Page 3 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Basso53
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2015, 9:17 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
But you were a devout Muslim just a couple of days ago.

C'mon, my friend. You have to find something in your life--and stick with it. You have a very inquisitive and exploring mind.

But when it comes to something like religion, you can't just convert to multiple religions all the time. You have to find something which satisfies you.

I bet what would really satisfy you is a religion which combines elements of Judaism, Christianity, and Islam---but mostly Islam.

I would think exploring different religions outside of Islam would be beneficial to the process of finding something that satisfies him...that he'd want to 'stick to'. Though I do not think one has to stick to a religion or belief necessarily...you can never predict what might happen or what you might learn or if you'll come to establish strong beliefs only to have every bit of it challenged and find your self questioning it all, all over again.

I even got baptised as a teen....and then did a little ritual to undo that, a couple months later, hopefully it worked....lol.

I had no idea there was an unbaptising ritual.

I guess if you come to the conclusion that it had no significance beyond getting your forehead wet, you effectively un-baptise yourself. :wink:

You seem to have both Aspie and neurotypical traits

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2015, 2:55 am

0_equals_true wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
luan78zao wrote:
Rather than looking for answers in one ancient book or another, why not convert to thinking for yourself?

He is doing so, when I was at his age when I was still Muslim (born one) and before I become agnostic, I have leaned from Islam to other religions in the process. It's not like woke up in one morning and decided "Aha! I wanna be atheist!" - it happened gradually without knowing.

Have you heard of Turan Dursun? He is my favourite skeptic, unfortunately he was assassinated 1990.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turan_Dursun

I was a born in a Twelever Shia family adherent to Ja'fari school.

izzeme
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2015, 5:07 am

Even though i don't think Judaism is any better than Islam, at its core, i do commend the fact that you have been thinking for yourself and outside of your initial religion.

The way i understand it, Islam is very harsh on those who convert out of it, so this was a brave desision: the route you chose out of islam is your own.

Best of luck in dealing with the fallout from those around you, and don't stop thinking critically becouse you made one conversion: there might (or might not) be a better 'fit' for you still

sophisticated
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Nov 2015, 11:57 am

I don't think you've ever studied the Torah if you think its not corrupt.

Scientific research shows that it went through significant editing.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2015, 1:31 pm

sophisticated wrote:
I don't think you've ever studied the Torah if you think its not corrupt.

Scientific research shows that it went through significant editing.

All of them have had editing, historical mistakes, etc.