Page 9 of 12 [ 177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Should it be legal to deny the holocaust?
Yes 75%  75%  [ 52 ]
No 25%  25%  [ 17 ]
Total votes : 69

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2009, 2:17 am

Drizzleman, that was a brilliant parody.

Concenik
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Apr 2009, 4:35 pm

No, it was just silly inane BS - to call it 'parody' is to abuse the word. If that's the level of discussion here - woe betide the planet, wrong as it may be.

Either you're easily pleased Orwell or myopic to anything that falls outside of your developing paradigm.

Drizzleman - do some study into it and stop talking sh*te. Instead of trying to morph a uninformed reactionary impulse into LCD* wit.

*lowest common denominator

Last edited by Concenik on 18 Apr 2009, 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bluestocking
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

18 Apr 2009, 4:37 pm

Drizzleman, bravo. You would have made Swift proud.

Concenik
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Apr 2009, 4:43 pm

Bluestocking wrote:

I think Johnathon Swift might've kicked you in the ass for saying that tbh.

I can't wait to get my diagnosis - I'm the aspie that going to kick you arrogant fwits out of your ivory towers. 'we are so clued in and clever cos we're aspies' - SUCH TOSH obviously.

Concenik
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Apr 2009, 4:45 pm

DrizzleMan wrote:
Concenik wrote:
WW2 cost 40 million lives - not just the disputed 6 million, as you know.

That 40 million figure seems very suspicious to me. I'm not denying that people died during that period, but the true figure is probably closer to 10 million, or maybe just a few hundred thousand. Or just a few hundred. And they actually died of old age anyway.

Unfortunately, some Europeans exaggerated the death toll in order to leech money from the USA in the form of the Marshall Plan.

There are numerous holes in the official story when you start looking for them. For example, there is no evidence that European leaders ordered their armies to kill 40 million people. Do they really expect us to believe that their armies killed 40 million people without orders? That's such a ridiculously high number. Even if I killed someone every day for the next five years, that would barely reach two thousand people. And if I had to kill someone every day I'd probably kill myself out of guilt before the end of the first week.

Not to mention that the supposed 'estimates' of death that the Europeans have cooked up for each country keep on changing. Yet the overall estimate is still 40 million. Such a nice round number. Very suspicious, if you ask me.

And these Europeans expect the whole world to learn about their phony "World War" in history class. Booooring. I'm tired of these Europeans pretending they have a monopoly on suffering. It's time for people to stand and be unafraid to speak the truth: there probably was no World War II!

How about getting a clue?

Concenik
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Apr 2009, 4:47 pm

Quote:

What you don't seem to understand is that the common 'Jews' are being prepped for yet another 'Holocaust'. I don't think many here are deep thinking enough to actually grasp the nature of this system. FFS talk about never learning from his story - you guys make me sad, you're so up yourselves and without doubt - is aspie a byword for automaton conformist or what??

Yeah yeah, everything began with 'the enlightenment.' suckers

I SPIT ON YOUR IGNORANCE (WITH PHLEGM!!)

you mean that lots of Jews will be killed again???

Last edited by Concenik on 18 Apr 2009, 5:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2009, 4:53 pm

Concenik wrote:
Bluestocking wrote:

Have you ever read Swift? Drizzleman's post wasn't on the level of Swiftian parody, but it was pretty good.

Quote:
I can't wait to get my diagnosis - I'm the aspie that going to kick you arrogant fwits out of your ivory towers. 'we are so clued in and clever cos we're aspies' - SUCH TOSH obviously.

I haven't seen much of that type of attitude in PPR, actually.

Concenik
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Apr 2009, 4:59 pm

Orwell wrote:
Concenik wrote:
Bluestocking wrote:

Have you ever read Swift? Drizzleman's post wasn't on the level of Swiftian parody, but it was pretty good.

Quote:

Maybe you should look inward :twisted:

Yes, I have read Swift - I'm getting thin with your "innate" arrogance tbh - so you can start flaming away if you wish - Drizzleman didn't make anything like a Swiftian parody - have you read Swift - because if you think that that is a 'pretty good' version, I can't imagine you have.

It is easy to belittle and make superfluous mocking fantasy- that is not parody - but it is a tactic often used of this board by people who seemingly think they know what's what. I just call it plain and simple - BS

Concenik
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Apr 2009, 5:04 pm

Concenik wrote:
Quote:

What you don't seem to understand is that the common 'Jews' are being prepped for yet another 'Holocaust'. I don't think many here are deep thinking enough to actually grasp the nature of this system. FFS talk about never learning from his story - you guys make me sad, you're so up yourselves and without doubt - is aspie a byword for automaton conformist or what??

Yeah yeah, everything began with 'the enlightenment.' suckers

I SPIT ON YOUR IGNORANCE (WITH PHLEGM!!)

you mean that lots of Jews will be killed again???

yeah, unless people get enough brains to start fathoming this s**t, for sure.

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2009, 8:43 pm

Concenik wrote:
Orwell wrote:
Quote:

I don't think I tend to make any claims of superiority on the basis of my autism. Would you care to disprove me with a quote?

Re Swift: Yes, I've read some of his stuff. It's not realistic to compare a forum post to Switft (as I said, "Drizzleman's post was not on the level of Swiftian parody") but it was certainly parody.

Parody: noun: any humorous, satirical, or burlesque imitation, as of a person, event, etc.
In case more clarification is needed: Satire: noun: noun: the use of irony, sarcasm, ridicule, or the like, in exposing, denouncing, or deriding vice, folly, etc

I don't see how Drizzleman's post could not fall under the category of parody, as he was clearly using sarcasm, irony, and ridicule in an attempt to make a humorous, burlesque imitation of Holocaust deniers. That you are the target of such ridicule does not change the fact that it is parody.

*All definitions are from dictionary.com.

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2009, 12:04 am

As much as I am disgusted and horrified by Israel flaunting the horror of the Holocaust to justify its vicious criminal behavior towards a basically helpless people I cannot deny it happened and appreciate that it should not reoccur. I lived through the depression and WWII and remember clearly the misbehavior of the western world towards Jews and black people and other minorities in that time. I do not feel charitable towards those who would dismiss it as an aberrant misremembering. Parody is fully justified.

Concenik
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Apr 2009, 1:59 pm

Orwell wrote:
Concenik wrote:
Orwell wrote:
Quote:

I don't think I tend to make any claims of superiority on the basis of my autism. Would you care to disprove me with a quote?

Re Swift: Yes, I've read some of his stuff. It's not realistic to compare a forum post to Switft (as I said, "Drizzleman's post was not on the level of Swiftian parody") but it was certainly parody.

Parody: noun: any humorous, satirical, or burlesque imitation, as of a person, event, etc.
In case more clarification is needed: Satire: noun: noun: the use of irony, sarcasm, ridicule, or the like, in exposing, denouncing, or deriding vice, folly, etc

I don't see how Drizzleman's post could not fall under the category of parody, as he was clearly using sarcasm, irony, and ridicule in an attempt to make a humorous, burlesque imitation of Holocaust deniers. That you are the target of such ridicule does not change the fact that it is parody.

*All definitions are from dictionary.com.

Yes yes, sorry old boy, I was being a bit of a c*nt at that juncture - nevertheless 'brilliant' is stretching it just a tiny bit. - 'inane' would have been my word of choice *shrugs*

each to their own. btw. I have seen that attitude displayed here - if you haven't, it may be because your immune to it.

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2009, 2:07 pm

Concenik wrote:
nevertheless 'brilliant' is stretching it just a tiny bit. - 'inane' would have been my word of choice *shrugs*

If we bring Swift into it, then by comparison most other satire is inane. I thought it was quite good for a forum post. "Brilliant" is stretching it, though.

Quote:
I have seen that attitude displayed here - if you haven't, it may be because your immune to it.

I see a bit of Aspie supremacism around WP, but it seems to be less prevalent in PPR than in, say, General or Autism Politics, Activism, and Media Representation. Part of why I hang out in PPR more. We had at least one Aspie supremacist fairly recently (Zyborg, I think he called himself) but for the most part such people meet general disapproval in PPR.

Concenik
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Apr 2009, 2:08 pm

Sand wrote:
As much as I am disgusted and horrified by Israel flaunting the horror of the Holocaust to justify its vicious criminal behavior towards a basically helpless people I cannot deny it happened and appreciate that it should not reoccur. I lived through the depression and WWII and remember clearly the misbehavior of the western world towards Jews and black people and other minorities in that time. I do not feel charitable towards those who would dismiss it as an aberrant misremembering. Parody is fully justified.

nice opening caveat though. I see that we're once again mired in the emotional argument and let the facts bob off like butterflies.

what's charity got to do with it? The parody was superfluous, anybody can make a mockery of something they can't handle *shrugs*

I suggest it's better to just look at the facts, emotional arguments and juvenile witticisms aside.

The point is that the history is incorrect and it was exaggerated to facilitate the creation of the very same apartheid state that you have here initially criticised.

Concenik
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Apr 2009, 2:11 pm

Orwell wrote:
Concenik wrote:
nevertheless 'brilliant' is stretching it just a tiny bit. - 'inane' would have been my word of choice *shrugs*

If we bring Swift into it, then by comparison most other satire is inane. I thought it was quite good for a forum post. "Brilliant" is stretching it, though.

Quote:
I have seen that attitude displayed here - if you haven't, it may be because your immune to it.

I see a bit of Aspie supremacism around WP, but it seems to be less prevalent in PPR than in, say, General or Autism Politics, Activism, and Media Representation. Part of why I hang out in PPR more. We had at least one Aspie supremacist fairly recently (Zyborg, I think he called himself) but for the most part such people meet general disapproval in PPR.

Good to know. Apologies again for my rancor.

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2009, 2:20 pm

Concenik wrote:
The point is that the history is incorrect and it was exaggerated to facilitate the creation of the very same apartheid state that you have here initially criticised.

Rejecting mainstream history requires a fair amount of substantial evidence. Undoubtedly you will claim to have such, but the Holocaust really just isn't the most interesting part of history to me and so my response would be to not care about quibbling over whether it was 6 million or 1 million or whatever number. That the Holocaust occurred seems undeniable, so the only thing that could really be disputed is the number. I'm not interested enough in Holocaust history to feel like studying it in depth to establish a particular number. In any case, just say "a lot" and let it end there. :shrug: