New Xbox is called Xbox One, airing live right now.

Page 7 of 10 [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2013, 9:17 am

Tollorin wrote:
Is there any hope for mankind? :(

No different than a release of a new iPhone. Lots of people need the latest thing...even if it blows chunks.

Can't complain. I got my iPhone 4 cheap when the seller got his new iPhone 5. :lol:

Feralucce
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2013, 8:16 pm

speeding_bullet
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Jun 2013, 1:03 am

I'm probably wrong here, but I have a really bad feeling that at E3 they are going to suddenly unveil a whole bunch of stuff that people actually want in an attempt to make everyone forget about all the things that are horribly wrong with this console, such as TV! SPORTS!, DRM stuff, the fact that kinect is always on and could be used to spy on you and make you pay to have more than 3 people watch a movie with you, no backwards compatibility, and any other horror I haven't mentioned.

But hey, if they don't that's great! More bullets to their feet! Either way, I'm rooting for the Steambox with what little hope Valve and their most likely better intentions have with getting into the game market and increasing the influence of Linux.

sixstring
Toucan
Toucan

01 Jun 2013, 9:58 am

Schneekugel wrote:
Kazuki wrote:

A gamer chick, do you have a photo?

I would never post a photo of me on the public internet, when I dont want it connected to my real life. Nowadays even normal internet user easily can use programms that are able to recognize your face on a photo and search as example google-pictures for your face. So everyone that knows me in real life and who has easy access to photos of me, can simply scan his photo of me with these face recognizing programs and then let that program search on the internet for pictures with my face. And easily know that I post on Wrongplanet under the accountname Schneekugel and read all of my posts. So if a real professional hacker tries to get my informations, I cant do much about it, because standard firewalls and adware blocker dont help much against those. But at least I dont need to give this private informations on me to everyone that is simply able to download a face recognizing program. ^^ (If you are interested in the abilities of these programs, that every standard PC user can easily handle: http://www.abine.com/blog/2011/the-top- ... tion-faqs/ )

Quote:
The thing is that you're most likely forced to pay nearly full price for a second hand game... So what's the point of buying it used if you can just buy it new?
New games cost here around 65 EUR if they are fresh released, and normally decrease to around 50 EUR after some months. Official bought used games normally cost less than 50% of that here so new released games are around 25-30 EUR, and about 15 EUR for older games. If I pay that money to Gamestop or at a official Microsoft marketplace, wouldnt personally bother me. So here buying used games is definitly cheaper, specially when you dont need new released games and additional give them your old games to turn in.
Don't know if you have Media Markt or Saturn in your country. In my country they're cheaper than game-focused shops. A lot of them even 15 EUR!
Most games range from 49,90 to 54,90 max, where the other stores go from 54,99 up to 69,98. Only drawback is that you have to wait a day or 2 more for big releases.

Keniichi
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2013, 3:20 pm

If anyone here does get the Xbox One, get a fricking warranty! Good gosh, I doubt anyone wants to deal with the red ring of death! I'm thankful I got my xbox 360 in 2011(got a ps3 in 2010)

WorldsEdge
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Jun 2013, 9:15 pm

Keniichi wrote:
If anyone here does get the Xbox One, get a fricking warranty! Good gosh, I doubt anyone wants to deal with the red ring of death! I'm thankful I got my xbox 360 in 2011(got a ps3 in 2010)

I wonder how a consumer would sort out getting back the installed to the HD purchases on a warrantied Xbox One that bricked? Somehow tying it to your XBLA account? I'm sure it will be do-able, but it also sounds like it has the potential to be a huge aggravation.

"The man who has fed the chicken every day throughout its life at last wrings its neck instead, showing that more refined views as to the uniformity of nature would have been useful to the chicken." ? Bertrand Russell

Bezeone
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Jun 2013, 11:38 pm

Rumor with Xbox One having problems with tech. (There's credibility, due to the fact that Crazy Buttocks on a Train had information on the Xbox 360 before release.)
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=576869

Microsoft canceled their post E3 roundtable discussion.
http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Microsoft-Cancels-Post-E3-Media-Roundtable-Discussions-56397.html

And Microsoft most likely bribing Spike TV to opt out Sony's E3 Press Conference.
http://wiiudaily.com/2013/06/spike-e3-show-nintendo-microsoft/

How does Microsoft get worst and worst?They already blasted a foot off. What else can they do?

(As for the earlier claim with CBoaT,http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=974516#post974516)

AspergerGamer64
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

06 Jun 2013, 6:01 pm

{sorry if this repost}

Xbox One Requires Internet Connection Every 24 hours to Play Games

Microsoft just dropped a whole bunch of information concerning issues surrounded the Xbox One. Within that information comes confirmation that the Xbox One will require an internet connection in order to play games via an online check every 24 hours.
"With Xbox One you can game offline for up to 24 hours on your primary console, or one hour if you are logged on to a separate console accessing your library. Offline gaming is not possible after these prescribed times until you re-establish a connection, but you can still watch live TV and enjoy Blu-ray and DVD movies."

So if you do not connect to the internet past that 24 hour mark, you Xbox One games will not be playable, regardless if it's a single player game or not.

Kuribo
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Jun 2013, 6:55 pm

Feralucce wrote:

This pretty much sums up the Xbox One. The system doesn't appeal to me at all. There appears to be a lack of focus on the actual games, and Microsoft seem to want far too much control over their customers' experiences with the console.

I currently own a Wii U, and although Nintendo have done a terrible job of marketing the console, I love it. It's game-centric, innovative, user-friendly, and fun. Everything a console should be.

TheWadeSmellbringer
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Jun 2013, 7:44 pm

AspergerGamer64 wrote:
{sorry if this repost}

Microsoft just dropped a whole bunch of information concerning issues surrounded the Xbox One. Within that information comes confirmation that the Xbox One will require an internet connection in order to play games via an online check every 24 hours.
"With Xbox One you can game offline for up to 24 hours on your primary console, or one hour if you are logged on to a separate console accessing your library. Offline gaming is not possible after these prescribed times until you re-establish a connection, but you can still watch live TV and enjoy Blu-ray and DVD movies."

So if you do not connect to the internet past that 24 hour mark, you Xbox One games will not be playable, regardless if it's a single player game or not.

My brain actually failed on me for a few seconds when I read that.

My Youtube Channel

My V-Log Channel

[url=thewadesmellbringer.tumblr.com]My Tumblr Blog[/url]

Bataar
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2013, 9:31 pm

TheWadeSmellbringer wrote:
AspergerGamer64 wrote:
{sorry if this repost}

My brain actually failed on me for a few seconds when I read that.

Good thing I can't remember a single time in the 10+ years I've had broadband internet that it's never been down for 24 hours.

staremaster
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2013, 10:30 pm

So if Microsoft is doing server maintenance I can't play offline? Sounds like a good deal to me lol where do I sign up

Bataar
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2013, 10:47 pm

staremaster wrote:
So if Microsoft is doing server maintenance I can't play offline? Sounds like a good deal to me lol where do I sign up

Right, because with an service this important, Microsoft isn't going to have any redundancy . . . . . :roll:

Tollorin
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2013, 10:52 pm

One day they will shut down their services, and then no XBox One will be able to play games anymore. Contrary to say, my snes or my PS2, that are still working.

AspergerGamer64
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

07 Jun 2013, 3:47 am

{sorry if repost}

How Games Licensing Works on Xbox One

http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/license