Veteran

12 Nov 2012, 9:44 pm

Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
ArrantPariah wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
I hold my nose and turn aside.

As long as the homosexuals do not go about buggering underage children or unwilling parties I suppose I must hold my peace.

ruveyn

Tolerance: the first step towards conversion. :lol:

A liberal talking about tolerance.
:roll:

What makes us intolerant? Our intolerance toward intolerance?

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

Selective tolerance.

Yes, I'm selectively intolerant to the intolerant.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2012, 7:17 pm

MarketAndChurch wrote:
ArrantPariah wrote:
Single-gender prisons certainly promote homosexuality. What other outcome could our legal system have envisioned?

Which is why I have never understood those who argue that I'm vengeful for wanting the death penalty, but they are not for wanting life imprisonment, given all that you rob of the human being.

There is a major problem with the death penalty. The legal procedures for trying capital cases are deficient and defective.

In Illinois is was found that 5 percent of the people sentenced to die were not guilty and had been tried in a defective manner.

So Illinois recused itself from applying capital execution.

ruveyn

TellEmSteveDave
Toucan
Toucan

13 Nov 2012, 10:38 pm

Homosexuality is natural! there's nothing wrong with being gay, lesbian, bisexual or transgender (or even asexual) If my son or daughter was LGBT then I would support them all the way!

Any type of sex is ok, as long as it's between consenting adults!

MarketAndChurch
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2012, 4:45 am

ruveyn wrote:
MarketAndChurch wrote:
ArrantPariah wrote:
Single-gender prisons certainly promote homosexuality. What other outcome could our legal system have envisioned?

Which is why I have never understood those who argue that I'm vengeful for wanting the death penalty, but they are not for wanting life imprisonment, given all that you rob of the human being.

There is a major problem with the death penalty. The legal procedures for trying capital cases are deficient and defective.

In Illinois is was found that 5 percent of the people sentenced to die were not guilty and had been tried in a defective manner.

So Illinois recused itself from applying capital execution.

ruveyn

Well yes, and I've even said that your position was moral IF your only objection is that it might kill an innocent. Those who argue that position I give a pass to, it is the only MORAL position against capital punishment, and I respect it.

Most people just use that as a smoke screen, and when you really really push them on the issue, they arrive logically at a position where their pretty much against punishment, in general. Those who take your position tend to be conservative or libertarian. The other half just oppose punishment, and tend to be left of center.

That being said, I've already made my case for the death penalty, so I won't make it again here.

But... you will at least acknowledge that wanting the death penalty carried out is no more vengeful then wishing a person a life in prison? To avenge a wrong, punishment will be needed, and penitence served. That was the point I was making with the comment above.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2012, 5:23 am

MarketAndChurch wrote:
That being said, I've already made my case for the death penalty, so I won't make it again here.

But... you will at least acknowledge that wanting the death penalty carried out is no more vengeful then wishing a person a life in prison? To avenge a wrong, punishment will be needed, and penitence served. That was the point I was making with the comment above.

I do. Being locked up for life is a form of being buried alive.

However the main point is that very bad people must be separated from society for the sake of making life in society safer.

ruveyn