New Xbox is called Xbox One, airing live right now.

Page 6 of 10 [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

staremaster
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2013, 7:28 pm

Bataar wrote:
staremaster wrote:
^ Someone who buys a game console should not have to hack the god damned thing so that they can play games they purchase.

And they won't have to.

Right, assuming that they pay MS every month and never block the kinect2 camera, eh?

Feralucce
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2013, 7:48 pm

You won't have to have live gold to play... just to play online

staremaster
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2013, 8:06 pm

^How about the camera/microphone?

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2013, 8:26 pm

staremaster wrote:

I'm confident that someone will make a sleeve or something that will effectively block the video and audio pickups.

Still, with some of the nonsense they are going to do, you'd think they'd make online gaming free.

Feralucce
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2013, 8:57 pm

I already am designing a noise cancelling system to counter all feeds to the mic.

DeaconBlues
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2013, 2:01 am

zer0netgain wrote:
staremaster wrote:

I'm confident that someone will make a sleeve or something that will effectively block the video and audio pickups.

The handyman's secret weapon - duct tape.

staremaster
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2013, 3:31 am

How about the consumer's secret weapon; Refusal to Purchase :P

Schneekugel
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2013, 4:02 am

This has already some effect. Because of the terrible results after their console presentation, even the Microsoft funds decreased, while the Sony funds raised.

It seems that Microsoft now got a bit scared, they already have official told that they are working on the topic: "Need to have the Kinect camera activated.", so you shall be able to play without the Kinect camera active.

They also already talked about creating a game markplace themselves, so that player can sell their games via the X-Box marketplace and have announced of thinking to allow players to play borrowed games, when paying a small fee to Microsoft.

For me this would be ok, so most games I play at the console are Multiplayergames that I play because of friends of mine, that only are able to play on console. So when they are up to a new game, I normally like to check the game a weekend, so that I know if I like it, before I buy it myself. Without a chance to play a game myself before, I never would pay the 60 EUR a new game costs, too many of them are simply crap.

sixstring
Toucan
Toucan

27 May 2013, 6:22 am

The thing is that you're most likely forced to pay nearly full price for a second hand game... So what's the point of buying it used if you can just buy it new?

27 May 2013, 10:01 am

Schneekugel wrote:
This has already some effect. Because of the terrible results after their console presentation, even the Microsoft funds decreased, while the Sony funds raised.

It seems that Microsoft now got a bit scared, they already have official told that they are working on the topic: "Need to have the Kinect camera activated.", so you shall be able to play without the Kinect camera active.

They also already talked about creating a game markplace themselves, so that player can sell their games via the X-Box marketplace and have announced of thinking to allow players to play borrowed games, when paying a small fee to Microsoft.

For me this would be ok, so most games I play at the console are Multiplayergames that I play because of friends of mine, that only are able to play on console. So when they are up to a new game, I normally like to check the game a weekend, so that I know if I like it, before I buy it myself. Without a chance to play a game myself before, I never would pay the 60 EUR a new game costs, too many of them are simply crap.

A gamer chick, do you have a photo?

Feralucce
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2013, 12:23 pm

Kazuki wrote:
Schneekugel wrote:

please don't do that... there is a thread for people who wish to post photos (post a pic of the real you)

Mike1
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2013, 12:42 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjKB7eMgDvw[/youtube]

staremaster
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2013, 2:20 pm

^ I lold

Andras
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2013, 3:36 pm

Hahaha, that video is so true! :lol: Nice one Mike!

Tollorin
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2013, 6:20 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUE-cTsaK6g[/youtube]

Schneekugel
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2013, 7:33 am

Kazuki wrote:

I would never post a photo of me on the public internet, when I dont want it connected to my real life. Nowadays even normal internet user easily can use programms that are able to recognize your face on a photo and search as example google-pictures for your face. So everyone that knows me in real life and who has easy access to photos of me, can simply scan his photo of me with these face recognizing programs and then let that program search on the internet for pictures with my face. And easily know that I post on Wrongplanet under the accountname Schneekugel and read all of my posts. So if a real professional hacker tries to get my informations, I cant do much about it, because standard firewalls and adware blocker dont help much against those. But at least I dont need to give this private informations on me to everyone that is simply able to download a face recognizing program. ^^ (If you are interested in the abilities of these programs, that every standard PC user can easily handle: http://www.abine.com/blog/2011/the-top- ... tion-faqs/ )

Quote:
The thing is that you're most likely forced to pay nearly full price for a second hand game... So what's the point of buying it used if you can just buy it new?
New games cost here around 65 EUR if they are fresh released, and normally decrease to around 50 EUR after some months. Official bought used games normally cost less than 50% of that here so new released games are around 25-30 EUR, and about 15 EUR for older games. If I pay that money to Gamestop or at a official Microsoft marketplace, wouldnt personally bother me. So here buying used games is definitly cheaper, specially when you dont need new released games and additional give them your old games to turn in.