Page 1 of 5 [ 65 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

psychotic
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

05 Sep 2007, 2:05 pm

does anyone play GH other than me? it's definitely one of the most fun video games I've ever played. it will probably get old eventually because its the same thing over and over and over again, but damn it certainly isn't yet!

Deefor4
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Sep 2007, 2:15 pm

Yes, I love the game!! I'm stuck on "Message In A Bottle" on medium at the moment (me being me, I have to work through all the songs, one at a time, in order, and I don't like to move on until I've got a 5, and Jessica was a killer, even on easy... :wink: ). I don't normally like video games, but Guitar Hero is brilliant - I'm so glad we bought it for the children...!

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2007, 6:29 pm

My friends are obsessed with it. I've played, gotten decent at least, but I still just average in the high 80's on the hard level stuff. We've also got the 80's rock version which is kinda interesting.

UncleBeer
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2007, 8:21 am

I prefer Sousaphone Hero

:lol:

steelback
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Sep 2007, 5:11 pm

I love GH. When the local Future Shop/Best Buy has it running, I'll sometimes play it, but I'm looking forward to the WII version.

deep-techno
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2007, 4:49 pm

I had a go on the Xbox 360 version of GHIII. The controller feels very nice and looks sleek. I'll be getting the Wii version.

Mc_Jeff
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

24 Nov 2007, 12:47 am

I have and love the PS2 version. I'm currently working on 5 starring the 7th tier songs on Hard - Beast and the Harlot, Hangar 18, Institutionalized, and of course, Freebird. And Psychobilly Freakout, which is incredibly hard.

I'd rather play Carry On My Wayward Son, though. It's the funnest song in the game... hard in a good way rather than an annoying one.

I'm working my way through 2nd Tier on Expert, also. Some of the songs are so easy it's not even funny, althoguh the solo on Mother killed me.

gwenevyn
l'esprit de l'escalier
l'esprit de l'escalier

24 Nov 2007, 1:28 am

I just spent something like four hours today playing this game. I beat it on Medium, which might sound wimpy to all of you, but isn't so shabby for my second time playing, I think. :D

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2007, 5:11 am

Well, playing GHIII a bit after not playing Guitar Hero in a long time - my buddy a few weeks ago tried to get me to even play Dragonforce on Medium. I think its fun, even the hard and expert levels on GHII (Unless its Six, I can cook that on medium but on hard - forget it). The GHIII tunes seem a lot harder, like knowing the hammer-ons and pull offs are just expected. I can keep with the complexity to a degree but after a while when things get too wild its literally a matter of practicing a song, my eyes can't really keep with it right off the start just because you've got a million changes comming at you at once at about 130 or 140 BPM sometimes.

deep-techno
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2007, 8:46 am

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
The GHIII tunes seem a lot harder, like knowing the hammer-ons and pull offs are just expected.

What are 'hammer-ons' and 'pull-offs'? Also, does anyone know what the whammy bar is used for (apart from battle mode)?

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2007, 4:31 pm

deep-techno wrote:
Also, does anyone know what the whammy bar is used for (apart from battle mode)?

Yeah, your supposed to, while your holding longer notes in pretty much any mode, push it in and out with the palm of your hand - much like you would with a real electric guitar. It has a bonus-creating effect, not a huge amount but if you've got x4 or x8 it can definitely have a noticeable effect on your score.

deep-techno wrote:
What are 'hammer-ons' and 'pull-offs'

Play on some of the harder songs, maybe particularly on hard, and you'll see buttons that have a different format to them - they have the white tops I think but they also have no black ring around them and the tops appear maybe a bit smaller (yeah, its been a little while since I've played). When you get to those you really start the strum with the last black-ringed note and the rest of the notes that are close in with just a smaller white top you don't strum them out but rather you just use your left hand (if your a right handed player) to tap the frets out and follow the buttons. It adds whole other layer of complexity just because you usually get those when things are getting real hectic and getting them right the first time if you've never played the song - unless you just play the game that much - can be a little challenging to say the least.

deep-techno
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2007, 4:36 pm

Actually, I've never owned a Guitar Hero game. I was so excited about this because it's a great rhythm game with an innovative controller. It's the best thing since Amplitude.

Too bad I can't play it until Christmas. :cry:

Henry874
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 Nov 2007, 5:01 pm

I've played GH2 and GH3 at a friend's house. I want GH3 as a Hanukkah gift.

Pugly
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2007, 8:56 pm

I'm a fan, picked up the original the day it came out. I beat all but the last 2 songs on expert in I, all but the last 2 tiers on expert in II... not sure how far I'll get in III.

Getting a tad overplayed for me though now with GHIII. GHIII has a good selection of songs, but It plays a bit differently than the original. (it's made by a different developer...) The window of opportunity for hitting a note right is wider, it throws off my rhythm. You can play a bit more sloppy...

I want to pick up Rock Band, playing drums looks so much fun. The drums are supposed to be very close to the real instrument.

But'll wait until it's not in a bundle. I don't need more Guitar Controllers...

Multiplayer is tons of fun,

Wanting more than what I have might appear as greed.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2007, 2:25 am

deep-techno wrote:
Actually, I've never owned a Guitar Hero game. I was so excited about this because it's a great rhythm game with an innovative controller. It's the best thing since Amplitude.

Too bad I can't play it until Christmas. :cry:

See, I know a lot of these concepts becuause I used to play guitar - GH is really just the Simon Says version of the real thing.

Ioini
Raven
Raven

08 Dec 2007, 11:21 pm

I have GH3 for 360. Man it's great, I just beat it on medium! If anyone wants to jam with me on co-op on XBL just add me! MeatSim23.

I'm not that good on hard yet but I'm planning on 5-staring every song on medium before I go on to hard.