Page 1 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Cockroach96
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2015, 3:44 am

I play GTA IV and San Andreas every day. They are my favorite games of all time, plus they are good anger outlets.

staremaster
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2015, 6:26 am

I play GTA 4 once in a while. I consider it as sort of a "palette cleanser", a refreshing change from other games. As most of the stuff I play is violent in one way or another, I try to play GTA 4 as non-violently as possible. Needless to say, I still have not completed it. I did complete San Andreas though, that was fun.

Marky9
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2015, 9:47 am

No, sadly. I totally suck at any games that involve vehicle races or chases.

staremaster
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2015, 6:56 pm

GTA IV has some excellent driving and vehicle mechanics. It is good enough to be reminiscent of actually driving a car, which is more than can be said for San Andreas. The accident physics in GTA IV make most games with cars in them look like "bumper cars" in comparison.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2015, 12:29 am

I like to play them when I'm in a certain mood for bad games...I've beaten 3 + VC + SA, one of these days I might beat 1 and 2 (or I might just cheat my way through them to get it over with), I also have VC Stories on the PS2, but the terrible framerate is sort of annoying. I finally got GTAIV to run somewhat okay on my PC, but haven't really played it yet.

I don't play the games correctly, though. I know most people just like to go on mindless murder rampages, but I actually just like a relaxing drive listening to talk radio...and then I accidentally flip my car and have to hurry to find a new one before I miss anything =/

Oh, I also beat GTA Advance, and I need to play more Chinatown Wars. Out of all of the games, that one actually feels like they put a lot of work into it, more "quality over quantity". Even though the traffic AI is not very good =) I do miss that 90s nostalgia that the older games had, though.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2015, 9:54 am

I had. :twisted: I finished all GTA San Andreas missions twice; 1st with cheats, 2nd no cheats at all.

I tried (and still have) Vice City, but I'm having issues on the controls at the moment...

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

DailyPoutine1
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2015, 6:48 am

No; I suck at shooters and driving games. I prefer RPGs

GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2015, 10:47 am

I love the GTA series and am going for 100% in GTA V right now. My favourite was San Andreas: must have beaten it 3-4 times, sunk well over 200 hours in it and even spent more time in Ammu-nation than any real life store. I wish I was making that up!

Anachron
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Jul 2015, 11:06 pm

Living in Los Santos is where I spend a large part of my free time. I usually drive around perfecting flips and varials in the mountains. I put off-road tires on a racecar and I just work the whole map like a skateboarder. I have no regular friends so if anyone on ps3 wants to meet up online, I would like that very much.

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2015, 12:34 am

I bought the PC version of GTA IV a while ago, and played it a bit mostly to test my new PC build. It's OK, but the appeal wears thin for me really quickly, and the controls don't work well with a keyboard and mouse.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

31 Jul 2015, 12:49 am

I didn't like GTA IV that much, San Andreas and GTA V were both far superior. Thought Niko Bellic was a bad character, hated that fake accent.

KagamineLen
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2015, 9:56 am

Hey, if anybody here wants to wreck some havoc with me in GTA V online on the Xbox, let me know. I am looking for people to play with who are not randoms.

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2015, 6:35 am

I dont. I seem to be one of the very few that just genuinely dislikes the series.

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

02 Aug 2015, 6:45 am

You're going to laugh but I hope you can help me. I love GTA. But I use it to take scenic drives. I let all the racers go ahead and then tootle along happily. Sometimes I pick up speed but mostly I'm alone (true to life!).

Anyway, I lost my best GTA when my computer died without backup years ago. Then I bought a newer one and it won't let me out of Hawaii because I didn't win. Every location is a level I have to win. Obviously I don't want to play to win. I want to drive slowly in the beautiful scenery.

Does anybody know of a GTA (best scenery) that will let me do things my way?

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2015, 8:39 am

Claradoon wrote:
You're going to laugh but I hope you can help me. I love GTA. But I use it to take scenic drives. I let all the racers go ahead and then tootle along happily. Sometimes I pick up speed but mostly I'm alone (true to life!).

Anyway, I lost my best GTA when my computer died without backup years ago. Then I bought a newer one and it won't let me out of Hawaii because I didn't win. Every location is a level I have to win. Obviously I don't want to play to win. I want to drive slowly in the beautiful scenery.

Does anybody know of a GTA (best scenery) that will let me do things my way?

There really arent games like that as far as I know. Not among the AAA group, anyway. To most gamers, sandbox games are either A: like GTA, or B: like Minecraft.

For other games... that are JUST about exploring and such... you'd have to go to indie games.

I mean, I can think of other GTA-ish games that do scenery VERY well, most notably Just Cause 2, BUT, you get attacked pretty frequently in that game. There's lots to look at and the game world is HUGE, but while there's lots to explore, the devs stuffed in tons of action, which means frequent enemy attacks. That type of sandbox game is like that. The sandbox-ness is there, but alot of gamers also want STUFF to do, and they want action. So you get tons of missions or tons of enemies or both. It's just how it works. That's what sells.

You'll want to look elsewhere for the sort of experience you want. Alot of games focused mostly on exploring and scenery, though, do not have vehicles (or roads). You'd have to spend some time looking though; unlike AAA games, where the publishers come to you, shrieking and jumping up and down so you cant POSSIBLY not know their games exist, anything else takes some browsing and searching to find.

I'd give suggestions, but a pure scenery/exploration game would bore me too much, so I have none to give. I just know they're out there.

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

02 Aug 2015, 11:16 am

But the game *was* Grand Theft Auto. Just many years ago. There were lots of cars attacking me but if I didn't engage they'd crash my car and go away, and then I'd be upright again and alone for a while. The cars would come back and destroy me etc. But in the meantime I had a nice drive.

The problem with GTA now is that they won't let me use any racecourse but the "training" one (Hawaii) until I learn to win it. All I'm asking for is GTA with more elementary courses that I can play without winning. That's the old one but I don't remember what version it was. It had Ireland in the rain.

I don't suppose I can still buy old versions of GTA if I can figure out which one?

Oh, and I want scenery - I spent a lot of money and got one with racetracks and cheering people in the stands - ick.