Page 2 of 6 [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2013, 3:02 pm

Vigilans wrote:
That wasn't aimed at you. I'm thinking along the lines of those idiots who forced Starbuck's hand by parading guns around the coffee shops.

That was stupid, if well intended. The idea's been kicking around for a long time that most people don't realize how many normal people carry guns every day because we all carry concealed, so open carry is intended to demonstrate that we're just the same as everyone else. Of course people took it too far, toting around long guns they would never carry concealed to drive home the point, and it ended up backfiring.

Vigilans wrote:
I wouldn't expect the vaunted Dox47 to start pulling out the troll card

Oh, you thought that was aimed at you? I was just making an off hand observation in your general vicinity, just like you snarking about gun people in this thread where I'm the OP. I suppose we should be more careful with that sort of thing.

- Rick Sanchez

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2013, 3:03 pm

Vigilans wrote:

The troll card consistently gets played whenever either guns or Ron Paul are mentioned in anything other than a fully adulatory light.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2013, 3:07 pm

Speak of the devil...

- Rick Sanchez

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2013, 3:36 pm

Dox47 wrote:
Vigilans wrote:
That wasn't aimed at you. I'm thinking along the lines of those idiots who forced Starbuck's hand by parading guns around the coffee shops.

That was stupid, if well intended. The idea's been kicking around for a long time that most people don't realize how many normal people carry guns every day because we all carry concealed, so open carry is intended to demonstrate that we're just the same as everyone else. Of course people took it too far, toting around long guns they would never carry concealed to drive home the point, and it ended up backfiring.

Activism can be extremely obnoxious and result in the opposite effect of what was aimed for.

Dox47 wrote:
Vigilans wrote:

Oh, you thought that was aimed at you? I was just making an off hand observation in your general vicinity, just like you snarking about gun people in this thread where I'm the OP. I suppose we should be more careful with that sort of thing.

What did you expect to happen when you start a thread about activism being obnoxious but to have the spotlight pointed onto a group you may be aligned with? My first post here was deriding activism in general. Maybe if you can't take criticism, you shouldn't start threads called "Everyone Hates Feminists". This thread is about activism, right? Not just about people hating feminists? As for that troll comment: you mad?

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2013, 3:38 pm

ArrantPariah wrote:
Vigilans wrote:

The troll card consistently gets played whenever either guns or Ron Paul are mentioned in anything other than a fully adulatory light.

How could anybody possibly have anything bad to say about guns and Rand Paul

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2013, 4:22 pm

Vigilans wrote:
Maybe if you can't take criticism, you shouldn't start threads called "Everyone Hates Feminists".

That was taken from the title of the original, and I do take criticism quite regularly, I just reserve the right to rebut it.

Vigilans wrote:
As for that troll comment: you mad?

So, you don't like statements that you think suggest trolling on your part, so you respond by: trolling... I think I see the problem here.

- Rick Sanchez

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2013, 4:34 pm

Dox47 wrote:
Vigilans wrote:
As for that troll comment: you mad?

So, you don't like statements that you think suggest trolling on your part, so you respond by: trolling... I think I see the problem here.

I'm mocking the stupidity of that statement to begin with

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2013, 10:17 pm

Vigilans wrote:

That trolls are annoying?

- Rick Sanchez

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2013, 10:44 pm

Dox47 wrote:
Vigilans wrote:

That trolls are annoying?

No, your passive aggressive insinuation directed at me

billiscool
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2013, 10:48 pm

Im not a fan of feminist,either. or any far-left people.
they are rude to guys like me.but some leftist are ok.
just not the far left.

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2013, 11:42 pm

Dox47 wrote:
TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:
I find it rather interesting that the people who hold ideals with a current movement are often seen as activists whether they are or not.

Indeed. I personally read that as a great incentive for intragroup criticism, as everyone is going to get tarred by the bad behavior of a few, smacking those few down is highly important to the success of the group's message.

Quite right. The loud extremists don't like me very much, usually, because I call them out on their bullshite. The man-hating feminist, the straight hating LGBT activist, the gun rights activists that think it's perfectly acceptable to give 5 year olds riffles, the pro-abortionists... the list goes on and on.

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2013, 11:49 pm

ArrantPariah wrote:
Vigilans wrote:

Ron Paul is looking more and more like an extremist, being a strict Constitutionalist. He seems nothing more than an Anarchist in Republican clothes, which I find quite ironic.

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2013, 7:52 am

Dox47 wrote:
Speak of the devil...

Ah...the Devil Card

How evil.

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2013, 8:08 am

Declension
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2013, 8:10 am

Sounds pretty accurate, from my experience. Nobody cares if you say you want to change the world, they only care if you actually try to do it. Like the song "Revolution" by the Beatles. "Don't you know it's gonna be alright?" It's a poisonous attitude that prevents anything from ever getting done.

redriverronin
Toucan
Toucan

02 Oct 2013, 2:13 pm

Declension wrote:
Sounds pretty accurate, from my experience. Nobody cares if you say you want to change the world, they only care if you actually try to do it. Like the song "Revolution" by the Beatles. "Don't you know it's gonna be alright?" It's a poisonous attitude that prevents anything from ever getting done.

You hit the nail on the head with that one people don't ever want to have to think or worry about things that matter if its butt ball though that's when you see some real activism. Best we can do is find as many people who aren't delusional idiots as possible and work together for when things start to get bad. Let the sheep who worship Reagan and Obama get what they want more lies BS raping beating and stealing from there friends and families until they have nothing left.