Page 175 of 214 [ 3415 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178 ... 214  Next

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2017, 10:20 pm

SLY, i have no problem with you disagreeing. it was your use of white nationalist talking points that caused me to question you.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2017, 10:25 pm

i have not read the current flavor of this thread, so i am probably off current topic, but on australian news, we saw some presentations of wall sections by different companies.

i personally like the ....oh geez how can i describe it? the one with the tubular capping, but the capping has to be tapered so that it curves to the wall on both sides so grappling hooks can not be used.

but what is to stop people just using "cherry pickers" to lift them to a height where they can jump over.
i suppose they would die from the fall distance without some sort of cushioning on the other side.

i have quickly now thought of a way around that.

use truck mounted cranes to lift buses full of people over the wall and place them on the other side.

there would have to be a service road built coast to coast to maintain the wall, and also travel to incursions in a timely manner.

but i guess they would still be intercepted if the entire wall was under cctv surveillance.

depending on the line of sight points from coast to coast, that may require thousands of camera's and if you employ people to sit at each display screen all day every day, it would be a mind numbing task.

so write recognition programs that discount birds, and then maybe alerts could direct a single persons attention to the offending location.

but then you are always putting out spot fires because america has no jurisdiction over mexican territory, they would not be able to confiscate the crane or destroy it without it becoming a diplomatic incident.

so i propose the wall be built 10 miles north of the american /mexican border, so that approaching vehicles who's intent is incursion can be eliminated without those diplomatic tensions arising.

how many towns are located right at the border though?
how much would it cost to relocate every displaced person within 10 miles north of the border?

hmmmm....

anyway that's over there, and i gave it a few minutes of thought when i saw the wall design submissions, but i suppose i can not be bothered to further consider it since it is not a game i am playing.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2017, 10:27 pm

b9 wrote:
i have not read the current flavor of this thread, so i am probably off current topic, but on australian news, we saw some presentations of wall sections by different companies.

i personally like the ....oh geez how can i describe it? the one with the tubular capping, but the capping has to be tapered so that it curves to the wall on both sides so grappling hooks can not be used.

but what is to stop people just using "cherry pickers" to lift them to a height where they can jump over.
i suppose they would die from the fall distance without some sort of cushioning on the other side.

use truck mounted cranes to lift buses full of people over the wall and place them on the other side.

there would have to be a service road built coast to coast to maintain the wall, and also travel to incursions in a timely manner.

but i guess they would still be intercepted if the entire wall was under cctv surveillance.

depending on the line of sight points from coast to coast, that may require thousands of camera's and if you employ people to sit at each display screen all day every day, it would be a mind numbing task.

so write recognition programs that discount birds, and then maybe alerts could direct a single persons attention to the offending location.

but then you are always putting out spot fires because america has no jurisdiction over mexican territory, they would not be able to confiscate the crane or destroy it without it becoming a diplomatic incident.

so i propose the wall be built 10 miles north of the american /mexican border, so that approaching vehicles who's intent is incursion can be eliminated without those diplomatic tensions arising.

how much would it cost to relocate every displaced person within 10 miles north of the border?

hmmmm....

anyway that's over there, and i gave it a few minutes of thought when i saw the wall design submissions, but i suppose i can not be bothered to further consider it since it is not a game i am playing.

the only thing the wall will effectively be is a monument to racism.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2017, 11:58 pm

B19 wrote:
A real scandal to get excited about: the appointment of Wilbur Ross. Much more interesting than the Trump sideshows "look over there not at me" currently occupying the minds of his true believers.

I figured it was all about excitement.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2017, 12:03 am

cathylynn wrote:
b9 wrote:

hmmmm....

the only thing the wall will effectively be is a monument to racism.

Massive illegal immigration would be just as much of a problem if we bordered the Balkans.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2017, 12:16 am

it is such a secure luxury to have no borders with any other country as we do in australia.

everyone who tries to get here is bound to a very long seafaring trip in boats that are seen on radar and travelling at a speed where they can't get near us without interception.

but then you have the refugee question which is not my domain of consideration.

but really, they are refugees from a shithouse situation which their kind engenders everywhere they go.
they may want a new start, but their old genetic habits rear their heads and start to erode the lands they arrive in just like the centuries of generations of that type did to their country of origin which they are fleeing from.

but i do make exceptions for refugees from persecution.
if they die if they are sent back, then we have to keep them.

but economic refugees will fill every flourishing niche available in the world and bleed them dry with unbridled breeding if allowed.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2017, 12:29 am

b9 wrote:
it is such a secure luxury to have no borders with any other country as we do in australia.

everyone who tries to get here is bound to a very long seafaring trip in boats that are seen on radar and travelling at a speed where they can't get near us without interception.

but then you have the refugee question which is not my domain of consideration.

but really, they are refugees from a shithouse situation which their kind engenders everywhere they go.
they may want a new start, but their old genetic habits rear their heads and start to erode the lands they arrive in just like the centuries of generations of that type did to their country of origin which they are fleeing from.

but i do make exceptions for refugees from persecution.
if they die if they are sent back, then we have to keep them.

but economic refugees will fill every flourishing niche available in the world and bleed them dry with unbridled breeding if allowed.

?!?!?!?!

b9
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2017, 12:33 am

cathylynn wrote:
b9 wrote:

?!?!?!?!

i suppose you find that offensive.
everyone has a right to live and so that is why i made exceptions for persecuted refugees.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2017, 2:40 am

Where will the orgulus Trump be in a year's time?

B19
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2017, 2:45 am

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2017, 3:34 am

He'll be on for at least another three seasons. Stock up on popcorn.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2017, 3:37 am

B19 wrote:

any answer that isn't "nobody knows" is wrong.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2017, 4:23 am

What about "god only knows"?

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2017, 4:24 am

eh, i can take that too :nerdy:

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2017, 4:50 am

I think in ancient times Donald Trump would have been worshiped as a god.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2017, 2:25 pm

More out-and-proud racism from the Klan wing of the Democratic Party, upset that some of their boys have wandered off the plantation:

WHY ARE ALL THE CONSERVATIVE LOUDMOUTHS IRISH-AMERICAN?

Just as they used to play an outsize role in the Democratic Party’s apparatus, and in organized labor, putative Irishmen are now the face of the hard Right.

Once the biggest names, faces, and voices on television were Huntley and Brinkley, Cronkite, Murrow, even John Chancellor and Dan Rather, all sober, serious Americans—and all Protestants too.

Now we have angry loudmouths with names like O’Reilly, Hannity, Buchanan, and, lurking back there with his Cheshire smile, the dissolute but scary Bannon.

Yet no one has noticed this obvious fact, and the sheer lack of attention may be the most important thing about it. Why has the ascent of a bunch of people who in an earlier period might have been called Micks drawn no notice at all?

And that was published in Newsweek.
http://www.newsweek.com/why-are-all-con ... can-691691

There Are Four Lights!