Page 8 of 12 [ 181 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Fugu
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2016, 1:30 pm

Dox47 wrote:
AspE wrote:
Feminism is a fine word. We won't let our enemies or a fringe minority of kooks define us.

Sadly, I think the type of feminist that I talked about in my OP is neither fringe nor minority, based on my experience anyway.
the plural form of anecdote is not 'data'.

AR15000
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Feb 2016, 2:33 pm

Intersectional feminism is a Big Fat J0KE. White feminists don't give a s**t about black MEN; they only pay lip service to anti-racism because they want to seem like good people who care about others.

As I've said before, in the USofA black people and autistic people DO have some similar issues! One of those is the fact that the male members of both groups are treated worse by the rest of society than the female members. 50 years ago, the popular image of a rapist was a black men and nowadays that image has been replaced by an autistic man(usually white by that's immaterial).

TheExodus attempting to argue that correlation between violent crime by Black Americans implies a biological cause shows yet another pathetic example of LIES, DAMNED LIES, and Statistics. Correlation does imply innate causality, princess.

Fugu
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2016, 3:20 pm

AR15000 wrote:
Correlation does imply innate causality, princess.
oh really? so these graphs actually have meaning? woah 8O

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2016, 3:55 pm

pineapplehead wrote:
LKL wrote:
@ Exodus: please see the data above. You can go to the same website and put in other job types as well as the ones I picked off the top of my head: jobs that are traditionally taken by women pay less than jobs that are traditionally taken by men, for the same amount of training and the same amount of hours per week. I can document the hell out of this, though, so by all means let me know if the raw data isn't enough for you.

Jobs traditionally taken by men tend to make more, because either a) they're dangerous, or b) they require high math/technical skills that are harder to train. If you really think a secretary sitting in a comfortable office deserves to make as much as an underwater welder, that's just laughable.

if it were about danger, then underwater welders would make more than investment bankers. Compare oranges to oranges: underwater welding takes some significant training (diving, welding, and the combination thereof), and secretarial work doesn't take as much as training investment as well as being less dangerous. If it were about intellectual capacity and technical skills, then women in the same job classes would make the same as the men in those classes. See the links I posted regarding that.

regarding competence or quality of work, people in general but men especially generally regard mens' work as better than women's, regardless of actual performance:
http://journals.plos.org/plosone/articl ... ne.0148405
https://www.cfa.harvard.edu/smg/ficss/r ... 8AFD0B.pdf
http://www.pnas.org/content/109/41/16474.full
http://www.cs.utexas.edu/users/mckinley ... e-1997.pdf

women "perform" more equally to men when evaluations are blinded to gender, leading one to suspect that they were performing equally all along but were judged differently based on gender. One of the most famous examples:
http://www.nber.org/papers/w5903

Last edited by LKL on 11 Feb 2016, 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2016, 4:02 pm

TheExodus wrote:
"And as economists frequently remind us, if it were really true that an employer could get away with paying Jill less than Jack for the same work, clever entrepreneurs would fire all their male employees, replace them with females, and enjoy a huge market advantage."

So why don't they?

google 'mancession.'
also check out differential unemployment rates for men vs. women in various racial groups, especially those with higher differentials between mens' and women's pay.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2016, 4:28 pm

It really depends on the job. I have found that women generally make much better doctors, because they are more understanding. Then most physical work is pretty much always going to suit men.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

Fugu
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2016, 4:36 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
It really depends on the job. I have found that women generally make much better doctors, because they are more understanding. Then most physical work is pretty much always going to suit men.
it's actually a case of women doctors being easier to interrupt and question in the eyes of the patient(which in turn leads to less medical error): http://www.forbes.com/2010/05/10/women- ... ealth.html
as for physical work being a man's job, well, that's partly because of crap like this: http://thinkprogress.org/economy/2014/0 ... struction/

100000fireflies
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2016, 5:57 pm

Fugu wrote:
AR15000 wrote:
Correlation does imply innate causality, princess.
oh really? so these graphs actually have meaning? woah 8O
[/quote]

I read it as a typo and AR meant does Not imply.

Either way, those are great charts.

AR15000 wrote:
Intersectional feminism is a Big Fat J0KE. White feminists don't give a s**t about black MEN; they only pay lip service to anti-racism because they want to seem like good people who care about others.

I guess that depends on your definition of feminist..or their definition. Under my definition, they most definitely do care about black men and black women..and white men and white women..and so on. If anything there is caring because of relation to being a group that has been historically, systematically oppressed. Well beyond that though is simply caring because they're all human.

That said, if your definition is the one Dox brought up at the beginning of the post, women who are using the feminist label to try and justify misandry..well, then i'd agree as i actually get the sense they don't even really care about women (let alone any men), only about themselves.

Which for Dox's sake, kind of brings it back to the original post. :)

TheExodus
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Feb 2016, 7:41 pm

AR15000 wrote:
TheExodus attempting to argue that correlation between violent crime by Black Americans implies a biological cause shows yet another pathetic example of LIES, DAMNED LIES, and Statistics. Correlation does imply innate causality, princess.

Are you sure about that? Lies? How about the fact that black people do have psychological differences, lighter brain weight, smaller frontal lobe and such? Does that sound like a lie to you? If so, you should see for yourself.

Why is it so hard to believe that those with psychological differences can have varying traits such as higher aggression rates as well?

XFilesGeek wrote:
[MODERATOR]

Serious, TheExodus, cool it with the aggression and insults.

If you can't debate without resulting to shouting and personal attacks, further administrative action may have to be taken.

[/MODERATOR]

Didn't result to personal attacks, nor did I shout (that would be hard when typing on a keyboard). Criticism of a person's abilities is not a personal attack, more a notation of their demeanor. Frankly, I could just as well refer to your attempts at censoring me a personal attack on my freedom of speech, and your moderator status doesn't protect you from any critique I would give anybody else.

Please understand, live and learn. You're almost twice my age yet evidently possess half that in wisdom. Learn that criticism of demeanor is not a personal attack, learn that "shouting" (or emphasised expression, as it would be on a forum board) is not a crime, and learn that I don't take lightly to fools.

Referring to anything as insulting is the authoritarian way of censoring true outlooks.

wilburforce
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2016, 7:46 pm

TheExodus wrote:
AR15000 wrote:

Are you sure about that? Lies? How about the fact that black people do have psychological differences, lighter brain weight, smaller frontal lobe and such? Does that sound like a lie to you? If so, you should see for yourself.

Why is it so hard to believe that those with psychological differences can have varying traits such as higher aggression rates as well?

XFilesGeek wrote:
[MODERATOR]

Serious, TheExodus, cool it with the aggression and insults.

If you can't debate without resulting to shouting and personal attacks, further administrative action may have to be taken.

[/MODERATOR]

Didn't result to personal attacks, nor did I shout (that would be hard when typing on a keyboard). Criticism of a person's abilities is not a personal attack, more a notation of their demeanor. Frankly, I could just as well refer to your attempts at censoring me a personal attack on my freedom of speech, and your moderator status doesn't protect you from any critique I would give anybody else.

Please understand, live and learn. You're almost twice my age yet evidently possess half that in wisdom. Learn that criticism of demeanor is not a personal attack, learn that "shouting" (or emphasised expression, as it would be on a forum board) is not a crime, and learn that I don't take lightly to fools.

Referring to anything as insulting is the authoritarian way of censoring true outlooks.

:lol: Bye.

Seriously, are you trying to get banned? Because insulting the mods is a very efficient way to make that happen.

AR15000
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Feb 2016, 7:50 pm

TheExodus wrote:
AR15000 wrote:

What is the evidence for psychological differences between blacks and whites that have genetic origin? And in terms of your claims about brain weight and frontal lobe size, what is the statistical evidence for this? And have there been studies of this done among black people in Africa AND southeast Asia besides black Americans? There are 3 major groups of black people in Africa: Bantu's, Nilo-Saharans, and Baka(pygmies). What is the difference in these areas between them?

I can give you a sociological explanation for why black Americans are more violent: POVERTY! That's right. If you look at the nations in this world that have the highest murder rates that are not experiencing actual war, which BTW are all in Latin America, you will see that the commonality is rampant organized crime. Poor people often turn to crime as way to survive and get ahead and criminals do not use the court system to compete economically with each other, they use violence instead because it works.

@LKL, please chime in on this if you're reading this thread!

100000fireflies
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2016, 8:33 pm

There was a "study" done..in the 1800's early 1900's trying to be used as a justification for racism. It was shown to be complete bunk.
They essentially used a small substance (rice if i remember right) to measure cranial capacity. It was later disproved. However, even had it remained, it was attempting to prove white superiority, by equating (among others) brain size to intelligence; which is of course a false correlation.

As for psychological differences, we All have psychological differences. Each and every one.

And don't forget, poverty doesn't count!
Since a US black Man makes 2/3 of a white Man, but makes about the same as a white woman, it means income (earned and inherited) doesn't matter. The fact that a black family - man and woman make Measurably less than a white family - man and woman also is irrelevant. As are things such as education options due to limited income, employment options due to limited education, and the fact that we are Not living in a post-racial society where residual (and at times blatant) racism continues as does the residual impact of significant oppression also don't matter.

Last edited by 100000fireflies on 11 Feb 2016, 9:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

TheExodus
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Feb 2016, 9:04 pm

wilburforce wrote:
:lol: Bye.

Seriously, are you trying to get banned? Because insulting the mods is a very efficient way to make that happen.

Look, more passive aggressiveness. Let me guess; I'll get another warning for being "insulting", and you'll get off perfectly fine despite doing practically the same thing.

Truth be told, I don't much care if anything happens to me on this forum, because all it really does is demonstrates and roots deeper the outlook that I've had from the very beginning, that being that the moderators only see "insults" and misdemeanors where they want to.

By the way, I didn't insult anybody (again, please learn what an insult is; a reflection of attitude can hardly constitute an insult. It's not an insult to call a thief a criminal). It's also good to know that you think that the status of a certain individual would mask them from any such attacks any more than any other, lower status individual. Somebody claimed I was being insulting, I questioned it. I don't care if they're a moderator, because the way I see it, they don't have a clue what they're talking about. If they continue with this behaviour, I don't even think they should be able to retain their status.

By the way, would you much like to point this specific moderator to your first posts directed towards me? That would be a great help if so. Thank you.

100000fireflies wrote:
There was a "study" done..in the 1800's early 1900's trying to be used as a justification for racism. It was shown to be complete bunk.
They essentially used a small substance (rice if i remember right) to measure cranial capacity. It was later disproved. However, even had it remained, it was attempting to prove white superiority, by equating (among others) brain size to intelligence; which is of course a false correlation.

As for psychological differences, we All have psychological differences. Each and every one.

Much understood. The studies were conducted in a time of rife racism and could easily have been skewed. However, I believe all of the studies attached to these facts have been conducted at earliest around the 1940's and 50's.

FACT #3: The I.Q.’s of American Negroes are from 15 to 20 points, on average, below those of American Whites. (26) (16) (18) (22)

FACT #4: These Black\White differences have been demonstrated repeatedly by every test ever conducted by every branch of the U.S. Military, every state, county, and local school board, the U.S. Dept. of Education, etc. The same ratio of difference has held true over a 40 year period. (18) (26) (24)

FACT #5: With an average I.Q. of 85, only 16% of Blacks score over 100, while half the White population does. The Negro overlap of White median I.Q.’s ranges from 10 to 25 percent– equality would require 50 percent. (31) (27) (16)

FACT #17: Among human races numerous studies have been made of the comparative weight of White and Negro brains with results that fell within the range of about an 8-12 percent lower weight for the Negro brain. Such studies have been conducted by Bean, Pearl, Vint, Tilney, Gordon, Todd, and others. (23) (27)

FACT #18: In addition to the difference in brain weight, the Negro brain grows less after puberty than the white. Though the Negro brain and nervous system mature faster than the white brain, its development is arrested at an earlier age which limits further intellectual advancement. (22) (27)

FACT #19: The thickness of the supragranular layer (the outside layer) of the Negro brain is about 15 percent thinner, and its convolutions are fewer and more simple, on average, than that of the White brain. (9)

FACT #20: The frontal lobes of the Negro brain, responsible for abstract conceptional reasoning, are smaller relative to body weight, less fissured, and less complex than those of the White brain. (9) (27) (23) (22)

(Number 4 is most notable; there have been studies numerous times that have addressed the same result, in modern day).

By the way, you still haven't gotten back to me on the wage gap thing.

EDIT; forgot the link. :lol:

https://europeanmediacentre.wordpress.c ... man-races/

wilburforce
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2016, 9:16 pm

I have no interest in having a discussion with blatant racists. I have better ways to waste time.

TheExodus
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Feb 2016, 9:20 pm

wilburforce wrote:
I have no interest in having a discussion with blatant racists. I have better ways to waste time.

:lol: OK then, if you say so. Though the links I have produced have practically confirmed everything I have mentioned so far. I'd also like to know how you think I'm racist. I have black friends. Or do you think I'm a colonist time traveler come to enslave the blacks once more?

By the way, would you have said the same thing if I were implying whites were inferior to blacks? Something tells me that you wouldn't. Is that double standards I hear, off in the distance...?

100000fireflies
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2016, 9:31 pm

Wordpress. Not remotely factual or empirical despite the word "FACT" being typed.

Reference numbers don't even line up with the supposed references at the bottom.

These "facts" refer to things as if they are actual scientific studies done, not notes from Soldier of Fortune, The Dangers of Interracial Marriage, America: Free, White and Christian, and How the Greatest White Nations Were Mongrelized.

Which i shouldn't be surprised as the highlight point is a quote "But if the blood of our White race should become corrupted and mingled with the blood of Africa, then the present greatness of the United States of America would be destroyed and all hope for civilization would be as impossible.."

Enough said.

The best part though, and there always is one - amid the facts about how dem "negros" are dumb and us Whites be smart:
"ARTICLE CURTACY OF THE WHITE RESISTOR:"