02 Dec 2018, 9:13 am

Here's one of my favorites.

Reina and Nishiki in Yakuza Kiwami

It felt so emotional. Poor Reina. :cry:

Drake
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2018, 10:03 am

Since I'm currently playing the first Kessen, here's a memorable one from the second one, and I bet very few of you have seen it.

Before Kratos, there was Liu Bei. :P

Curse your mandate!

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2018, 10:43 am

I also really like the epic opening intro to Yakuza 4.

I miss this game! :cry:

Drake
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2018, 2:11 pm

Another game I've been playing recently is Unreal Tournament 3. And it has this awesome Necris invasion cutscene:

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2018, 3:56 pm

The opening intro to Resident Evil 3 was also pretty epic. I miss the days when Resident Evil was actually GOOD and not the generic action game crap it has become today. :(

Arganger
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2018, 7:37 pm

I cried so much the first time...

Suspected; PTSD (Treated, as my counselor did notice), possible PCOS, PMDD, Learning disabilities (Sure of it, unknown what they are), possibly something wrong with immune system (Sick about as much as I'm not) Possible EDS- hyper mobility type (Will be getting tested, suggested by doctor) dysautonomia

roronoa79
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2018, 9:13 pm

The opening cutscene from Chrono Cross. This game could be hit or miss sometimes but this is one of the best openings in a game I've ever seen.

Δυνατὰ δὲ οἱ προύχοντες πράσσουσι καὶ οἱ ἀσθενεῖς ξυγχωροῦσιν.
Those with power do what their power permits, and the weak can only acquiesce.

- Thucydides

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2018, 8:26 am

Not really a cutscene but I love the dance sequence in the gentlemen's club in Yakuza Kiwami.

Shinku Tora
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

11 Dec 2018, 11:54 pm

Way too many to pick just one.

Games from Grasshopper tend to have most of my favorites; the Russian roulette scene in Killer7, Dr. Peace or Charlie MacDonald from the No More Heroes games, the more surreal stuff from Killer is Dead.

Metal Gear series also has a lot of cool stuff. Mainly the gun juggling and CQC from 3.

Bayonetta and DMC have a lot of great over the top stuff.

Deadly Premonition is a bit of a gold mine, a bit strange even compared to the stuff it’s based off of. The scene where York goes to eat at the diner after the lumber mill was a defining moment of his character for me.

gilding our minutes and hours;
Clouds came and covered the sun,
the breath of a baleful unease,
turning to ashes flowers in their fields,
silenced the birds in the trees.

Fraljmir
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Dec 2018, 3:10 am

While not exactly 'cutscenes', a few that come into mind is the Kingdom Hearts 1 opening intro, the classic WoW cinematic, pretty much all Dragon Age: Origins cutscenes, I love that game.

Here's one which most people probably won't recognise however, the opening intro to Phantasy Star Online Ep 1 & 2.

coalminer
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Dec 2018, 1:45 pm

I originally went in-depth on these cutscenes and wrote big paragraphs about them, but WrongPlanet failed to load after I hit "Submit", and everything was gone after I clicked Refresh. :evil: I'm not typing out all that s**t again, so I'm just gonna list them:

-The dialog with the Happy Mask Salesman after he teaches you the Song of Healing in Majora's Mask.

-The opening cutscene in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate's World of Light (please don't reply with spoilers, as I won't be playing the game until Christmas).

SPOILERS AHEAD:
POKEMON MYSTERY DUNGEON GATES TO INFINITY
POKEMON SUN AND MOON
KIRBY'S RETURN TO DREAMLAND
SUPER MARIO GALAXY

-The cutscenes where Munna betrays you and Hydreigon saves you in Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Gates to Infinity.

-One of the ending cutscenes in Pokémon Sun and Moon, where Lillie gets on a boat bound for Kanto, leaving Hau in tears.

-The scene after defeating Landia where Magolor betrays you in Kirby's Return to Dreamland.

-The cutscene after the last Bowser fight in Super Mario Galaxy, where the Lumas save Mario from a black hole, Rosalina tells Mario about the universe, and the Mushroom Kingdom is reborn.

I could name more, but after what just happened, I'd rather finish this post...

coalminer
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Dec 2018, 1:48 pm

TW1ZTY wrote:
The opening intro to Resident Evil 3 was also pretty epic. I miss the days when Resident Evil was actually GOOD and not the generic action game crap it has become today. :(

Resident Evil 7 came out early last year, and that's a full-on first-person horror game rather than an action shooter like the other modern ones. I suggest you check it out.

PatrickJane
Raven
Raven

15 Dec 2018, 9:15 am

Indominus
Raven
Raven

27 Dec 2018, 7:03 pm