Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2013, 12:23 pm

All the better to kill more people, faster

sliqua-jcooter
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2013, 12:25 pm

Mag changes take a couple of seconds, at most - time which would be spent by target acquisition anyway. There's literally no difference in the amount of bodies that can be dropped.

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2013, 12:26 pm

sliqua-jcooter wrote:
Mag changes take a couple of seconds, at most - time which would be spent by target acquisition anyway. There's literally no difference in the amount of bodies that can be dropped.

Prove it

sliqua-jcooter
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2013, 12:28 pm

Sure thing - I'm due for a range day anyway.

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2013, 12:30 pm

That's not evidence, that's you unloading your gun in a controlled environment. To claim that a 30 round magazine would not drop any more bodies than say a 6 shot revolver is absurd

sliqua-jcooter
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2013, 12:33 pm

We are talking about magazine changes - not reloading a revolver. Two *completely different* things.

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2013, 12:38 pm

You don't need to load cartridges one at a time, a revolver can have a speed loader. But I'll bite. Using a semi auto handgun and emptying a 3 round magazine (like one of your suggestions) vs a 30 round magazine. Which one puts more lead into the air more quickly?

sliqua-jcooter
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2013, 12:44 pm

Fine by me - I'll even buy a 30 round mag for my XD to do it.

FYI - I don't know of any 3 round mags for pistols - but I can load a bunch of mags with 3 rounds each.

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2013, 12:45 pm

sliqua-jcooter wrote:
Fine by me - I'll even buy a 30 round mag for my XD to do it.

FYI - I don't know of any 3 round mags for pistols - but I can load a bunch of mags with 3 rounds each.

It was you who brought up that particular number. But that doesn't answer my question.

sliqua-jcooter
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2013, 1:52 pm

If we're talking about single mags, then the answer is obvious. But if we're talking about 10 3 round mags vs one 30 round mag, the difference is negligible.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2013, 2:11 pm

Vigilans wrote:
Prove it

Actually, you're the one putting forward a claim, that magazine limits would have some positive effect, so that would put the onus on you to prove that they're effective. Got some before and after data from a country that imposed such limits and saw a positive effect?

- Rick Sanchez

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2013, 2:31 pm

Dox47 wrote:
Vigilans wrote:
Prove it

Actually, you're the one putting forward a claim, that magazine limits would have some positive effect, so that would put the onus on you to prove that they're effective. Got some before and after data from a country that imposed such limits and saw a positive effect?

Because questions are claims in the land of blase guntacular sophistry. I don't see you asking jcooter for evidence of his assertion that "Mag changes take a couple of seconds, at most - time which would be spent by target acquisition anyway. There's literally no difference in the amount of bodies that can be dropped."

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2013, 2:36 pm

sliqua-jcooter wrote:
If we're talking about single mags, then the answer is obvious. But if we're talking about 10 3 round mags vs one 30 round mag, the difference is negligible.

My question was extremely clear so I don't know why you can't just give me a straight answer

redriverronin
Toucan
Toucan

01 Oct 2013, 2:43 pm

Dox47 wrote:
Vigilans wrote:
Prove it

You cant expect people like him to try to understand reality look at the people he quotes sun tsu and Niccolo Machiavelli they advocate using lies and deceit to get what they want. He has an agenda and he will use whatever underhanded and amoral methods to achieve them whether the end result hurts people or not is irrelevant only his goal matters.

sliqua-jcooter
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2013, 2:45 pm

Your answer was anything but clear - which is why I gave you an answer for the specific question you asked, as well as the question that was actually the target of this discussion. I'm not going to play your games.

You want proof that the difference between emptying one large magazine and several small magazines is negligible - I'll give you that.

WardenWolf
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2013, 2:50 pm

ProMag: Jam like a Pro!