So I downloaded Star Trek game off of steam.

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2017, 3:35 am

It seems like it could be kind of fun...but I got extremely frusterated with it the first time I tried because the controls for when you're in a mode of controlling a starship it was really hard for me to navigate and figure out how to aim any of my weapons at any attacking enemies and moving around. but maybe I can change the controls if they are adjustable or perhaps it just takes some getting used to. But yeah I wanted to play it but I literally was terrible at it.

I mostly play league of legend but from time to time try and find other games for when I don't feel like playing that one but still want to play something else. But yeah I didn't like the initial controls for league of legends either so I did change those, basically q,w,e and r where the main keys to use for abilities of champions but I find it more comfortable to use a,s,d,f instead and you just click the mouse to move so that was fine as is.

izzeme
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2017, 4:44 am

pretty much every game has a control mapping option, which will allow you to use whatever button you want for every option.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2017, 4:52 am

Yeah I am just not not sure what I would set it to...lol not used to games with spaceships that you have to navigate to avoid getting destroyed and such. Maybe I could try to set the controls simular to an old game that came on a windows xp I think or something with a ship that you had to blast rocks with or they'd blow you up...as I recall I could navigate that ok, so maybe just a bit of practice and control adjustment would help.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2017, 8:09 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
Don't go on, put it back
You're reading from the Bible Black!

Nice sig ;) I need to update mine.

...sorry I'm not more helpful, though. Star Raiders is about the closest I've come to playing a Star Trek game. Or maybe Artemis: Spaceship Bridge Simulator.