Page 3 of 13 [ 194 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13  Next

Which GOP hopeful do you think will be hardest to defeat in the 2016 elections?
Donald Trump 23%  23%  [ 19 ]
Scott Walker 8%  8%  [ 7 ]
Rand Paul 19%  19%  [ 16 ]
Lindsey Graham 4%  4%  [ 3 ]
Chris Christie 7%  7%  [ 6 ]
Rick Perry 2%  2%  [ 2 ]
Mike Huckabee 2%  2%  [ 2 ]
George Pataki 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Marco Rubio 14%  14%  [ 12 ]
Someone Else Entirely 19%  19%  [ 16 ]
Total votes : 84

Rockymtnchris
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

07 Aug 2015, 1:18 pm

Neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 125 of 200
Neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 93 of 200

RAADS:
Total score-161.0 Language-18.0 Social relatedness-69.0 Sensory/motor-39.0

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

07 Aug 2015, 3:46 pm

AntDog
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2015, 9:56 pm

So much for being former CEO of a tech company. :roll:

Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2015, 1:18 am

HP was mega failing before she was hired to take the fall, she did what the HP numbers said, stock price down by half, missed the tech boat, fold the company or cut everything that can be cut.

After she did what had to be done, and turned toward the Board for restructuring, rebuilding, they fired her.

No one wanted to buy HP, they got in this mess overpaying for declining tech companies, good ideas are not for sale, they can get VC funds and build great companies.

A lot of the layoffs were just in time to be hired by Apple.

IBM did the same in the 70s, cut back to salesmen in suits selling mainframes, and the people they fired produced the personal computer.

Don't blame the gravedigger for the death.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2015, 2:03 pm

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/08/ ... ce=twitter

Quote:
Donald Trump continued to defy the laws of political gravity on Monday as a Reuters/Ipsos poll found the real estate mogul holding onto a wide lead among Republicans in the U.S. presidential race despite an acerbic debate and a feud with a female television anchor that have bolstered charges of sexism.

Trump led the party's 17-strong 2016 presidential field with the backing of 24 percent of Republican voters, unchanged from before Thursday's televised debate.

His closest rival, former Florida Governor Jeb Bush, trails at 12 percent, down from 17 percent before the debate. No other candidate earned more than 8 percent in the online poll, conducted between the end of the debate and Sunday.

The reality television star has been under intense criticism for caustic comments about Fox News anchor Megyn Kelly during and after the debate, and was disinvited from a weekend gathering of conservative activists in Georgia after he said Kelly, who helped moderate the debate, had "blood coming out of her wherever."

Despite Trump's outsider appeal, he fares no better against Democratic front-runner Hillary Clinton than other Republican candidates. In a head-to-head match-up, Clinton would beat Trump by 43 percent to 29 percent, the poll found. Clinton would beat other Republican candidates such as Bush, Florida Senator Marco Rubio and Texas Senator Ted Cruz by similar margins.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2015, 9:37 am

I just did the GOP strawpoll. My three were Carson, Rubio, and Fiorina.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

glebel
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2015, 11:54 am

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
I just did the GOP strawpoll. My three were Carson, Rubio, and Fiorina.

I can definitely agree on Fiorina. She is looking better and better to me. Look for the liberals to start assassinating her character.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2015, 11:58 am

@techstepgenr8tion: Well, where's the link, so we can ALL participate?

Carson Gets Boost, in Iowa

I just watched "Meet the Press", and I think the Iowa polls showed Trump, at 23%, and Carson, at 12%----which puts Carson, in second place. Jeb was at 9%, I think.

Also, Chuck Todd did a "Man on the Street"-type thing, and almost EVERYBODY said they didn't want another Clinton, or Bush.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2015, 12:49 pm

For now my 3 votes are Mike Huckabee, Rick Perry, Scott Walker.
Basically irrelevant since none of them will even get close to the whitehouse.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2015, 1:19 pm

Campin_Cat wrote:
@techstepgenr8tion: Well, where's the link, so we can ALL participate?

The only reason I won't is that they want donation money for taking the poll and I think it's in really poor taste.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

16 Aug 2015, 2:53 pm

Oh, I thought this was going to be a poll for checking your positions on the issues and stuff and seeing who you most closely resemble.

Do any of them favour abortion and same sex marriage? Because to be honest, if they don't, I can't see them having much chance in an election. Railing against things that the crucial voters are in favour of is rarely a vote winner.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2015, 8:04 am

The_Walrus wrote:
Do any of them favour abortion and same sex marriage? Because to be honest, if they don't, I can't see them having much chance in an election. Railing against things that the crucial voters are in favour of is rarely a vote winner.

Oh, MY----I strongly disagree!! In THIS country, most Republicans are against abortion and same-sex marriages, and people vote for THEM, all-the-time!!

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

17 Aug 2015, 9:35 am

Campin_Cat wrote:
The_Walrus wrote:

Oh, MY----I strongly disagree!! In THIS country, most Republicans are against abortion and same-sex marriages, and people vote for THEM, all-the-time!!

This isn't choosing a State Senator, this is the president, sorry for not making that clear. The president is decided by a few thousand people in Ohio, Florida, Colorado, and so forth. They're not the hardcore social conservatives who elect people like Huckabee. Even in 2010, Rubio couldn't get a majority in Florida, and that state has become much more socially liberal since (it's legalised gay marriage, for example).

Romney was pretty much as appealing to moderates as a social conservative can be, but still lost comfortably. What chance do hardcore conservatives have if he can't win?

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2015, 10:15 am

How conservative or liberal the country is goes in ebbs and flows, gay marriage is accepted as the law of the land by the vast majority to the point that I think it is dead as an issue so now the narrative turns to religious liberty which is a much different argument emotionally and sometimes you can be a victim of your own success. The narrative right now is against abortion with these Planned Parenthood revelations, that is how the debate is framed. A lot can change by election day, you have the issues but its also popularity contest and battle of personalities.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2015, 11:59 am

Campin_Cat wrote:
The_Walrus wrote:

They still dont like abortion and SSM but mainstream conservatives are seeing them as a lost causes best quietly forgotten about in favor of more immediate issues.

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

17 Aug 2015, 3:22 pm

Raptor wrote:
Campin_Cat wrote:
The_Walrus wrote:

They still dont like abortion and SSM but mainstream conservatives are seeing them as a lost causes best quietly forgotten about in favor of more immediate issues.

Scott Walker's the mainstream non-Bush candidate, right? He was doing interviews about his desire to pass a constitution amendment banning gay marriage as recently as a month ago.

I feel quite sorry for moderate Republicans, they just don't have anyone who represents them. Well, except Clinton.