Does anyone else burst out in tears as they become nostalgic

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Mootoo
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2013, 7:19 am

It's what happens to me every time I do anything that's in relation to a game I played in childhood (mostly RPGs, not just 'trivial' games like Tekken or such) - this is mainly in response to their music, but if accompanied by a crucial in-game storyline, as e.g. when I watched the last 30 minutes or so of Final Fantasy 8 on a YT Let's Play (while high nonetheless, which actually helped me get some insights about the game I didn't figure out before) I just bowled continuously in utter joy... until YouTube froze up, of course. :roll:

PsychoSarah
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2013, 12:21 pm

No, you are a wuss.

staremaster
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2013, 1:10 pm

Playing a video game i enjoyed in childhood has moistened my eyes once or twice, I will admit. I sometimes have to remind myself that being a kid wasn't all candy and sunshine, (although it can sure seem like it now, in the age of limited funds and day-one dlc)

transformingcar
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2013, 3:33 pm

Mootoo wrote:
It's what happens to me every time I do anything that's in relation to a game I played in childhood (mostly RPGs, not just 'trivial' games like Tekken or such) - this is mainly in response to their music, but if accompanied by a crucial in-game storyline, as e.g. when I watched the last 30 minutes or so of Final Fantasy 8 on a YT Let's Play (while high nonetheless, which actually helped me get some insights about the game I didn't figure out before) I just bowled continuously in utter joy... until YouTube froze up, of course. :roll:

I totally understand, nostagic things often make people cry. if it's something you loved enough. althouh i don't understand why one would call Tekken just a "Trivial" game.
I'm a huge fan of fighting games, even more so if it has a good story. anyway, I haven't played alot of RPG's, but I plan to try some soon, and I've seen how they tend to have quite emotional storylines. So, I guess it's kinda like how I cry everytime I see the scene or talk about the scene in Transformers G1 were Optimus Prime died. it was a very sad scene to watch.

I don't see anything wrong with crying or becomeing nostalgic over something. I know i've done that before, and probally will agian...

TheBraveSirRobin
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

01 May 2013, 1:12 am

I don't cry out of nostalgia, I cry out of the sheer emotional gravitas of what I'm hearing or watching. I love my favorite Bastion music and scenes as much as my favorite music and scenes from my childhood obsession, the Halo series.