Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Ticker
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2008, 12:14 am

Is there such thing as a joystick that plugs into the DS? I just cannot play games like Pac-Man with the little crossbar button thing.

Also anyone know of a DS travel case that I can put the console inside if I have a Nerf cover on it? It makes the console bulky but its easier for me to hold with my arthritic figures if its in the Nerf armor. I just need a case to put the whole thing in that also has a few pockets for cartridges and the cord. I know just get a backpack! But no I want a case that is made specifically for the DS. Its probably an OCD thing but it has to be made for it.

Thanks!

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2008, 1:17 pm

Don't think there's a joystick specifically like you mean, the only two external controllers I know of is a paddle controller for Arkanoid and Space Invaders Extreme, and the Guitar Grip controller for Guitar Hero. Personally, I found the d-pad on the Lite to be a little uncomfortable as well, and switched back to my old fat DS. I thought maybe the Nerf Armor would make the Lite a bit more comfortable to hold, but I realized I really just liked the old model better, and got my money back.

Dunno about a case that's official and would fit with the Nerf Armor, might fit into an old case if you can find one used or something...I usually just stick mine in my pocket/backpack, and I have a seperate case for all my games.

Ticker
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2008, 1:42 pm

I was just wondering if some made a joystick because I saw something on a GBA game that it could be controlled by joystick. Well and since you can play GBA games in the DS I just wondered...

I had the first Gameboy Color and again same terrible controls like why doesn't Nintendo invent a different controller that doesn't make the hand ache after 5 minutes of playing?

SamuraiSaxen
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2008, 1:42 am

Ticker wrote:
Is there such thing as a joystick that plugs into the DS? I just cannot play games like Pac-Man with the little crossbar button thing

I feel the same way . . . I bought an accessory pack for GBA SP some months ago, and it includes an "analog adapter" for the D-pad and A-B buttons. I'm trying to adapt that thing to my NDS :P but I can't.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2008, 3:30 pm

Ticker wrote:
...I saw something on a GBA game that it could be controlled by joystick.

You mean like this?

(which uses the GBA's link port, DS doesn't have one)

Ticker
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2008, 8:33 pm

Well that's still not a joystick. Joysticks are those things on teh full size arcade games in the 80's and on the Atari 2600, etc.

I thought I found another spot to plug something into my DS Lite other than the recharger plug. Surely there's something out there for it??!

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2008, 3:18 pm

Ah, okay, wasn't sure if you specifically meant joysticks or if you were just generalizing (though it would be the same procedure, just different hardware).

The paddle and Guitar Grip that I mentioned plug into the slot 2 (GBA game slot). It would probably be possible for game designers to come up with something that works wirelessly (though lag may or may not be an issue), I know there's homebrew to use your DS to control your computer, or as a remote control for Winamp.

Now that I think about it, there's also two or three motion controllers...a homebrew one, one for that magnet game (you slide it around or something), and one for a new Tony Hawk game.

Sorry none of this is very helpful =/