★『The Pokemon Nicknames Thread!』☆

Page 9 of 12 [ 185 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2017, 5:09 pm

They aren't weird at all. Zephyr is the name of the Greek god of the gentle West Wind. :D

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2017, 10:27 am

^
Wha? Really? I didn't know that. :o

I like Zephyr. It's a gentle-sounding name. Thank you for your input, I think I will go with that one.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2017, 2:08 pm

There's a Digimon called Shutumon in Japanese but Zephyrmon in the English dub, and she [yes, she] looks like this:

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

SonicMisaki
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2017, 1:45 pm

Hey, if I had a male Incineroar, I would most likely name him Felix.

As for Infernape, I would name it Expander (because of those EXPAND DONG memes) or Donkey (as in the Kong). I would be that guy who names all his female Infernape Shantae because she can cast fire as a half-genie and turn into a monkey.

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2017, 1:47 pm

I would nickname my Infernape "Mojo Jojo". :lol:

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2017, 2:24 pm

My cousin nicknamed his Palkia after himself, so whenever we would battle I would get the message 'Kevin sent out Kevin!' :lol:

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2017, 3:57 pm

^So you have a cousin named 'Kevin'?

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2017, 9:02 pm

^Um...yes. Isn't that obvious?

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2017, 8:59 pm

^More like a little odd, actually. To have their names put into their character and then to their Pokémon. :|

Last edited by UncannyDanny on 28 Feb 2017, 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2017, 9:00 pm

^I'm the weirder one. :lol: He grew up while I didn't.

Or is it odd that his name is Kevin? :scratch:

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2017, 9:10 pm

^No, no, no! 'Kevin' is NOT a weird name! It's just that I find it a bit funny to name themselves and their Pokémon exactly the same name is all! I'm not trying to being offensive, or anything! :oops:

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2017, 9:13 pm

^I get it now. I found the implications funny, that's all. :lol: You know, you reacted rather like I do sometimes. Interesting.

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2017, 9:17 pm

Yeah, we're like so alike by around 90%, Miss Kuraudo.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2017, 9:21 pm

It would be funny if I called you Daniel-san, especially since I'm actually a blue belt in Karate and I think a green belt in Kobudo [weapons]. My favourite is the bo or naginata. 8)

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2017, 9:27 pm

You're referring to the The Karate Kid, right?

My favorite weapons are the bo and the katana. I'm training martial arts, myself.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2017, 9:30 pm

^Yes, I am!

It's nice that suriken, katanas, naginatas, and other Japanese weapons are usable in Fire Emblem Birthright and Revelation, instead of the usual swords, lances, and axes.

I eventually quit because I kept hurting myself [I injured my tailbone several years ago], and because I didn't care about getting new belts or participating in tournaments.