Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2019, 8:52 pm

I am a massive resident evil fan but did anyone else find the resident evil 2 remake frustratingly hard too complete?

sleepyestes
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Jan 2019, 9:51 pm

Jamesy wrote:
I am a massive resident evil fan but did anyone else find the resident evil 2 remake frustratingly hard too complete?

I found it too easy on normal difficulty. Hardcore is ridiculous though, especially the sewer boss. There needs to be an inbetween difficulty

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2019, 10:07 pm

sleepyestes wrote:
Jamesy wrote:

I found it too easy on normal difficulty. Hardcore is ridiculous though, especially the sewer boss. There needs to be an inbetween difficulty

The RE2 remake is nowhere near as enjoyable as resident evil 4 is it? Heck I think i might even prefer RE7 too RE2.

I know I am probably in the minority though.

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2019, 4:51 am

I liked RE4, but 5 was a weaker version of it, and 6 was just a plain bad version of it. I'm undecided on whether I'll pick up RE2; I don't want to play another game that just reminds me of the time I played a better version of it.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2019, 4:16 am

I am in the camp of being pretty fine with most of Resident Evil 5 and 6, while finding 7 a bit too scary to complete. I am sure that pretty much makes me the devil among the fandom as someone who has no tastes and part of a problem that just ruins things. I am having to take my time with it, been doing mostly fine, although I am afraid that I will mess things up at any time by blowing resources I need to be conservative with. My nerves shot up a bunch when rooms in front of me were marked with Kennel and morgue, being an expansion of things that would raise my anxiety up way too much, and had to give myself a peak at what was ahead. So I did some things to give myself an easier time later, but I still think I used up way too much ammo where I might have even used up a dozen or so bullets against a single zombie that seemed to sway at the worst moments to avoid shots, take a ridiculous amount of hits, and still get some hits on me.

It is annoying that I can do everything right, and then a zombie that I killed earlier suddenly decides to attack me straight out of a doorway that I cannot avoid, taking up rare healing and other items that I did well to keep. Practically unavoidable or things or things I could not see coming and small mistakes that raise anxiety on top of everything else that raises anxiety, that I just ruined things. How was I even supposed to know the knife was not really an attack weapon that did almost nothing to cause damage, and I wasted most of it in the very next encounter?

I honestly don't know how I am going to handle it when I have to be deadly aware of footsteps that may require that could come at any time to halt progress. I was already having to be pretty particular in going over the map so I could have the right mix of mind into navigation without having a heart attack by the surprises that I would not be too terrified of to react to. The first time with a Licker had me waste precious ammo, before running and taking damage, with then having through there again making me get ganked by being ambushed by it because I could not waste what precious saved healing items right there. Maybe ruined where I had to replay that part again with the assumption an investment of shotgun ammo should handle it.

Resources sure feel limited compared to the likes of Dead Space, which sure could be scary, but I could usually be fairly confident that a single encounter could not waste everything. Not saying that I am hating the RE2 Remake, despite everything said. Just that I handle it better when I feel like I have options to not feel cornered.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2019, 9:46 am

Bradleigh wrote:
I am in the camp of being pretty fine with most of Resident Evil 5 and 6, while finding 7 a bit too scary to complete. I am sure that pretty much makes me the devil among the fandom as someone who has no tastes and part of a problem that just ruins things. I am having to take my time with it, been doing mostly fine, although I am afraid that I will mess things up at any time by blowing resources I need to be conservative with. My nerves shot up a bunch when rooms in front of me were marked with Kennel and morgue, being an expansion of things that would raise my anxiety up way too much, and had to give myself a peak at what was ahead. So I did some things to give myself an easier time later, but I still think I used up way too much ammo where I might have even used up a dozen or so bullets against a single zombie that seemed to sway at the worst moments to avoid shots, take a ridiculous amount of hits, and still get some hits on me.

It is annoying that I can do everything right, and then a zombie that I killed earlier suddenly decides to attack me straight out of a doorway that I cannot avoid, taking up rare healing and other items that I did well to keep. Practically unavoidable or things or things I could not see coming and small mistakes that raise anxiety on top of everything else that raises anxiety, that I just ruined things. How was I even supposed to know the knife was not really an attack weapon that did almost nothing to cause damage, and I wasted most of it in the very next encounter?

I honestly don't know how I am going to handle it when I have to be deadly aware of footsteps that may require that could come at any time to halt progress. I was already having to be pretty particular in going over the map so I could have the right mix of mind into navigation without having a heart attack by the surprises that I would not be too terrified of to react to. The first time with a Licker had me waste precious ammo, before running and taking damage, with then having through there again making me get ganked by being ambushed by it because I could not waste what precious saved healing items right there. Maybe ruined where I had to replay that part again with the assumption an investment of shotgun ammo should handle it.

Resources sure feel limited compared to the likes of Dead Space, which sure could be scary, but I could usually be fairly confident that a single encounter could not waste everything. Not saying that I am hating the RE2 Remake, despite everything said. Just that I handle it better when I feel like I have options to not feel cornered.

Deep down I love many aspects of RE2 such as the storyline and amazing environments but unfourtantley its spoilt cause of it’s difficulty level.

Even more of a bummer you have too get an S rank on normal difficulty mode too unlock
the samuri edge.

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2019, 3:01 pm

I will say that it is very easy to die in Hardcore difficulty, and the lickers are merciless in everything except Assisted mode. However the game itself is not hard to complete if you ask me. You aren't punished for saving, continuing or healing/method healing all that much. You can still get an S rank with bonus weapons from what I've seen.

Completing the game with merit is definitely a lot harder than some of the last few entries and for the right reasons. I kinda welcome that.

RE: Sewer bosses - I found with the exception of 1 the majority can be dodged, or stunned in order to pass to where you need to go.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2019, 10:16 pm

TheSpectrum wrote:
I will say that it is very easy to die in Hardcore difficulty, and the lickers are merciless in everything except Assisted mode. However the game itself is not hard to complete if you ask me. You aren't punished for saving, continuing or healing/method healing all that much. You can still get an S rank with bonus weapons from what I've seen.

Completing the game with merit is definitely a lot harder than some of the last few entries and for the right reasons. I kinda welcome that.

RE: Sewer bosses - I found with the exception of 1 the majority can be dodged, or stunned in order to pass to where you need to go.

Do you realise how hard it is too get an S rank?

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2019, 7:55 am

I got A on my first playthrough with a time of 4hr47m then S+ with a time of 1hr52m on my second playthrough of the same scenario which was Leon A. Ive only just made a start on Claire B now I'm happy with my time ⌚

So, in short, yes I do realise how hard it is. Lol

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2019, 8:07 pm

TheSpectrum wrote:
I got A on my first playthrough with a time of 4hr47m then S+ with a time of 1hr52m on my second playthrough of the same scenario which was Leon A. Ive only just made a start on Claire B now I'm happy with my time ⌚

So, in short, yes I do realise how hard it is. Lol

Never in a million years could I get an S rank even on assisted mode but maybe that because I have got a learning difficulty?

Social_Fantom
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2019, 12:23 am

I got a B rank on my first playthrough, Leon A, Standard, just under 8 hours, B rank. And on my second playthrough, S rank, Claire A, Standard, just a few minutes short of 3 and a half hours, S rank and I unlocked the Samurai Edge with unlimited ammo. I would love to try and get an S rank on Hardcore but I'm not sure that I will ever be able to, I'm just trying for all of the trophies at this point, got 88% of them.

One thing that will help with getting an S rank is to memorize the puzzle solutions and remember what is important and what's not. I save a lot of time by not fooling with the Lightning Hawk/Sub machine gun. The only real problems I have faced by doing that is those damn G-monsters in the sewers, but at least as Claire, you can one-shot those things with the spark shot.