"Extreme impression" that "The Quran is wicked and cruel"

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2023, 12:42 pm

"My" "mentality" has huge dilemma with The Quran. I read about strikingly big number of miraculous signs in its text (of "coincidence" type), associated with mathematics, linguistics, maybe also science. I have an impression that they "alone" mean that the text of The Quran, which contains vastness of unconceivable "coincidences", has to be revelation from one and only God and that any other being than He could not construct such a "miracle-filled" text as original, Arabic text of The Quran.

But Quran (at least in interpretations of most of people who believe that it is from God) looks to "my" "mentality" as something extremely immoral, unmerciful and cruel. Eternal damnation and torturing people after death look for "my" "mentality" as unimaginably evil, malevolent, wicked and vile morally and extremely bad physcially. "Mentality" thinks that salvation has to be universal and that irreversibly unforgivable sin is eternally absolutely, totally impossible, because God is The Good, The Merciful, The Gracious, The Omnibenevolent, The Forgiving.

Practices like ritual prayers, Hajj pilgrimage or Ramadan fasting looks bad and obviously "useless", "ridiculous", "absurd", "nonsensical" and "silly" to "my" "mentality".

For "my" "mentality" it is logical that there is only one, absolute deity in all-existence. "Coincidences" of The Quran look unimaginably large, but finitely unimaginably large, and there are infinitely many prime numbers, infinitely many natural numbers (not to mention rational numbers or, even more, real numbers :) ).

According to "mentality", pleasure (hapiness, joy, bliss), comfort (well-being, freedom from pain and suffering) and infinite existence of pleasure and comfort and created goods is one of the most fundamental "thing" in Creation and sin, pain, disaster should never happened in entire existence of Creation, which is obvious for "mentality" because The God is The Good, The Omnibenevolent, The Beautiful, The Moral...

"Mentality" hypothetizes that The Quran is NOT Divine Revelations despite all mircaulous and super-intelligent features of it, because "mentality" "notices" that The Quran unconceivably blatantly fails morally and ethically.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2023, 2:07 pm

nca14 wrote:
"My" "mentality" has huge dilemma with The Quran. I read about strikingly big number of miraculous signs in its text (of "coincidence" type), associated with mathematics, linguistics, maybe also science. I have an impression that they "alone" mean that the text of The Quran, which contains vastness of unconceivable "coincidences", has to be revelation from one and only God and that any other being than He could not construct such a "miracle-filled" text as original, Arabic text of The Quran.

If one looks hard enough, one can probably find similar coincidences (though not the exact same ones) in almost any book.

Coincidences in general are more common than most people think. See, for example, the birthday paradox.