Gold 45%  45%  [ 5 ]
Silver 55%  55%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 11

Thatmew
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2009, 8:12 pm

You might have noticed already, but...
Due in Fall of 2009 in Japan, the rest of us have to wait for localization in 2010. As for the matter of screaming and getting excited, discuss.
(And now we all wait for further details, pictures, and more fun to come.)

Elfnote
Raven
Raven

13 May 2009, 10:37 pm

I'm looking forward to these, mainly because I've always felt that the second gen games were the best. I'm going with Gold because I started on Crystal, but before I bought it I rented Gold, and my brother owned Silver.

Henriksson
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2009, 2:36 am

Since I'm guessing it's for DS, which I don't have and don't intend to get, one of those emulation versions for computers would be superb.

Pokémon games are one of the most complex Gameboy games, and Pokémon Gold and Silver was the height of the Pokémon era.

I like. :D

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2009, 9:42 am

So the many rumors and hints were corect in a remake of Gold and Silver being made, I mostly played Crystal in that gen, but other then that I will probably get Gold. I usualy get the one which is a warm color, while my brother gets the cool colored one. On another note Platnium was just released here in Australia today, and I got it, so I am going through that now, not to mention the latest player guide was a total of 624 pages, so future looks good.

trgd__15
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 May 2009, 2:15 am

The second gen games are my favourite in the series. Can't wait to play through Silver again. :D

PLA
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2009, 3:46 am

I have the old silver, so I'll go with gold this time. But only if my priorities allow me to get another one. I still won't be buying Platinum for a long while.

"Everyone loves the dolphin. A bitter shark - emerging from it's cold depths - doesn't stand a chance." This is hyperbol.

"Run, Jump, Fall, Limp off, Try Harder."

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2009, 8:41 am

Why are there always new pokemon versions coming out? Should their slogan really be "Gotta Buy 'em All"?

Henriksson
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2009, 9:09 am

ToadOfSteel wrote:
Why are there always new pokemon versions coming out? Should their slogan really be "Gotta Buy 'em All"?

I wouldn't mind it, if they actually were innovative instead of pumping out carbon copies. A Shadow of the Collosus type of game would be awesome, but I doubt Nintendo is going do to something like that.

DocStrange
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2009, 2:43 pm

I stopped playing Pokemon games after the second gen, but the first two generations were really fun. I recently bought LeafGreen and i've had alot of fun with it. Brought back memories of playing Red and Blue for hours and hours when I was a kid.

BlackjackGabbiani
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 May 2009, 6:10 am

I really hope Eusine's in it. He was awesome. And I know he was a Crystal-only character, but think of it this way--it'd be unthinkable to do a Ruby/Sapphire remake without the Frontier Brains, right?

SamuraiSaxen
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2009, 2:43 pm

I'll pick SoulSilver, since I played Silver that season :)

Gifted-Monster
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 May 2009, 11:56 am

I'm rather flexible on the matter.

I would actually love an xbox 360 version of pokemon but that hope is gone.

I was a massive fan of gold and silver, more so than any other generation. It was new and fresh...but you could also go back and see actual development of Kanto.

I for one hope Gold and Silver is bigger/ access to some of Hoenn's pokemon (Hoeen is Ruby...I think.)

I for one loved creating starter teams of deadly pokemon.

Scyther/ Sneasel
Mew
Starter
Eevee
Larvitar
Dratini

A very potent line-up. Amazing defence, offence...especially if you TM and breed them all right! Eevee knowing Shadow Ball will rip opponent's apart /cackle

z0rp
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2009, 12:33 pm

Ooh, I played Gold and Silver way back. Shame I don't have a DS or anything.

Henriksson
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2009, 1:04 pm

Gifted-Monster wrote:
I'm rather flexible on the matter.

I would actually love an xbox 360 version of pokemon but that hope is gone.

I was a massive fan of gold and silver, more so than any other generation. It was new and fresh...but you could also go back and see actual development of Kanto.

I for one hope Gold and Silver is bigger/ access to some of Hoenn's pokemon (Hoeen is Ruby...I think.)

I for one loved creating starter teams of deadly pokemon.

Scyther/ Sneasel
Mew
Starter
Eevee
Larvitar
Dratini

A very potent line-up. Amazing defence, offence...especially if you TM and breed them all right! Eevee knowing Shadow Ball will rip opponent's apart /cackle

But what fun is having a lot of deadly Pokémon in the beginning? :P

Gifted-Monster
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 May 2009, 9:44 pm

Because since they are traded they gain xp faster and thus they reach the point where they don't obey you. So you basically gotta keep them level 10 or below except for your starter for when you meet Bugsy.

:)

Larvitar is really useful in gym's like those. He just shrugs off whatever attack you try :D

But yeah...DS...these 2 games will be the only reason why I'll buy them. Wonder if they'll have all four continents open up...

What'd rock? Reintroducing the GS Ball that was only in Japanese versions so you can catch Celebi in Ilex Forest.

Firechick
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

22 Jul 2009, 7:18 pm

YAAAAAAAAAAAAY!! ! OMP I AM SO HAPPY ABOUT THIS!! ! I am sooooooooo gonna get these if they come out in the US soon!! :D :D :D :D