Page 161 of 276 [ 4407 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164 ... 276  Next

LittleKnownBeat
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

05 Jun 2017, 7:28 am

Currently playing Dying Light on the PS4. :skull:

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2017, 7:36 am

mr_bigmouth_502 wrote:
You might also need to disable inversion.

I've gotten used to inverted aiming in a lot of games because the US release of Turok: Rage Wars forced it upon you =|

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2017, 11:30 am

I've been focusing on finishing a lot of games on my Steam games backlog, which is pretty huge. In the last couple days I finished Ori and the Blind Forest, which I regret having not played earlier even though I bought it years ago, and I regret not having picked up the Definitive Edition for cheap when it first released. It is far up there with the best 2D platformer/Metroidvania games I've played and I've played a lot, for me it's right up there with Super Metroid, Castlevania: SotN and Cave Story. Also it's beautiful, it reminds me of a Ghibli film in its visual design. If it has any weaknesses it's that the combat is not great, but it's also not the focus of the game - most of the time you die (which is a lot, there's a reason why save scumming is part of its design) it's because you messed up the platforming, which is top notch. Most of the game enemies are also not so much obstacles as just part of the platforming - like bouncing off enemies in Mario to get to higher places.

I also finished Momodora: Reverie Under the Moonlight, which I also thought was fantastic. It's a little overly obvious in how it takes inspiration from Cave Story and Dark Souls/Bloodborne, but it absolutely nails the execution. I just wish it had been a little longer, as it only took me about four hours to complete on normal difficulty. Also it has some of the best pixel art and animation I've seen in a game.

I was disappointed after finishing Night in the Woods. I picked it up after hearing a lot of good things about it on the internet, comparing it to Life is Strange which I enjoyed a lot. Also it has overwhelming positive reception from Steam reviews. But I found it incredibly boring, abysmally paced, and full of tedious gameplay elements. The best thing about the game is that it has some reasonably fleshed out characters and the main character arc is somewhat engaging, but it's about two to three hours of good story in a story focused game, that's about eight hours in length.

I'm not sure what I'll finish next. I still have a lot of half finished games that I'll kill time playing until Wonderboy: The Dragon's Trap comes out this week.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2017, 4:02 pm

I'm playing the Clannad visual novel. I've played Fuko, Kyou/Ryou, and Misae's Routes, and now I'm nearly done Tomoyo's Route. I'll then do Kotomi, Komura-sensei, Yukine, Kappei, and Mei's Routes. I am uncertain about whether to go through After Story with all of the light orbs collected and then go back and get the last one, or get them all and then play it.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2017, 8:26 am

Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks has suddenly become much more time consuming than I thought it would be. I knew there had to be a reason for all of the railroad signs...well now I get to deliver crap, very carefully, back and forth, all over the country =)

Currently I am okay with this. Time will tell if I will continue to be okay with this.

Grahzmann
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Jun 2017, 1:46 pm

Shadows of the Damned
Doom
Grand Theft Auto V

After Shadows of the Damned, I'm finally going to get around to the Resident Evil remake.

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2017, 7:04 am

SabbraCadabra wrote:
DeepHour wrote:
Attempting to play Goldeneye 007, but finding it frustrating owing to the N64 controller, which does not impress.

IMO N64 had the best gamepad for FPS (though I prefer mouse + keyboard). The durability of the joystick itself does not hold up over the years, however =(

I always play GoldenEye and Perfect Dark with the controller settings on 1.2 (I think it is), so the C-buttons are for movement, and the analogue stick is for looking around.

I'm wondering whether you've come across the '1964 - Carnivorous Edition' (what a name, lol) emulator for the N64, and if so what you think of it. I discovered it only yesterday, and am pretty impressed. It seems to be ideal for playing Goldeneye and Perfect Dark and can be set up for mouse and keyboard (WASD) very easily. I played a couple of levels of the former on it, and the game ran really smoothly, with no graphical or audio glitches and excellent controls.

I've also tried the 'Project 64' emulator, but couldn't get a usable keyboard configuration out of it, and it doesn't seem to support a mouse at all.

http://www.shootersforever.com/forums_m ... php?t=7045

LittleKnownBeat
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 Jun 2017, 10:52 am

Dying light :skull: :twisted: 8)

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2017, 7:35 am

DeepHour wrote:
I'm wondering whether you've come across the '1964 - Carnivorous Edition' (what a name, lol) emulator for the N64, and if so what you think of it.

I don't remember, it's been a while since I've touched any N64 emulators. I know I've played Goldeneye with WASD + mouse before, it might have been Project 64 with a specific input plugin. There's another fork or plugin that will let you "overclock" the CPU and remove the frame limiter from certain games, I think GE and PD were on the list, so you could play them with a much smoother framerate.

It was fun to play around with, but I usually prefer to play the real deal. I haven't been in an N64 mood in a while though (too busy with NES, Genesis, and Saturn)...but I'm thinking I might finally pick up an Everdrive for it during the next Black Friday sale.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2017, 3:33 pm

What to play, what to play...? Dragon Quest VIII or Fire Emblem Echoes...

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2017, 12:20 am

PS3 PSN download.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2017, 12:54 pm

I'm almost done Kotomi's Route in Clannad. I'm aiming for 100% completion [which in this instance means all routes, music, special pictures, and achievements completed/unlocked].

Almajo88
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Jun 2017, 3:52 pm

I bought a used 3DS XL (old model) recently in order to play a couple of games that have been released since I sold my previous 3DS. The first is SMT4: Apocalypse, which I haven't started yet, and the second is:

Phoenix Wright: Spirit of Justice

To be honest? I'm struggling to enjoy this. It's beyond Apollo Justice levels of stupid. I've just finished the second case. While I've had issues with the mysticism taking a larger role in this game, my biggest problem is that the logic you have to use this time is consistently nonsense; without spoiling, the second case alone was a perfect storm of an impossible murder method, threads being completely dropped (including one point that contradicts the prosecution's argument for a while but which can't be brought up and is never, ever mentioned again despite being extremely important), many instances of having to extrapolate to wild conclusions when there are much simpler answers. Phoenix Wright games have always had these issues but never to this extent. The old problem of the game always being several steps behind you is still present, too, only it's more patronising now when the game penalises you for pushing a few steps ahead only to spout a bunch of nonsense... and that's a problem too, the characters are more difficult to believe than ever before because they're following this geriatric pacing that is completely detached from how the player is thinking.

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2017, 7:10 pm

Nuutism
Butterfly
Butterfly

12 Jun 2017, 3:00 pm

Hello! :)

I'm currently playing:

Skyrim Special Edition, Fallout 4 (both with around 120 mods), GTA5, The Witcher 3 GOTY, CounterAttack, ARK, Conan Exiles, Alien Isolation, Batman - Arkham Knight, DOOM, Minecraft and Kung Fury.

Just rented (again) a server for ARK so i can install mods and i have always liked dinosaurs. The problem is with games, that i rarely get to play a game more than some days and then i have to switch again. I did finish FarCry Primal and Dying Light this year :)

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2017, 6:56 pm

I have six more routes to complete in Clannad, and then comes After Story. Wahoo! :D