Anyone here have that cute NES classic console?

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

NewTime
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2017, 5:03 pm

The one that has built in games.

The Musings Of The Lost
Toucan
Toucan

12 Dec 2017, 1:12 am

Na. I tried to get it when it initially became available but the site kept crashing.
I bought an actual NES instead.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2017, 1:37 am

IMO most NES games have not aged very well and modern audiences (children in particular) may not appreciate them for what they are, especially when there are many other games to choose from now that didn't exist in 1985.

the SNES has aged much better and i feel it is more appealing even today, in that regard.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

The Musings Of The Lost
Toucan
Toucan

12 Dec 2017, 2:20 am

Kiprobalhato wrote:
IMO most NES games have not aged very well and modern audiences (children in particular) may not appreciate them for what they are, especially when there are many other games to choose from now that didn't exist in 1985.

the SNES has aged much better and i feel it is more appealing even today, in that regard.

Yeah, but I am weird. Also, some games have aged very well. Mario games are as fun as ever IMO for example.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2017, 3:12 am

No but I have the cute SNES Classic console.

GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2017, 7:48 am

I have a "highly legal" version that plays both NES and SNES games. I have to agree that the SNES have aged much better and about 80-90% of my time is on that system. The early NES games in particular are basically 'one room high score' games and not nearly as enjoyable as the later titles. By the time the developers fully used the NES' potential, the Genesis was already out and the SNES was on the way. Having said that, some series like Megaman are more fun on the NES than on the SNES.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2017, 8:43 am

Nah; I have a real NES (both models), a ton of games, an Everdrive, and a CRT television B)

Probably my favorite console...I don't think I'd say that it hasn't aged well, since in my opinion quite a few games were stinkers even back when they were brand new. But the console has such a huge library (over 1000 titles), I feel like that kind of outweighs the bad, especially when you look at how many classics it spawned.

And yeah, lots of games were arcade ports, or short games (with no save or password) where they intended you to finish it in one sitting, but there were a lot of really great (and some not-so-great) RPGs too.

There were even a few games, like Batman: Return of the Joker, where the NES version was pretty good, and the SNES/Genesis game was just absolute trash.

The Musings Of The Lost
Toucan
Toucan

15 Dec 2017, 9:54 am

SabbraCadabra wrote:
Nah; I have a real NES (both models), a ton of games, an Everdrive, and a CRT television B)

Probably my favorite console...I don't think I'd say that it hasn't aged well, since in my opinion quite a few games were stinkers even back when they were brand new. But the console has such a huge library (over 1000 titles), I feel like that kind of outweighs the bad, especially when you look at how many classics it spawned.

And yeah, lots of games were arcade ports, or short games (with no save or password) where they intended you to finish it in one sitting, but there were a lot of really great (and some not-so-great) RPGs too.

There were even a few games, like Batman: Return of the Joker, where the NES version was pretty good, and the SNES/Genesis game was just absolute trash.

Do you have a famicom as well?

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2017, 8:16 pm

No, it was sold out before I could get it. I really wanted it too....

I wasn't as interested in the SNES version, but I regret not getting NES....

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2017, 12:05 am

The Musings Of The Lost wrote:

Nah. I've thought about it before, but I think if I was ever going to find one at a decent price, it would've been a few years ago...nowadays everything is ridiculously inflated. I wanted to get an A/V Famicom a while back, but selection was pretty slim at the time, and I ended up getting an NES2 instead and video modding it.

The Everdrive can play Famicom and FDS games, though the audio isn't perfect. There are two other devices that will "perfectly" emulate FDS games, but it requires having the actual FDS itself, which I do not. Maybe some day.

The Musings Of The Lost
Toucan
Toucan

17 Dec 2017, 12:08 am

SabbraCadabra wrote:
The Musings Of The Lost wrote:

Nah. I've thought about it before, but I think if I was ever going to find one at a decent price, it would've been a few years ago...nowadays everything is ridiculously inflated. I wanted to get an A/V Famicom a while back, but selection was pretty slim at the time, and I ended up getting an NES2 instead and video modding it.

The Everdrive can play Famicom and FDS games, though the audio isn't perfect. There are two other devices that will "perfectly" emulate FDS games, but it requires having the actual FDS itself, which I do not. Maybe some day.

Inflation is a pain isn't it? Right now I am having trouble finding a US SNES that I can import of under 200 dollars