Page 148 of 214 [ 3415 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151 ... 214  Next

B19
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2017, 5:58 pm

Darmok wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
While Trump derangement syndrome is real ignoring that the trump phemonenon has completly upended so many things in such a short amount of time is pretty bad also.

Or pretty good, depending on your point of view.

The polarisation between the two factions is so great that no meaningful dialogue can cross that gap. Trump Derangement Syndrome and Trump Adoration Syndrome are operating the same way in PPR, delivering monologues with barbs. No real debate is occuring (or very little). It's more like a war than a debate, with sneering often used as weaponry.

StinkyDog
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

08 Jun 2017, 10:41 pm

So CNN and ABC retracted their fake news, the New York Times is standing by theirs even tho Comey himself said it was almost entirely false.

Comey is a woman scorned, the headline the media is going for is that he's calling Trump a liar because he thought he was doing a good job and that people like him. His revelation about Lynch ordering him to use Clinton campaign rhetoric to down play the criminal investigation was telling in contrast to his refusal to publicly acknowledge Trump was not personally under investigation. He seems to have no respect at all for the chain of command, he kept essentially blackmail material the president. Literally a trail of he said she said notes with the twist of words that he kept to use against the president at a later time, this guy thinks he's J. Edgar Hoover!! ! This is the deep state, it's not a conspiracy!

Not only that but Comey admitted to being a leaker, what did he do different than this Reality Winner(:roll: ) who will be surely going to prison?

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2017, 10:47 pm

B19 wrote:
Darmok wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
While Trump derangement syndrome is real ignoring that the trump phemonenon has completly upended so many things in such a short amount of time is pretty bad also.

Or pretty good, depending on your point of view.

The polarisation between the two factions is so great that no meaningful dialogue can cross that gap. Trump Derangement Syndrome and Trump Adoration Syndrome are operating the same way in PPR, delivering monologues with barbs. No real debate is occuring (or very little). It's more like a war than a debate, with sneering often used as weaponry.

Well the anti trump people are being completely irrational and illogical. They cling to any conspiracy theory no matter how crazy that's anti trump. As someone in the middle I find myself at odds more with them then Angela who's super pro trump.

I support trump and he's dont some weird things but no where near the end of times they claim. No worse then bush, way better then oabama. Better off with him then say rand Paul. Who'd loved to gut the social security. I don't think trump is anti welfare. I don't think he has any real hard stances. He's open to both sides, but they'd rather slander him and leave him with only talking to the right like Paul Ryan.

But the left does this they always have they push people in the middle away. You're with everything they support or your the enemy.

It'll probably cost the democrats more seats in 2018 and the presidency in 2020. Giving the republicans a super majority won't be good.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2017, 11:35 pm

I don't like Trump and I'm neither illogical or irrational.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2017, 11:35 pm

I really don't know who you hang out with to give you the idea that you have centrist politics, Sly. I don't get that impression from your posts.

Trump has one firm stance. His own interests, no matter what.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2017, 11:55 pm

Misslizard wrote:

Are you claiming his annex nazi working for the Russians and should be impeached as he's doomed the world to death by pulling out of the Paris accord ? If not then your not the issue. I've always see no you as reasonable but, confusing

Last edited by sly279 on 09 Jun 2017, 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2017, 12:00 am

jrjones9933 wrote:
I really don't know who you hang out with to give you the idea that you have centrist politics, Sly. I don't get that impression from your posts.

Trump has one firm stance. His own interests, no matter what.

I'm center, cause I support welfare, public education, taxes, but I'm highly pro 2nd amendment and believe in immigration laws.

I'm there full hated by both right and left, and so there fall in the center. This forum is just far more left populated and so I end up speaking more about my issues that traditionally fall under the right. I can think of maybe 4 right leaning members here but hundreds of left leaning. Those 4 can speak for our disagreements on economic issues and welfare.

I believe in a government unable to get anything done. Both sides have horrible plans they want to accomplish. I don't want a republican super majority anymore then I wanted the democrat super majority. Both are terrible for our nation.

You won't see either party wishing to claim me.

Trumps stance is whatever is popular at the time. He's the first president in my lifetime to actually listen to the 100 million gun owners and the law.

Unfortunately, since no one on the left will work with him, he's surrounded by anti welfar, far right politicians. Not that I can blame him. Would you want to surround yourself with people that hate and despise you and constantly compare you to hitler? I wouldn't

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2017, 7:39 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
EzraS wrote:
All of late night comedy is the Donald Trump show.

It is not just late night comedy. I have never in my almost 60 years on this earth seen one person dominate so many peoples thoughts and actions on a continuing basis.

I think people who have an issue with this need to start being honest with themselves that they have an issue with it. Personally I think I'm going to start avoiding Trump threads. I got into these discussions and arguments to test my abilities in debating. But I think maybe it's a little too nutty and probably best for me to discontinue with it. I'll have to think it over.

Last edited by EzraS on 09 Jun 2017, 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2017, 7:41 am

sly279 wrote:
Misslizard wrote:

Are you claiming his annex nazi working for the Russians and should be impeached as he's doomed the world to death by pulling out of the Paris accord ? If not then your not the issue. I've always see no you as reasonable but, confusing

Confusing?If he gets impeached it wouldn't bother me one iota.Yeah,it bothers me he pulled out of the Paris Accord.
We should be leading the world in clean energy,more jobs there than in coal.
I vote climate.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2017, 7:48 am

Isn't more sophisticated cleaner energy and transportation likely to occur as we progress into the 21st century anyways? The stuff people are worrying about is way old fashioned and I think old fashioned is gonna get replaced, climate change crusade or not.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2017, 8:01 am

EzraS wrote:
I think people who have an issue with this need to start being honest with themselves that they have an issue with it. Personally I think I'm going to start avoiding Trump threads. I got into these discussions and arguments to test my abilities in debating. But I think maybe it's a little too nutty and probably best for me to discontinue with it. I'll have to think it over.

I'll admit it. Trump does reinforce certain aspects of my mental problems. Particularly a lack of trust in authority. Because of my history of being let down by society I am predisposed to see its flaws, of which Trump is one. That such a turnip can be leading the former leader of the Western World makes me frustrated with people. Trump to me has become a personification of all that is wrong with people. And his success is salt in the wound.
I am glad I live in Canada, but our proximity to this sinking ship is worrisome.

Learning to debate is fun, but if you don't have a dog in the race it becomes tiresome. I suggest debating about topics in which you do have an interest/viewpoint. And then argue for the view you do not share. It's an interesting exercise.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2017, 8:07 am

EzraS wrote:
Isn't more sophisticated cleaner energy and transportation likely to occur as we progress into the 21st century anyways? The stuff people are worrying about is way old fashioned and I think old fashioned is gonna get replaced, climate change crusade or not.

Wanting clean energy isn't old fashioned,if people weren't concerned we wouldn't be seeing the advances in clean energy that are happening now.New green industries will help the planet and the beings that live on it,and provide new jobs.A win win for all.
You are blessed living where you do,one of the cleaner, more progressive areas in the world.Be thankful you don't reside in a large city in China.Air so thick you can cut it with a knife.

SocOfAutism
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2017, 10:59 am

androbot01 wrote:
I'll admit it. Trump does reinforce certain aspects of my mental problems. Particularly a lack of trust in authority. Because of my history of being let down by society I am predisposed to see its flaws, of which Trump is one. That such a turnip can be leading the former leader of the Western World makes me frustrated with people. Trump to me has become a personification of all that is wrong with people.

I don't feel that way, I like President Trump.

But I DO understand the feeling that I imagine many who do not like him might have. I voted for President Obama twice, because I really liked him and believed in him. Even after the first term, I told myself that maybe he just needed a little more time. He is such an eloquent speaker, and honestly, the way he carries himself like an elegant, modern-day Sidney Poitier doesn't hurt. I wanted to believe in such a leader. But the more I read about what he actually did, allowed, and was involved in, the more sick to my stomach I felt. It really is awful when you don't have confidence in your country's leaders. I DO get that. I think many of us Trump voters really do understand where the anti-Trump people are coming from.

I think it's up to all of us to do some research into the lower ranking people in both parties and start elevating new people who more of us can feel better about.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2017, 11:28 am

Trump has qualities of most of the bullies I have dealt with in my life as well as the uber extrovert/Type A personalities that have flustered me my entire life. So of course I'm predisposed to despise the man. That does not mean I am completly unable to go past my bias and see parralles with authoritarians past and present nor take a look at the situation from a hiring managers point of view and judge his persona completly wrong for the job he holds.

Hillary might have been worse but I really don't care, that matter was decided last year.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

SocOfAutism
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2017, 11:48 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Trump has qualities of most of the bullies I have dealt with in my life as well as the uber extrovert/Type A personalities that have flustered me my entire life. So of course I'm predisposed to despise the man.

Lol, ASPartOfMe, if you met me in real life and didn't know it was me, you wouldn't like me either. I'm like a female Biff Tannen in mom jeans. I have actually been "pre-emptively" bullied by aspie girls who I was trying to be friends with because they didn't believe me that I was interested in the same nerd things they were. They thought I was trying to make fun of them. People say I always look like I'm up to something. Which is just how my face looks. :/

I also have a super-neurotypical trick that I use where I say stupid things so that the other person can feel smart and tell me all about it, which then lets me calculate what they know and how they feel about it. ;)