Page 2 of 8 [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2008, 11:39 am

I am no good at retro games, now and when that was all I had, but in those days I was happy with dieing on the first level of Space invaders, not get past the volcano in Battle Toads and getting bugger all in super Mario Bros. I remember when I first got Pokemon yellow I had trouble as the game was a bit too complex for me to move up to.

Keith
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2008, 1:43 pm

roygerdodger wrote:
Like the NES, Sega Genesis, etc.

That's like calling the Xbox and Playstation 2 retro. :lol:

Real retro is stuff of the 70's and 80's Commodore 64 anyone? Anyone remember Barcode Battler? I could never understand that game...

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2008, 1:53 pm

Keith wrote:
roygerdodger wrote:
Like the NES, Sega Genesis, etc.

That's like calling the Xbox and Playstation 2 retro. :lol:

Real retro is stuff of the 70's and 80's Commodore 64 anyone? Anyone remember Barcode Battler? I could never understand that game...

Does Tetris count? That was in the late 80s...

Relicanth7
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2008, 2:08 pm

Donkey kong, and super mario brothers FTW!! ! :D

Prosser
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2008, 2:55 pm

Relicanth7 wrote:
Donkey kong, and super mario brothers FTW!! ! :D

Forgive me, but I'd choose Pac-Man over Donkey Kong anyday.

Usagi1992
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2008, 10:47 pm

Well, I do play a lot of emulations for old school NES. Wish I still had my real one, but it was my decision to finally scrap it during a room cleaning 2 years ago. :(

Jellybean
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2008, 4:14 am

I grew up with 'retro' games (yeah, I know the NES and SNES might not be considered retro to some but in the eyes of the fanatics they are!) especially Super Mario world and Unirally- a game which I have yet to acquire. I can't afford a Wii so that kind of sucks...

musicman2059
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Dec 2008, 5:46 am

Big retro gamer here.

My parents had an Intellivision at the time I was born, followed by a 2600 and an NES. Unfortunately I missed out on a lot of the "middle" console eras (after the Genesis the only other consoles I've owned were a PS2, GameCube, and now a Wii) but I still knew people who had an SNES or N64 during that time, so I still played a lot.

I have quite a few NES classics on my Wii virtual console, and also recently picked up the re-release of Chrono Trigger on the DS.

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2008, 2:59 pm

Oh yeah, I almost forgot...

In the church I go to, where the youth meet there's a still functioning Super Mario Bros arcade machine... it's epic...

Lord_Doku
Butterfly
Butterfly

11 Dec 2008, 11:25 am

I just LOVE retro games. I love them so much that i keep wanting to buy an old console with lots of old games but my dad keeps me from doing that, for all the right causes.

You could say im in love with nostalgia :D

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2008, 10:38 am

ToadOfSteel wrote:

In the church I go to, where the youth meet there's a still functioning Super Mario Bros arcade machine... it's epic...

Isn't the arcade version a bit different from the NES cartridge? One difference I remember is the 6-7-8 Warpzone only goes to World 6 in the arcade version.

Ticker
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2008, 4:38 pm

Well I prefer the vintage 80's games over todays. I have PacMan, DigDug, Galaxa, Galaxian for my Nintendo DS. I really wish they would re-release Q-Bert, Pengo, Moon Buggy and Frogger for DS. Pengo was my most favorite game ever and no one else knows what it was!

I also wish they would re-release the orginal 70's handheld Mattel basketball game because my parents never would get me one and I would play it now. I still have my original handheld Space Invaders game. Or I should say its still at my parents house.

Mike61290
Raven
Raven

12 Dec 2008, 8:14 pm

lol pong, all time favorite :P , hmmmm i think it was called pitfall or something like that?

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2008, 12:52 am

Venger wrote:
ToadOfSteel wrote:

Isn't the arcade version a bit different from the NES cartridge? One difference I remember is the 6-7-8 Warpzone only goes to World 6 in the arcade version.

Actually only world 5, and it's not achieved through a pipe, but rather in a manner similar to the world 1 "run across the ceiling" approach...

musicman2059
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Dec 2008, 3:59 am

ToadOfSteel wrote:
Venger wrote:
ToadOfSteel wrote:

Actually only world 5, and it's not achieved through a pipe, but rather in a manner similar to the world 1 "run across the ceiling" approach...

Both the 6-7-8 and the 5 warpzone were in world 4-2. I'm guessing by this you mean that the 6-7-8 was added for the NES version of the game? (Or removed from the arcade game, depending on which came first.)

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2008, 9:35 am

That is what I meant.