesn't like shopping for clothes and the idea of going to our local Mall is "Her idea of Hell". However she did manage to go to our local Mall yesterday afternoon. I miss admit I don't like shopping for clothes either as I always feel like I look like I been drag through a hedge backwards.
Anyway enough of me.
We went and looked in HM too busy and too much stuff! Manage to find a jumper and jeans. She tried them on happy teenage. Next we went to Marks and Spencer much better much quieter and bigger shop helped. Tried on a feel things a skirt which she really like and I help her see if its was ok with a belt. I have a good idea for things. After this we both needed a break and I suggested a stiff cup of tea. How English I always have tea in the morning and tea in the afternoon. Cup of tea and a free Christmas biscuit job done. I was on the edge of a melt down but talking to her helped me too. The old adage of having my three girls wanting my attention and only mum will do.
We went home victorious clothes for my daughter and a calmer mum.
Sometimes I look at my daughter and I see me in her like we are two peas in a pod. Very Proud! :)

postcards57
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Nov 2016, 10:07 pm

Shopping is far from a favourite thing for us, too! I feel so bad for my teenager. She has trouble finding clothes that fit properly and suit her. So discouraging...

You definitely should be proud of her, and of yourself, too!

InThisTogether
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2016, 1:48 pm

Way to go! Sometimes I feel very lucky that I get to feel proud of my kids for things other parents take for granted.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2016, 5:11 am

I've always hated clothes shopping at the mall. That's what Value Village is for. However, I'm also very proud of your daughter.

somanyspoons
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2016, 11:15 am

:D

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2016, 4:54 pm

Congratulations to your daughter!

I never particularly liked clothes shopping as a teenager and hated my local mall. It felt creepy going through there and it could at times be dangerous. However, I love clothes and shoe shopping now. It is good for your daughter to get this experience now.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2017, 6:29 pm

Santa Maria is a nice area. I'm surprised the mall there was dangerous to you.