What do you think about the terrorist attacks in Paris?

Page 2 of 5 [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2015, 9:52 am

I think it's going to get bigger to where Russia is going to be involved and sides will have to be picked - go with Russia for Christianity and ISIS for Islam. I think it will lead to WW3 - but that's just me.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2015, 9:52 am

Quote:
Let me get this right. We started a war on terror program 15 years ago and the terrorist get bigger and stronger and richer every time ?

Sounds our war on terror needs to come to an end.

This guy talked about this, too bad it's in french, maybe s someone knowing french with enough time will translate it for you.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x26svg ... -14_webcam

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2015, 9:59 am

Quote:
Quote:
these terrorist attacks never seem to stop. perhaps it is a time to go back to the drawing board and come up with a new idea to stop them from happening.

I think I little bit of putting thing into perspective is needed. Whilst people are able to get behind what they consider noble causes, they don't really have a good understanding of the world.

These terrorist attacks are bad, but also statistically they are many thing more likely to happen to you. Terrorism power is in the reaction to it.

However the situation with ISIS is worse becuase they have money and resources.

There are people too eager to help them. This come down the the same sectarian tensions that span 13 centuries.

People forget that a large amount of ISIS weapons in the beginning were abandoned (given to ISIS) by Sunni contingent in the Iraqi army. There were Sunni tribe saying "my enemies enemy is my friend". This kind of stupidity and it is is brain dead perpetuate misery. These tribal areas are in need of real secularism, not Baathism or Nasserism, but genuine secularism. Then we have the gulf states that have been funding these groups
[/quote]

Ironically, ISIS can be described as Saddam's "ghost" emerged to haunt the world again - I am talking figuratively of course.

There are many reports showing that many of the ISIS commanders are originally Ba'ath officers who served under Saddam Hussein, Iraqi Ba'aths were not really secular, they were sectarians to teeth who claimed to be secular.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/mo ... aphic.html

Last edited by The_Face_of_Boo on 15 Nov 2015, 10:06 am, edited 3 times in total.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2015, 10:03 am

you are obviously not dead...the face of boo.
stay safe over there

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2015, 10:26 am

Problem can be solved with small 15 kliotons fission A-Bomb
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Boy

Just drop one near ISIS HQ somewhere on uninhabited area to avoid colaboral damage, they need to know that Europe can and will retaliate for their barbarianism.

One great man called Harry S. Truman, proved that this is very successful :mrgreen:

b9
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2015, 10:38 am

you can not solve the problem of a world full of poisonous ants nests by punching them here and there.
they must be intelligently poisoned.

sophisticated
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Nov 2015, 10:43 am

pawelk1986 wrote:

Just drop one near ISIS HQ somewhere on uninhabited area to avoid colaboral damage, they need to know that Europe can and will retaliate for their barbarianism.

One great man called Harry S. Truman, proved that this is very successful :mrgreen:

Wait .. hasnt Europe been retaliating with air strikes and all sorts in the last 15 years ?

What is it that you want ISIS to know ?

PS: atomic bombs were made to blow up entire cities .. and to destroy ISIS, youd need to destroy every city they reside in .. which is alot of cities .. the fallout would trigger a nuclear world war .. basically dropping atomic bombs is not a solution.

neilson_wheels
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2015, 10:55 am

Yes, using nuclear weapons and avoiding collateral damage are mutually exclusive.

MonsterCrack
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2015, 11:28 am

I am Muslim, and I condemn these attacks and send my condolences to the victims... and there are Buddhists who kill innocent people, just read this...https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecuti ... in_Myanmar

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2015, 12:51 pm

nurseangela wrote:
I think it's going to get bigger to where Russia is going to be involved and sides will have to be picked - go with Russia for Christianity and ISIS for Islam. I think it will lead to WW3 - but that's just me.

Russia was already nominally involved against ISIS in the Syrian civil war (even with boots on the ground) and made token attacks on ISIS to look good (while reserving serious action against other factions). But now that ISIS has done us the favor of downing a Russian airliner and killing Russian civilians Russia has to retaliate by seriously going after ISIS. Ditto France now. Why ISIS is so eager to recruit active enemies against itself is an open question.

The Middle East was already sliding towards a replay of Europe's Thirty Years War of 1618 to 1648( basically a Seventeenth Century version of World War Two) in which Europe's Protestant powers all lined up against all of Europe's Catholic powers in a continent wide sectarian blood bath. Saudi Arabia, and its Sunni allies, were already lining up against Iran and its Shiite allies in what looks like a coming regional showdown. How this incident in Paris will complicate things by further drawing in NATO and Russia into the mix remains to be seen.

Unfortunate_Aspie_
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2015, 1:39 pm

b9 wrote:
you can not solve the problem of a world full of poisonous ants nests by punching them here and there.
they must be intelligently poisoned.

Yes, just "dropping a nuke" will do very little. This is no where NEAR what it was that made the dropping a bomb on japan ploy successful. Besides nuking japan way back when was a tad pointless because they were already half dead and on their way out, like pouring a bucket of water on already drowning ants... whereas this would be tossing some water ineffectively on part of the ant's nest.... not a good idea.
Also, it would just anger the rest of the colony.
(do not mean these terms in an offensive or rude way just a metaphor guys...)
I don't think peace talks would particularly work either....but it should be more wholescale and intellectually done.

Nuking places is a HORRIBLE solution environmentally as well. Nuclear winter anyone? Also, radioactive ash fall out.... a TERRIBLE thing to deal with, also, do we know how quickly the radioactive waste/water/plants/food would decay before it isn't a problem!! Well scientifically yes we do know, but it causes such problems and the logistics of it all; it's a terrible nightmare waiting to happen.

This is why we should study the Hiroshima/Nagasaki thing more carefully, it's the only example we have of what that is like.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2015, 2:55 pm

Nuking ISIS would not be analogous nuking Hiroshima.

It would be analogous to nuking Nazi occupied Paris in order kill the few German soldiers stationed in the city, and in the process committing genocide against the every Parisian victims of the German occupiers we seek to liberate.

xile123
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Nov 2015, 2:56 pm

This is what happens with unfiltered immigration.

It has been done on purpose.

Just sit back and watch the fireworks, we're in for a bumpy ride.

neilson_wheels
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2015, 3:12 pm

Unfortunate_Aspie_ wrote:
This is why we should study the Hiroshima/Nagasaki thing more carefully, it's the only example we have of what that is like.

It has been very well studied. In brief, the conclusion was that it's very, very, very bad.

Neotenous Nordic
Toucan
Toucan

15 Nov 2015, 3:25 pm

pawelk1986 wrote:

Why try to use a spoon to remove the water that keeps pouring in when you can just plug the leak? If ISIS goes away, something new will appear in its place. You need to know where the funding comes from in the first place and then punish those who are pouring money into it. The actual ISIS terrorists are just useful idiots. They can't do anything without money. There will always be an abundance of borderline ret*d people willing to pull of those stunts if they get the funding.

More important, you need to know why they appear and who benefits from it. Just watch the media to see who always takes advantage of terrorist events to try to legitimize military actions. Then it becomes very obvious what is really going on.

Dropping bombs only creates more refugees, more problems and more anger towards the west. Not the way to go.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2015, 3:26 pm

What do I think? That my whole life has been a waste. Human beings are incapable of peaceful co-existence, WW3 is imminent, and I have nothing to look forward to except dying a slow and horrific death from radiation, unless I run towards the mushroom clouds instead of away. Then I will die a fast but extremely painful death. Everything I've worked hard at will be destroyed, and it will be like I never even existed. The end.

I'm also more fearful that the next time my parents travel somewhere south like they normally do in the winter, it will happen to them.

And don't give me that cliche'd "then the terrorists have won" garbage. They've won since September 11th, 2001.