★『The Pokemon Nicknames Thread!』☆

Page 8 of 12 [ 185 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2017, 4:25 pm

[I'll pm you some helpful stuff that will hopefully make things clearer for you, okay? :) ]

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2017, 7:17 pm

^(Could you PM me about that, too? :oops: )

dcj123
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2017, 7:53 pm

So I had a charizard last time I played named DoomDragon 8)

Yeah it was pretty horrible actually but that is the only name I am willing to share lulz :twisted:

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2017, 3:28 pm

^I named mine Ryukaze! 8)

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Midnightstar16
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2017, 4:43 pm

I actually have an Oranguru named Harambe. :| That's probably the the most cliché name for Oranguru there is. :oops:

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2017, 4:44 pm

^How is it cliche?

Midnightstar16
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2017, 4:56 pm

Last summer there was a gorrila named Harambe who died in a zoo because some kid's parents were lazy and weren't paying attention to their kid, and the kid got in and Harambe thought he was food, and he started to chase the kid and one of the zoo workers had to kill him to save the kid's life.

And the internet was ticked at the parents for letting their kid go and the zoo worker for killing him. And everyone wanted Harambe to become a pokemon, everyone was drawing up design ideas, and then Oranguru was announced, and everyone got their wish. Everyone since has probably named their Oranguru after Harambe.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2017, 4:58 pm

^Oh. I didn't know about that at all. Then again, I live under a rock when it comes to the news [I am highly sensitive to negative stuff, after all].

Midnightstar16
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2017, 5:01 pm

...Wow. My dad gets on to me if I don't watch the news. :? 8O

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2017, 5:04 pm

^Hearing about violent or dramatic or negative things, even on the news, can cause many people's minds to feel as though the traumatic events actually happened to them, since there's a part of the mind that can't distinguish between trauma happening to you and trauma happening to someone else--another reason why I don't watch violent or dramatic movies. It is important for overly sensitive people to distance themselves from things like that.

Midnightstar16
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2017, 5:07 pm

My dad says that I'll have to get used to how dark this world is, so he makes me watch it to desensitize me to it. (He also makes me watch stuff about politics. :eew:)

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2017, 5:49 pm

Desensitizing never works. In fact, it often has the opposite effect, making people feel pain and forcing their sensitivity to a terrible degree.

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2017, 7:21 pm

I agree. Watching something about politics becoming 'corrupted', and watching media involving negativity and unnecessary norms and conforms even made ME feel manipulated and depressed. That's why I'm into things that make me feel happy and comfortable as much as possible, before I end up exposed to those sorts of things.

Yeah, it seems like nowadays the only news going on are 'bad news'.

And I tend to live under a rock since I don't watch the news much, either.

How about a song to ease things up?

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2017, 7:30 pm

Are desensitized people really negative and INsensitive, though? :? :(

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2017, 7:34 pm

^Some of them are, some of them aren't.

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2017, 4:26 pm

What would be a good nickname for a female Crobat?
So far I've thought of these names, but which one do you think is the best? :scratch:

Lil
Reficul
Dialo
Grief
Zephyr (Zeph? :lol:)

(I know they sound weird, the first four I got from characters from a game I like. :oops:)