Page 17 of 105 [ 1680 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 105  Next

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2015, 10:43 am

I just think Mr. David wants to have fun with us.

I'm sure there are many people getting sick of his "iconoclastic, devil's advocate" act.

It's always THE SAME THING OVER AND OVER AGAIN!! !! !! !!

Janissy
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2015, 10:45 am

Oldavid wrote:
Janissy wrote:
Oldavid wrote:
Janissy wrote:
Oldavid wrote:
Your ideological assumption that everything that exists caused itself to exist for no reason is in flagrant contradiction to everywhere observable, and always experimentally demonstrable, what we call science.

Strawman. This assumption has not been made.
Righto, then you accept that something caused everything?

No.
Not making an assumption does not mean defaulting to an opposite assumption.
Then you will need to be more specific about what you do mean.

What I mean is that I make no assumptions about what preceded the Big Bang. Maybe something caused everything. Maybe nothing did. Maybe there was a different universe preceding this one. Maybe something else that I can't conceive. There are various hypotheses that are being floated around by astronomers and physicists but we don't as yet have any specific evidence for before the Big Bang. One theory is that "before" is not a useful concept for thinking about the Big Bang because time didn't exist.

It's ok to say "unknown". Scientists do it all the time.

Oldavid
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2015, 10:53 am

Narrator wrote:
If pejoratives are all I can expect from you, why the hell should I bother? I'm here for discussion. You give me pejoratives.

I could care less that you drink.
Tit for tat, perhaps. Neither you nor your mates have volunteered anything that might be called empirical, or evidential, or philosophical, justification for your ideology.

If you're here for discussion you'd better itemise what is discussible.

Oldavid
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2015, 10:56 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I just think Mr. David wants to have fun with us.

I'm sure there are many people getting sick of his "iconoclastic, devil's advocate" act.

It's always THE SAME THING OVER AND OVER AGAIN!! ! ! ! ! ! !
And you still cant get it. I thought that repetition was the only way to get through to slow learners.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2015, 11:03 am

I wish this thread would evolve some way.

It seems like it's stuck in some kind of rut--almost like a "broken record" on a turntable record player.

The only way proof could be obtained that God/gods/etc exist is if the God/gods/etc reveals Him/Her/Itself to a person or person.

Alas, it's still a subjective impression, so there could never be "scientific" proof that God/gods/etc. exists--

Unless the God/gods/etc reveals Him/Her/Itself to all of us.

Oldavid
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2015, 11:17 am

Janissy wrote:
Oldavid wrote:
Janissy wrote:
Oldavid wrote:
Janissy wrote:
Oldavid wrote:
Your ideological assumption that everything that exists caused itself to exist for no reason is in flagrant contradiction to everywhere observable, and always experimentally demonstrable, what we call science.

Strawman. This assumption has not been made.
Righto, then you accept that something caused everything?

No.
Not making an assumption does not mean defaulting to an opposite assumption.
Then you will need to be more specific about what you do mean.

What I mean is that I make no assumptions about what preceded the Big Bang. Maybe something caused everything. Maybe nothing did. Maybe there was a different universe preceding this one. Maybe something else that I can't conceive. There are various hypotheses that are being floated around by astronomers and physicists but we don't as yet have any specific evidence for before the Big Bang. One theory is that "before" is not a useful concept for thinking about the Big Bang because time didn't exist.

It's ok to say "unknown". Scientists do it all the time.
Real scientists do not substitute "unknown" for some presumed "certainty" that is demonstrably impossible.

That you sanctimoniously allow that you don't know what preceded the "Big Bang" only implies to the naïve and credulous that you know that there was a "Big Bang". There are more "hypotheses" about the presumed "Bang" than you could shake a stick at. None more credible than the story of Peter Pan.

This is painful for me........... I need stronger drink.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2015, 11:18 am

How about some good old-fashioned Tennessee Moonshine?

Oldavid
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2015, 11:36 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I wish this thread would evolve some way.
If you would like it to evolve into a "yes-man" for a belligerent nonsense . . . . sorry, my job description does not explicitly require brain dead. In fact, my job description requires the exact opposite... "put your arse into gear and use your brains".

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2015, 11:39 am

I just hope you don't go on trains/buses and yell brimstone.

I'm a non-violent person--but when these preachers yell, I feel like putting a stop to it by any means necessary.

We use our brains when we feel like an idea is something to argue about.

To constantly reiterate the same thing over and over again can get irritating.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2015, 12:11 pm

I think some Autistic Folks are natural Devil's advocates BUT NOT cunning Devil's advocates like me, HE he!..;)

Autism for many folks is an EXTREMELY RIGID WAY OF THINKING.

In fact, some research suggests that SOME FOLKS with Autism have hemispheres of brain that do not fully communicate with each other.

It is almost like there is a missing half in a whole.

Now to be clear.. other than THE OBVIOUS rigid thinking thingy.. this is not directed personally at David, as I cannot see the inner workings of his brain, and even scientific tools do not give the full answer on that hypothesis.

However, at least for me, it makes a great deal of sense, as eventually in middle-age it was a like a huge conduit of transfer of ANALYTICAL and EMOTIONAL LANGUAGE IS opened up in my mind, drastically changing my personality from introvert to fearless extrovert; YES, a people person in real life that people come up to and admire and even express love to, to my great surprise, and yes enjoyment to, for the art of dance I have developed in REAL LIFE, now over 17 months, since my long shut-in illness of 5 years.

THAT'S A MIRACLE, A REAL LIFE MIRACLE, AS up to age 53, I had to watch my wife or someone else walk next to me when I accompany them, to even feel comfortable walking in my own skin.

There was definitely some defect in my brain and/or environmental influence causing this, and science may never know what it is but the empirical evidence now shows I amaze people with my physical abilities to move now in real life, enough, where they refer to me as a legend of dance, awesome, boss of dance, MVP of dance, inspiration of dance; getting selfies with me like an autograph, with hundreds of young folks asking for a selfie with me to post on social networking sites, like a frigging autograph from me.

Yes, life is much more fun this way, as dance is like breathing air for me now, as I move with the balance of a butterfly on land. And yes, videos available for PROOF ON REQUEST. :)

AND I JUST pressed 930LBS WITH my legs in Nautilus Parallel Leg Press maxed out to twenty-45LB plates with the last two teetering half way off the bar, technically 90LBS beyond the capacity of the machine, and approximately 30LBS for the weight of the machine mechanism I am lifting now for 12 reps, added in with that 900LBS to make 930LBS.

And yes of course, as I have provided here already, proof available in living color for all 12 reps a couple of months ago, when I was at 810 LBS plus 30 for 840LBS total lifting power.

See what I just did, although, I have overcome the reciprocal social communication difficulties of Autism, by muting long monologues like this by observing the reactions of other folks in real time in real life, I feel free to carry on with that part of my nature here, knowing there are some folks like me who read extremely fast, with a Hyperlexic form of Autism who will be interested in what I read, IF their special Interest is human potential.

If NOT, it just annoys them and that is THE NATURE OF THE BEAST OF AUTISM, and I find it amusing when people complain I am exhibiting text book behaviors of Autism here, even moderators, in the past, and ask me to cease and desist being Autistic.

Seriously that is CRAZY AMUSING for me BUT it is the Nature of the Beast of Autism, as if they do not experience Autism the way I DO experience Autism, it does not exist to them, as SOME FOLKS WITH Autism have extreme problems with Cognitive Empathy, where they cannot see anyone perceiving life different than they do.

I for one, have extreme abilities in cognitive empathy assessed by professionals, so I see a much bigger world here in the ways of theory of mind, than at least SOME OTHER FOLKS DO, on the spectrum here, and that is what science shows about Autism so far, per general deficits in cognitive empathy, with overwhelming evidence, to date.

It's scary to have moderators like that here, as they have little clue what the full spectrum of Autism is, and innately and environmentally it's not likely their fault, at all.

And to be clear I no longer see that documented HISTORICAL REALITY here, per moderators getting mad for folks just displaying Autistic behavior, like posting a topic and not reciprocating communication.

I MEAN Duh, the basic definition of Autism.

MY FOCUS on philosophy per special interest is the esoteric and how the esoteric of philosophy meets the science of the human body in mind and body balance.

And my focus also is that mind and body balance out of balance is the environmental, and perhaps innate factor, for my Autism OVERCOME BY EPIGENETICS, through challenge overcome by adaptation in my environment, which I consider a force of Human Nature and Nature in general that I equate with GOD as ALL THAT IS.

Many other philosophers AND Scientists throughout history have done the similar with this Nature is GOD ideology, including Einstein and that so-called dude named Jesus, in the Gnostic Gospel of Thomas, supposedly censored from New Testament Lore.

DAVID is just expressing his Autistic self in his philosophy and science of life, and that is not unusual at all.

Perhaps, many Autistic people like that are afraid to even post here, as they will face the wrath of their 'intellectual superiors'.

And they ARE afraid, as I have received PM's from them in the past that shows this environment was neither a fair one or tolerable one for most people on the Spectrum here before.

I tolerate David well, as I understand he is Autistic.

I suppose he may have been bullied very much in life, and he is returning that favor to folks who are NOT BULLYING HIM NOW.

AND TO BE CLEAR 'MAY', AS I do not really know for sure.

However, modern science shows in research that for those 50 percent or so of Autistic folks who have been bullied in life, they are 2 to 3 times or MORE, more likely to go on and bully other folks in some kind of way.

And verbal bullying is bullying, through the device of mocking the integrity, ethics, or intelligence of other folks, in what David IS DOING HERE, time and time again.

I'm not sure though that he CAN EVEN RECOGNIZE THAT.

AND OTHER FOLKS ARE DOING IT TOO, AND DOING IT TO OTHER FOLKS WHO THEY CONSIDER THEIR INTELLECTUAL INFERIORS.

But FOLKS, I WILL YOU TELL YOU THIS, from the hard knocks of life, EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE IS MUCH MORE IMPORTANT THAN science OR REASON, IN COLD HARD FACTS.

And that is the kind of intelligence when practiced well, as a real intelligence in life, where there is NEVER EVER THE NEED TO BULLY SOMEONE ELSE, BY INTENTION.

IT MAKES ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE TO BULLY SOMEONE ELSE, WHEN ONE IS CONFIDENT AND LOVE THEMSELVES AS IS, AND CAN REGULATE EMOTION THAT SCIENCE shows is driven now by physical intelligence that ALSO drives sensory integration, AND executive cognitive functioning that includes short term working memory and focus. And GO FIGURE, ALL CLINICAL ASPECTS OF AUTISM that I have cured through that very same thing.

THIS IS AND CAN BE, A GREAtest lesson of all in life, for many folks these days, who have little to no centered being per emotional and intellectual balance in MIND AND BODY BALANCE.

YEAH, I'M STILL DOING THE RRB THINGY TOO..;)

But never the less, to understand HOW AND WHY PEOPLE THINK DIFFERENTLY AND EXPRESS THEMSELVES DIFFERENTLY CAN BE A PATH TO PEACE, AS KEY TO more effective reciprocal social communication, IN REAL LIFE.

THIS IS A SUPPORT SITE, SO PRACTICE SHOULD BE ALLOWED. :)

The key is, just let their opinions be, respond like Jannisy does well, if one likes or can, without negative con-social emotions, AND LIKE THE ICE PRINCESS ON FROZEN SAYS, just let all the con-social emotions go, and focus ON THE POSITIVE LIGHT OF PRO-SOCIAL EMOTIONS IN LIFE AND REALLY GO GREAT PLACES IN LIFE.

It works for me BIG TIME, AS EVIDENCED AS SUCH, BIG TIME. ;)

And it shouldn't be too surprising if NOone changes any at all, HERE, as a result of all these ENCOURAGING WORDS..

OR even affirms they exist.

"IT'S THE NATURE OF THE BEAST", AND TRULY THAT'S 'NUFF SAID......

TO TOLERATE THE BEAST IS THE CHALLENGE, AND TO accept the beast can be divine.....;)

Just consider this a revelation, if one can or will..;)

HA! ha!.. just fun.. no pun.. intended.... on that last line or so.... OR NOT....;)

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

Janissy
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2015, 12:17 pm

Oldavid wrote:
Real scientists do not substitute "unknown"...

scientists say "unknown" al the time
Quote:
for some presumed "certainty" that is demonstrably impossible.

if you mean the Big Bang, that's not demonstrably impossible

Quote:
That you sanctimoniously allow that you don't know what preceded the "Big Bang" only implies to the naïve and credulous that you know that there was a "Big Bang". There are more "hypotheses" about the presumed "Bang" than you could shake a stick at. None more credible than the story of Peter Pan.

but "let there be light?" is credible and has evidence? It's poetic but the Bible isn't evidence

Quote:
This is painful for me........... I need stronger drink.

oh well

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2015, 1:54 pm

My friend....I'm glad those plates did not fall off the bar...otherwise, perhaps no more latter-day Walt Whitman.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2015, 2:47 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
My friend....I'm glad those plates did not fall off the bar...otherwise, perhaps no more latter-day Walt Whitman.

Thanks for the concern friend.

And here is a video of one short slow rep. of the twelve I did further illustrated in high def. photos in the comments section of the Youtube video.

It was highly amusing to me, as the female attendant exclaims holy sh**, as she couldn't believe this 54 year old dude could do THAT. ;)

IN this video there are 9-45LB weights on each side for a total 18 at the 810LB plus 30LB machine mechanism full weight for 840LBS.

AND OF note, if you have speakers on your computers and turn them up, you can hear my unusual powering animal sound that is close to a Gorilla, in my continuing attempts to un-domesticate the stronger part of my animal nature.

More interesting is that SOME folks with Tourette's syndrome commonly make animal grunting noises AS this involuntary response to a dopamine imbalance that is a source causal factor Tourette's increases dopamine through the action of the involuntary grunt. So there is science in the Martial Arts primal animal sound for STRENGTH, TOO. :)

And yes, I was a rather innately fragile male specimen, at birth and in youth, WITH little to no muscle tone, so this is an experiment in epigenetics to unpack genetic potential, with this extreme environmental challenge and adaptation.

BUT to make a much longer potential story shorter, the two additional weights that are balanced a little less than half way over the edge of the bar that are actually made out of urethane only potentially threaten the special floor designed to take the impact of dropped weights from power lifting. :)

I enjoy my life, and take no undue risks.

In fact, considering I have an innate congenital abnormality weakness of potential life ending injury by way of congenitally fused T-6 vertebrae, this is the only FREE WEIGHT EXERCISE, I do now, as it is controlled below the upper spine.

I am able to lift the max weight on almost all the other safe nautilus controlled movement machines, including 210 LBS with arms and 209 LBS with neck but they are safest machines available to build strength, and after using them since age 21 to make this innately fragile male specimen stronger, I have never been injured using these machines.

But free weights are a different story, as I used them at age 12 to age 21, with several chronic injuries through movements that were not controlled like they are on Nautilus machines. :)

Well, anyway, as you can probably more than see, this is a lifelong special interest of mine, as the last kid picked up on sports team, or the proverbial 99LB weakling that was always much stronger than he looked, and still is, even at 233LBS now of illustrated muscle in nude male renaissance self art. :)

Leg Pressing 930LBS is like leg pressing 3 college 300LB linebackers doped on steroids.

Considering that I have naturally low occurring levels of testosterone, as low as a 75 year old man at my last check up at the doctors office at 277, she has literally No EXPLANATION OF HOW I DO IT.

HOWEVER, SINCE SCIENCE now shows that listening to electronic rave music increases levels of Human Growth Hormone, all natural, and considering that I spend hours everyday listening to it and dancing to it, at over 3000 miles now and going stronger, I personally think the clue is there, although my insurance will not cover testing for that on my personal hypothesis, ha HA!

But anyway, truly it is incredible to both move like a butterfly on terrestrial earth, and leg press 930LBS with one's legs.

I truly and humbly feel like Super Man on earth when I move, and truly considering it's all documented now like empirical science through my own efforts, this is no woo, this is true.. :)

And more amazing is the 19 documented medical illnesses that have ALL NOW DISAPPEARED SINCE SHUT-IN ILLNESS FOR FIVE YEARS, WHERE JUST raising my hands over my head after eating a meal or attempting to walk around the block, almost made me pass out, per the condition of Dysautonomia that the doctors say is an innate condition I always had THAT my lifelong interest of exercise accommodated until my other illnesses and total human exhaustion from years of chronic stress PUT ME DOWN HARD.

WHEN I first made my recovery, and it is still documented on this site, when I was lifting 500LBS with my legs, I stated there was no limit of what I could do in the future, relatively speaking.

And I have already exceeded my wildest imagination in just 17 months.

AND THERE IS MORE TO COME.

MARK MY WORDS..:)

AND YEAH, that my friend is well beyond what science understands now, alone.

The power of the 'Human Quantum Mind' unleashed is the STUFF OF HUMAN LEGEND.

AND I'VE already met that standard in my Metro Area, if I die today.

And who knows, I could live for centuries, after, in that VIRTUAL WAY..;)

And honestly with con-social emotions of Pride, Jealousy, Envy, Illusory fear, or Hate and all that goes with THAT I COULD NEVER DO ANY OF THIS.

NO MATTER WHO SAID IT, when it says in the New Testament that people will come and do far more than Jesus did IT Is TRUE, in a metaphorical way, realizing that some of the myths are JUST THAT.. MYTHS.

AND HISTORY shows THAT over and over and over..

Again..

For the folks who continue to be CRAZY ENOUGH TO EXPLORE HUMAN POTENTIAL, no matter WHAT THE NAYSAYERS DO AND SAY...

AND MORE AMAZING IS TO PROVIDE THE DOCUMENTED evidence of IT.

There will be far more amazing things to come, and there already is, far more amazing stuff than what I can do with human potential that already is documented, historically as such, like Jack LaLanne, swimming towing 17 boats in his 60's at a relatively diminutive 5 foot 6 inches, and much less than 200LBS.

Honestly, that's all that the Gnostic Gospel of Thomas, so-called Jesus is saying, in my opinion, overall, per human relative free will and amazing partners with Nature for human potential in BLISS IN THE HEAVEN OF NOW....

He could of worked for Nike.

JUST DO IT. ;)

'And all will be revealed'

That's a metaphor too, by a way....;)

OH AND by another way, I can put myself in a Theta BRAIN WAVE State of awareness between waking and sleeping LUCID CREATIVE DREAM-TIME through trance dance, almost immediately, and I do the same right before I lift 930LBS now 12 TIMES, to create the power of the body in balance with the TRUE 'QUANTUM' POWER OF THE HUMAN MIND.

THE new guys in the gym, think I've gone nuts, UNTIL THEY SEE THE RESULTS.

AND AGAIN, more to come.. but i'll have to find a new machine to PRESS MORE WEIGHT WITH MY LEGS, of which none exist now, per parallel leg press machine in my ENTIRE METRO AREA.

'TO BOLDY GO WHERE NO MAN HAS GONE BEFORE'

IT'S not my CONSCIOUS goal but I aim to JUST DO IT, ANYWAY, AS perfection of PRACTICE. :)

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

Narrator
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2015, 6:24 pm

Oldavid wrote:
Narrator wrote:
David, do you know the problem in trying to discuss these things with you? The problem is this - when we attempt to respond, you don't discuss our replies, other than to mock them.

I love to learn and I would love to have a conversation with you on causality and entropy, but you just don't let it happen. You would rather mock than discuss. Knowing this is what I can expect, I stopped participating with you, almost before we even got started.

But what I really want to know is, why do you pursue these topics with us if you're not interested in discussing them? Is your only purpose here to mock "the 'Spergics?"
I suppose I would be intimidated by your sanctimonious and patronising con-job except that I didn't come down in the last shower. Look, Cobber, I bin wooed by Orange People, J.W.'s, Mormons, 7th Day Adventists, Scientologists, every shade of Wesleyites, Theosophists, Freemasons, Modernists, and every nebulous shade of Agnostic to Atheist... and probably more I don't remember. If they didn't come looking for me, I went looking for them.

Go ahead... I've been willing to discuss causality and entropy ever since I discovered that there might be other misfits "out there" who don't just "run with the fashion" to be judged "normal".

Anyhow, why would one not mock nonscience? I started off very gently inviting intelligent responses and all that was forthcoming was Dawkinsian evasion and derision. You're still at it. I think you should stick to selling Snake Oil... there seem to be many willing "customers" (suckers) out there wanting to be absolved of their perversity on the grounds of "evolutionary inevitability".

I have no intention to be judged more normal than normal by running ahead of the normal and reducing normal to more and more normal degradation.

But, of course, in evolutionary "philosophy", everything that came after what was before is "ipso facto" better than its precedent. I'm sure I'm wasting my time here.

I spent decades running with the pack - the Christian pack. I'm not so easily wooed either now, and align myself with no group, let alone have a need to find a proxy for "normal." I enjoy Dawkins, the same as I enjoy Monty Python. There's a certain amount I agree with from both, but I don't swallow all of it from either, or from anyone. And at the same time, both are very entertaining.

It's like when I believed in intelligent design, which I came to on my own. I didn't even know there was an intelligent design cabal outside my own thinking. But when I was lumped in with the ID people, I was appalled. It's like a Presbyterian being lumped in with Pentecostals.

As for being sanctimonious, I'm trying to get you to quit hurling insults and just have a discussion. When you are ready to do that, I'm ready to have that discussion with you. But the more I ask it of you, the more sanctimonious and pejorative you get, which tells me one thing - you are either incapable of being civil or your intent here is to use us as a dart board for whatever grieves you. Do we deserve that?

You cannot seriously be interested in science if all you are willing to do is hurl insults at everyone. That's the worst kind of nonscience - the kind that says, I'm right and you're so wrong you're all idiots. Sorry, I'm not buying into that kind of discussion.

I'm sorry that you feel you have to be that way. But it's not our problem that you are.

And a blank look rarely means a blank mind.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2015, 6:40 pm

If David starts discussing things without insults, we could buy him a bourbon or a vermouth.

Narrator
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2015, 6:58 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
If David starts discussing things without insults, we could buy him a bourbon or a vermouth.

hmmm.. hope springs eternal hey :P

And a blank look rarely means a blank mind.