Page 185 of 276 [ 4410 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188 ... 276  Next

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2018, 6:40 am

Kuraudo7777 wrote:
^Are you going to get one?

I thought about getting one for my girlfriend for Christmas, but she didn't seem that interested in it, and then we broke up.

It would be cool to have one just as a collectable, but I already have an SNES and a Wii. I might get an Everdrive next Black Friday, I bought one for the N64 during the last sale.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2018, 2:56 pm

^If you made a personal list of the top fifteen games, what would you choose?

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Scorpius14
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2018, 11:17 pm

a mixture of rocket league or 7dtd

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2018, 9:16 am

Kuraudo7777 wrote:
^If you made a personal list of the top fifteen games, what would you choose?

Ooh gosh, I don't know if I could narrow it down to 15. I'll have to think about it over the weekend.

For what it's worth, I think the SNES Classic has a really good mix of stuff.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2018, 11:49 am

^For me, it would be, in no particular order:

Pokemon Pearl/Platinum
Pokemon Explorers of Sky
Pokemon Soulsilver
Dragon Quest IX
Radiant Historia/3DS Remake
Rune Factory 4
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy VI
Final Fantasy Curtain Call
Okami
The Last Story
Earthbound
Mother 3
Metroid Zero Mission/Super Metroid
Persona 4 Golden

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2018, 6:27 pm

Oh, I thought you meant top 15 SNES games. Top 15 ever??? I couldn't do it :)

Top 3, though, would be The Legend of Zelda, Super Mario Bros. 3, and Thief 2. Maybe add Breath of the Wild to that list, make it a Top 4. Add one more, I think I'd be torn between EarthBound and Dragon Warrior 3.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2018, 6:44 pm

I've never played Dragon Warrior 3. What's it like? IX is the only game in the series I've actually played.

Almajo88
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Feb 2018, 8:44 pm

I'm trying to play more games. I've been going through a period of not wanting to play many games! I just got through Final Fantasy VII for the manyth time. I need to play more classic JRPGs that I haven't played or finished, so I plan to go through Chrono Trigger and Dragon Quest V first of all.

I'm not actually very hopeful, though. I didn't enjoy either when I tried them before, whereas I have an unjustifiable fondness for games I played as a kid, like Breath of Fire 3

You know, I did a play through of Shadow Hearts 2 maybe a year back? I never finished that one. I got up to the final dungeon and stopped caring.

Maybe I should give up this nonsense and simply replay FF7, Suikoden 1&2 and Grandia, the best JRPGs of all time on the best console of all time~ (I'm going to try and get into CT and DQV though, for real)

Lace-Bane
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2018, 9:13 pm

“divinity: original sin” as two basic knights... tried a few custom pairs of complementing builds prior, but they felt off. main trouble had now is with enemies that blow up.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2018, 12:04 pm

Pokemon Omega Ruby

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2018, 4:11 pm

Puyo Puyo Tetris! The second Sega game in a year that I absolutely adore (the other being Sonic Mania).

I always loved the Puyo Puyo games growing up, and I have fond memories playing it online using ZSNES and zbattle.net back in the day. Now it's finally got a release on PC with online ranked play, I suspect I'll be playing this for a very long time.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2018, 8:10 pm

I can basically count on one hand the number of games that genuinely made me laugh out loud.

In order:

Earthbound
Mother 3
Smash Bros--all of them
Rune Factory 4
Persona 4 Golden

Runner Up:
The Last Story [mainly for witty teammate banter]

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2018, 5:14 am

Into the Breach.

If anyone's ever heard of FTL (Faster Than Light), it's by the same developers as that one.

I like this one waaaayyyyyy more though. Absolutely fantastic.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2018, 7:48 pm

I might play Radiant Historia 3DS, since I just got it today.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2018, 3:46 am

Kuraudo7777 wrote:
I've never played Dragon Warrior 3. What's it like? IX is the only game in the series I've actually played.

All of the games are pretty similar, it's a series that really strives for keeping tradition. IX added a lot of new features, like multiplayer, item crafting, roaming monsters (instead of random encounters), sidequests, having your equipment actually visible on your character, changing vocations, grottos, um...cutscenes are a pretty recent addition, added in VII. I haven't played VIII yet, but I'm pretty sure all of those things were new to IX.

The first three games actually formed a trilogy. Each game had one big overarching story, instead of IX which has a bunch of smaller stories in each area. III was the first to introduce the inn where you could create your own party. There was something kind of like Alltrades Abbey near the end of the game, but instead of changing to a different vocation, you got a big upgrade to the classes that you already were. Of course, aside from the main character, you could go back and create a new party any time you wanted. No cutscenes, sidequests, or any of those other things I mentioned. Pots and chests never get replenished. Dark caves required torches or light spells.

The first three (four?) NES games had a different translation that's out-of-date now. Everyone spoke in Old English, and most of the names are different (for characters, monsters, spells, items, etc). The original trilogy remixes for GBC have updated translations, less censorship, and a few bonuses like extended music. III on GBC has a lot of other extras, like a new personality intro for the main character, tiny medals, monster medals (for unlocking the new bonus dungeon), and an Itadaki Street minigame.

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2018, 5:43 am

If your love awaits / Why are you standing out here? / Let's save her, stupid.