As a Christian, "Happy Holidays" does not offend me ..

Page 7 of 7 [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Daniel89
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2018, 5:01 am

Its just a term people people use in relation to egalitarianism Marx wanted a society where all classes were equal and people use the term "cultural marxist" for people who think all cultures are equal from my understanding.

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2018, 5:05 am

Daniel89 wrote:
Its just a term people people use in relation to egalitarianism Marx wanted a society where all classes were equal and people use the term "cultural marxist" for people who think all cultures are equal from my understanding.

Conservatives: Why do liberals throw around buzzwords like "racism" and "Islamophobia"? That's not an argument!
Also Conservatives: Cultural Marxism because cultural Marxism! You cuck!

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2018, 7:22 am

In the mountains of the Middle East, there are pine forests.

drwho222
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2018, 1:10 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:

There is no question that the decorated tree tradition is a Pagan one. There is even a Bible verse prohibiting it.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2018, 2:27 pm

drwho222 wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

There is no question that the decorated tree tradition is a Pagan one. There is even a Bible verse prohibiting it.

Though the actual tradition of modern day Christmas trees goes back to Martin Luther in the 16th century.

MissChess
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Jan 2018, 2:41 pm

rvacountrysinger wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
That was very insulting. Why would you insult a person like that? WTF, Man?

I didn't think you were that type.

I thought it was just another way of saying someone has been easily taken in. It derives from chickens (cuck slang for cock) that are easily lead to slaughter.

You used a word the meaning of which you didn't understand. May I recommend, now that you know better, a sincere apology to the people you insulted through your ignorance?

Otherwise, you've said Kraftie and Kraich's wives have sex with other men, and by failing to apologize you're standing by that statement.

modaldragon
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Jan 2018, 2:44 pm

In the UK, Merry Christmas is the preferred greeting in general. Even people who aren't Christian say it (with some exceptions), and it isn't unusual where I live for atheists, muslims, hindus, etc to say "merry Christmas". Quite likely because in the UK, Christmas is less of a religious celebration and is celebrated in a secular way by people of all religions. My friend, who is a Hindu, celebrates Christmas, I'm an atheist and I celebrate Christmas, ect. There are some people who don't celebrate Christmas due to belonging to a non-Christian religion, but most people celebrate it regardless of their religion, or at least where I live they do. Non-Christians still like decorated trees and presents and good food!

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2018, 2:59 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
drwho222 wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

Though the actual tradition of modern day Christmas trees goes back to Martin Luther in the 16th century.

According to the "Mark Trail" comic strip in the Sunday paper I read when I was a child it goes back farther than that. A Christian missionary in Roman times lived among the pagan German barbarian tribes. The tribe worshipped oak trees as the embodiment of their pagan god. The Missionary guy chopped down their sacred oak tree and told them to worship a pine tree (or some needle tree) as the symbol of the new god Christ. And the tradition stuck among Germans for the next 2000 years. I dunno. That's what Mark Trail said.

Anyway it was a peculiarly German custom. But then in the 1840's two things happened. The USA had a big influx of immigrants from Germany (including some of my own ancestors), and Queen Victoria married a German prince, and the German royal family essentially became the British royal family. The new royals brought German customs like Christmas trees to the UK, and the German commoner immigrants brought the same German customs to the USA at about the same time in history. So both parts of the English speaking world got the same cultural influence at the same time. And Xmas trees became an Anglosphere thing as well as being a German thing.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2018, 3:38 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
drwho222 wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

According to the "Mark Trail" comic strip in the Sunday paper I read when I was a child it goes back farther than that. A Christian missionary in Roman times lived among the pagan German barbarian tribes. The tribe worshipped oak trees as the embodiment of their pagan god. The Missionary guy chopped down their sacred oak tree and told them to worship a pine tree (or some needle tree) as the symbol of the new god Christ. And the tradition stuck among Germans for the next 2000 years. I dunno. That's what Mark Trail said.

Anyway it was a peculiarly German custom. But then in the 1840's two things happened. The USA had a big influx of immigrants from Germany (including some of my own ancestors), and Queen Victoria married a German prince, and the German royal family essentially became the British royal family. The new royals brought German customs like Christmas trees to the UK, and the German commoner immigrants brought the same German customs to the USA at about the same time in history. So both parts of the English speaking world got the same cultural influence at the same time. And Xmas trees became an Anglosphere thing as well as being a German thing.

I think you're thinking of Boniface, who had worked as a missionary - not in Roman times - but in the early Dark Ages among the still pagan Frankish tribe of the Hessians. He did in fact cut down the oak tree, which was regarded by all Germanic peoples as the tree of Thor. When Boniface wasn't fried by a bolt of lightening, the assembled Hessians believed the old gods must all be dead, or mere shadows of themselves, and so converted in large numbers, as most of the other Franks in Germany and France had already done.
As far as a connection with Christmas trees is concerned - it must be remembered, the Christmas tree is an evergreen, not an oak.
The story I had been raised with, as a German Lutheran kid, was that Luther had been coming home late one Christmas Eve night, when he was taken by how beautiful the stars looked between the tree boughs. When he tried to describe what he saw to the wife and kids, he realized he wasn't conveying the sight, so he rushed outside, cut down a tree, and bringing it inside he set candles among the branches. He was damn lucky, I think, that he didn't burn the house down with himself and his family trapped inside! Still, that was allegedly how the tradition started.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2018, 12:47 am

rvacountrysinger wrote:
You see, I think what you posted is far more "divisive" than anything the so called Alt Right is saying. "Angry White Man" - code for any white man who is sick and tired of cultural marxist brainwashing.

Translation: an insecure white male snowflake who's triggered by the thought of people who aren't like him being equal in value to him.