Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Goche21
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Dec 2007, 1:53 pm

I'm getting that a lot lately with my daughter ((yeah, I know I kept saying son, but the untrasound lied ^^; )). She's now three weeks old and has rolled over twice and has started to try to crawl! Today I layed her down straight in the middle of the crib on her tummy ((the doctor said to do that when she's awake to strengthen her chest)) and when I came back to check on her she was turned almost 90 degrees and at the edge of the crib! She's got some control of her head, and can keep it held up for ten or so seconds at a time.

I don't know whether to be proud, or worried ^^; I'm leaning towards proud...

ster
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2007, 1:58 pm

sounds like you've got yourself a squirmer !

Basshead
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2007, 2:01 pm

Proud sounds about right.

KimJ
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2007, 2:15 pm

Wow, my son never crawled. I think he was falling off the bed around 4 weeks. Good motor skills are a good sign, I think.

gwenevyn
l'esprit de l'escalier
l'esprit de l'escalier

01 Dec 2007, 2:16 pm

I loved your little story about your daughter. :D Congratulations!

I can identify. My son started rolling over when he was two weeks old. No one believed me except for the people who saw it with their own eyes. As it turns out, yes, he is a real squirmer, an ants-in-your-pants kind of kid. It's interesting to look back at his early infancy and see how his temperament was already asserting itself.

Tell us more!

Goche21
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Dec 2007, 2:39 pm

gwenevyn wrote:
I loved your little story about your daughter. :D Congratulations!

I can identify. My son started rolling over when he was two weeks old. No one believed me except for the people who saw it with their own eyes. As it turns out, yes, he is a real squirmer, an ants-in-your-pants kind of kid. It's interesting to look back at his early infancy and see how his temperament was already asserting itself.

Tell us more!

I can see a little bit of her temperment. She's an impatient little girl, everything has to be given just when she wants it. She's fairly still when she's on her back, just sorta laying their, but when she's on her stomach she just wants to move. She'll get mad when she can't go anywhere, but given time will manage to drag herself a bit. She also loves to be held, and loves music. We started playing Mozart a few months before her birth, and now she wont go to sleep at night without it. Durring the day a little singing, or soft melodies will calm her down, which I'm grateful for.

She's a bit big for her age at 22 inches long, and weighing 10 pound 4 oz ((7 pound 12 oz at birth)) has beautiful green eyes, black hair, and a somewhat dark complection. ^__^

BugsMom
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Dec 2007, 3:21 pm

Goche21 wrote:
Today I layed her down straight in the middle of the crib on her tummy ((the doctor said to do that when she's awake to strengthen her chest)) and when I came back to check on her she was turned almost 90 degrees and at the edge of the crib!

My son did this when he was about a month old! He was a squirmer too, and at almost 6 years old, he still is :).

Smelena
Cure Neurotypicals Now!
Cure Neurotypicals Now!

02 Dec 2007, 3:52 pm

My oldest son was rolling from his back to his tummy (regularly and intentionally) from 2 weeks old.

When I told the child nurse, she told me, 'this was not possible'. :roll:

When he demonstrated for her, she spluttered and said, 'well it's only a reflex' :roll:

Helen

Pandora
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2007, 7:24 am

Ha! That's what they say when they are stumped for a proper explanation.

Hold your heads up high.
"Western Girls" - Dragon

Metal_Man
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2007, 9:51 am

Every baby is different. My son started squirming very early and also never crawled. He would push himself across the floor like a slug. Then one day he just stood up and started walking.

siuan
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2007, 1:46 am

My daughter amazed us, the hospital staff and my family when, her first day in this world, she held her head up. Week three, she rolled over. At four months, she was using a walker because she *had* to move.

My advice to you is buy a fence lol My daughter was active starting in thw womb and at four years hasn't slowed down a bit!

9CatMom
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2007, 10:04 am

I was very active as a child, too. I didn't really crawl all that much, according to my parents. I was up and running at an early age.

jaleb
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2008, 11:39 pm

she's beautiful, you must be so proud!

"Be kinder than necessary,
for everyone you meet is
fighting some kind of battle".

whatamess
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2008, 2:53 am

Congratulations!

Just in case, you might want to get the book "Baby Whisperer"...It was the best book in the world for me...Actually, I did most of the things and I would say 99% worked...Knowing as much as I know about my son now, well, now I understand why they worked...it is truly a great book. All the other books I read didn't do a thing for my son...

He was sleeping through the night at about week 3, between 10pm-6am...

jaleb
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2008, 1:20 pm

I agree about the baby whisperer book, I read that one also with my second child and lots of it really worked for me!

"Be kinder than necessary,
for everyone you meet is
fighting some kind of battle".