Ethical paradox: Would You Kill Baby Hitler?

Page 3 of 12 [ 191 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next

Varelse
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Nov 2015, 6:06 pm

No, but I'd have arranged to have him put into foster care and then later given therapy and lots of encouragement to his artistic ambitions.

BenderRodriguez
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2015, 6:10 pm

neilson_wheels wrote:
How would you know that this murder would be for the greater good?

This.

We don't know how things would have turned out without him. It could have been the same, or even worse. For some reason a lot of people don't seem to understand that realising a decision was bad doesn't necessarily make the other(s) "good". Sometimes all options are quite bad and some events are unavoidable, merely triggered by one individual or another.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2015, 8:08 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
At that age there would be many opportunities to prevent Hitler from becoming well Hitler without killing a baby. Since people have retro diagnosed Hitler as an Aspie and this is a hypothetical fantasy he could be given ABA therapy. :D

I seriously doubt Hitler was an Aspie. More likely he suffered from Narcissistic Personality Disorder. After all, this is a man who could read a room of people like a book, have his finger on the pulse of his time, and knew how to enthrall and captivate his audience. I don't know of a single Aspie who could do any of that.

I don't think I agree with it but he has been retro diagnosed.
Psychopathology of Adolf Hitler
Quote:
Since 1991, one of the most prolific authors of psychopathographies is the Irish professor of child and adolescent psychiatry Michael Fitzgerald. Inspired by his autism studies, he published a cornucopia of pathographies of outstanding historical personalities, mostly disclosing that they had Asperger syndrome, which is on the autism spectrum. In his 2004 published anthology Autism and creativity, he classified Hitler as an “autistic psychopath”. Autistic psychopathy is a term that the Austrian physician Hans Asperger had coined in 1944 in order to label the clinical picture that was later named after him: the Asperger syndrome, which has nothing to with psychopathy in the sense of an antisocial personality disorder. Fitzgerald appraised many of Hitler’s publicly known traits as downright autistic, particularly his various obsessions, his lifeless gaze, his social awkwardness, his lack of interest in women, his lack of personal friendships and his tendency to monologue-like speeches which according to Fitzgerald resulted from a disability to have real conversations.

Did Adolf Hitler have Asperger Syndrome? Article in Swedish

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

18 Nov 2015, 8:26 pm

Hitler was ultimately insignificant, if he died as a baby or in WWI and everything else stayed the same then the Nazis or some movement like the Nazis still would of come to power because those views weren't unique or original to Hitler and the political reality of the Treaty of Versailles was that it made WWII inevitable.

dobyfm
Toucan
Toucan

18 Nov 2015, 9:19 pm

This is tricky. But as someone wrote above, there would have most likely been another leader like him that would have come into power with a group similar to the Nazis.

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2015, 10:54 pm

Rudin wrote:
AspE wrote:
I think it would be more fun just to cock-block Hitler's dad. Or you could prevent the assassination of Archduke Ferdinand, and prevent WWI. Or foster young Hitler's art career by giving him some LSD.

Don't do it, you'll mess up space and time. No Hitler could drastically change time and space.

And killing baby Hitler wouldn't? Hey just go back in time and give the Romans about 100K automatic rifles and ammo, we would all be at the orgy now.

Nebogipfel
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2015, 12:01 am

A specific individual not only requires that two specific parents get together, they require that a specific egg meets a specific sperm. The more you change in history, the more you prevent the specific egg and sperm combinations that result in the people who are alive today. So, killing Hitler would create a butterfly effect that would erase most of the people living today, and replace them with different people.

The people currently alive in our timeline, if forewarned, would probably view you as being not very much unlike Hitler.

Last edited by Nebogipfel on 01 Dec 2015, 12:48 am, edited 11 times in total.

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2015, 12:14 am

Or you could give your time machine to Hitler, then he could go back in time and kill baby Moses. Presto, no more Jews!

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2015, 1:46 am

AspE wrote:
Or you could give your time machine to Hitler, then he could go back in time and kill baby Moses. Presto, no more Jews!

And no more Hitler, as the name Solomon - clearly a Jewish name - appears in his family tree.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2015, 2:04 am

1) i would not want to risk having someone potentially more ruthless take his place and have world history end up even worse. he as an individual, was a cog in the early 20th century clusterf***, albeit a rather big one.

i'd have written him a letter of recommendation for art school, really. or acid.

2) he's just so CUUUTE! i mean look at his dorky little bowl cut! :mrgreen:

..but really, i'd be just as interested to see what would have happened if he was born female.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2015, 2:18 am

Neah I would just kidnap him and raise him like my own child and give him love and maybe he wouldn't grow up to be a monster.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2015, 2:33 am

League_Girl wrote:
Neah I would just kidnap him and raise him like my own child and give him love and maybe he wouldn't grow up to be a monster.

That is an excellent idea.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2015, 2:35 am

League_Girl wrote:

i hope you know how to weed out nationalism. :wtg:

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2015, 3:38 am

If I knew what he was going to be as a grown up? Yeah I would kill him with a crossbow!

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

looniverse
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

01 Dec 2015, 9:14 am

AspieOtaku wrote:
If I knew what he was going to be as a grown up? Yeah I would kill him with a crossbow!

How could you know? Is the future immutable?

Rollo
Raven
Raven

01 Dec 2015, 4:51 pm

Here's another what-if question. If the Nazis had won the war, would the modern-day masses be saying the same things about Roosevelt and Churchill as they now say about Hitler (madman! psychopath! etc)? My answer is an emphatic yes. The masses just parrot what authority tells them to.