Page 25 of 105 [ 1680 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 105  Next

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2015, 6:05 pm

badgerface wrote:
"It's good to have an open mind, but not so open that your brain falls out..."

Yes.. a mind can be a beautiful thing to lose.. on occasion.. but only with a trust for return..:)

And by that i simply mean meditation.. the trance of free style dance.. or whatever creatively frees one's mind into feeling pro-social emotions and or other sensory feelings in regulation and integration.. yes.. freely.. without annoying little thoughts..:)

But of course a return to the verbal mind is a requirement for more concrete thinking for rules and order to get by in life.. in an increasingly complex cultural organism of many human minds....working together as is.. for whatever works now...;)

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

DentArthurDent
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2015, 9:26 pm

I agree.

It is also good to be able to read your post. Normally I just scroll past your words to the next post.

"Religion is the impotence of the human mind to deal with occurrences it cannot understand" Karl Marx

Oldavid
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2015, 9:42 pm

Janissy wrote:
Oldavid wrote:
Let's begin (again) with empirical evidence. It is evidence from observation and experiment. Simple!
I have, to the limit of my patience and endurance, already shown that "Evolutionary Materialism" is philosophically, physically, chemically, biologically, mathematically impossible according to all the empirical evidence that ever has been, or is now, available.

You have done no such thing. All you've done is repeat over and over that something that doesn't exist can't cause itself to exist per the Big Bang. But you don't know that. You just assume that because you haven't observed it here on earth (although people with a better understanding of quantum physics than mine- which is a low bar- are showing that maybe that's not true). But who knows what happened before the Big Bang? You don't and I don't. Applying the label "God" to what happened does not increase your understanding. It just gives the illusion that you've figured it out.
Oh dear! Round and round again.

There is absolutely no more "empirical evidence" for any "Big Bang" than there is evidence that CO2 and N2 ever could or did turn themselves into a Man. The "BB" is "made of" exactly the same kind of fanciful conjecture as Darwinism. Mere assumptions made to suit an ideology. That it can be demonstrated that "Black Holes", "Singularities" and so on are physically and mathematically impossible will be of no concern to the ideologists because such conflict automatically renders such evidence as inadmissible, irrelevant or non-existent. Offering the evidence to anyone determined to ignore it or dismiss it out of hand is an exercise in futility.

Proving the necessity of an uncaused First Cause is very basic reasoning and logic... entirely incomprehensible to a mind bogged in its own ideological prejudice.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2015, 10:22 pm

I actually don't believe there will be a "first cause" or a "last cause."

I believe in Infinity.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2015, 10:33 pm

Aghogday is Walt Whitman reincarnated!

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2015, 11:16 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I actually don't believe there will be a "first cause" or a "last cause."

I believe in Infinity.

Me too..innately.. intuitively.. and instinctually i know this too... and i am trying to teach this too.. to Stephen Hawking as well.. but that's likely impossible too.. but with infinity anything is possible too...:)

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2015, 11:19 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Aghogday is Walt Whitman reincarnated!

Perhaps we all are in A way....;)

But any way.. with due humility and about two years of free verse poetry underneath my skin.. that's quite a compliment.. and thank you very much..:)!

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2015, 11:34 pm

DentArthurDent wrote:
I agree.

It is also good to be able to read your post. Normally I just scroll past your words to the next post.

I write at least 30 poems today.. in free verse form.. over three thousand words in effort.. over a period of a few hours.. with caps in tow here and there.. as part of an International online poet's club or pub.. as it is referred to as dVerse Poet's Pub.. so i guess my caps finger is tired..;)

But never the less...

THANK YOU. ;)

To excel at anything requires practice.. practice.. practice.. and more practice.. and my environment for practice can be almost anywhere with both poetry and dance.. and song..as well...:)

And truly as history shows there haven't been too many innovative Artists.. who have not faced resistance to the change they offer.. along the way...

Science and Art.. is a fabulous MIX TO ME..named Philosophy..AND free verse Poetry.. to me.. as well...

And it is rare that anyone adds Physical Intelligence to that mix.. and that is the significant change i offer.. friend....

As that part driving emotional regulation.. sensory integration.. cognitive executive functioning along with focus and better short term working memory.. is the cure for 19 medical disorders for me and full human being status in real life now...

Most people will GET excited about a REAL LIFE MIRACLE.. and i am nothing new on that point...as history shows.. as well... AND Science driving technology now allows me to provide irrefutable evidence of what it is NOW..:)

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2015, 12:00 am

Oldavid wrote:
...Oh dear! Round and round again.

There is absolutely no more "empirical evidence" for any "Big Bang" than there is evidence that CO2 and N2 ever could or did turn themselves into a Man. The "BB" is "made of" exactly the same kind of fanciful conjecture as Darwinism. Mere assumptions made to suit an ideology.

Not true, there is in fact empirical evidence for the Big Bang. I'm quite sure you don't even know what the theory states, which is that at one time the universe was very small. It doesn't say how or why the expansion occurred, since if we go back too far our current understanding of physics breaks down.

Oldavid wrote:
That it can be demonstrated that "Black Holes", "Singularities" and so on are physically and mathematically impossible will be of no concern to the ideologists because such conflict automatically renders such evidence as inadmissible, irrelevant or non-existent. Offering the evidence to anyone determined to ignore it or dismiss it out of hand is an exercise in futility.

God is also impossible. Black holes have been detected, and the Big Bang almost certainly happened, but how exactly we don't know, precisely because the physics breaks down. Physicists would be the first to admit that. That's what makes it so exciting to study, since it's something new.

Oldavid wrote:
Proving the necessity of an uncaused First Cause is very basic reasoning and logic... entirely incomprehensible to a mind bogged in its own ideological prejudice.

If God can be acausal, then so can a universe. I'm only using your own logic. The universe could be both eternal and have had a beginning in the big bang. Just like an inch can be divided into an infinite number of mathematical segments while still being a finite distance.

Oldavid
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2015, 12:55 am

AspE wrote:
Oldavid wrote:
There is absolutely no more "empirical evidence" for any "Big Bang" than there is evidence that CO2 and N2 ever could or did turn themselves into a Man. The "BB" is "made of" exactly the same kind of fanciful conjecture as Darwinism. Mere assumptions made to suit an ideology.

Not true, there is in fact empirical evidence for the Big Bang. I'm quite sure you don't even know what the theory states, which is that at one time the universe was very small. It doesn't say how or why the expansion occurred, since if we go back too far our current understanding of physics breaks down.
It is not a theory... it is mere conjecture and there is no evidence that such is possible while there is evidence that such is impossible.
Oldavid wrote:
That it can be demonstrated that "Black Holes", "Singularities" and so on are physically and mathematically impossible will be of no concern to the ideologists because such conflict automatically renders such evidence as inadmissible, irrelevant or non-existent. Offering the evidence to anyone determined to ignore it or dismiss it out of hand is an exercise in futility.

Quote:
God is also impossible. Black holes have been detected, and the Big Bang almost certainly happened, but how exactly we don't know, precisely because the physics breaks down. Physicists would be the first to admit that. That's what makes it so exciting to study, since it's something new.
No Black Holes have ever been detected and even Stephen Hawking has recently been quoted as saying they can't exist. Your gratuitous assertion that BB almost certainly happened is practically an admission that there is no evidence that it is even possible. I have no doubt that your straw man version of "God" is, by design, impossible.
Oldavid wrote:

Quote:
If God can be acausal, then so can a universe. I'm only using your own logic. The universe could be both eternal and have had a beginning in the big bang. Just like an inch can be divided into an infinite number of mathematical segments while still being a finite distance.
You are not using any logic at all. Anything changeable must have something to cause the change and an effect cannot be greater than its cause. You are assuming that an imaginary Klein Bottle that has no beginning, no end, no "middle", no inside or outside is the theory of everything that conveniently vanishes all absurdities into the "certainty" of the ideology.

Grommit
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Feb 2015, 1:25 am

This thread to me is a
Bit like the imaginary Klein bottle.

And there is proof to that aswell.
:D

Narrator
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2015, 1:32 am

I want one!!

I know some glass masters who could do it too.

And a blank look rarely means a blank mind.

Grommit
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Feb 2015, 1:42 am

That's cool, does it have any other uses other than a visual representation of a Möbius strip.
Say for a beverage perhaps. :D

Grommit
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Feb 2015, 1:50 am

That's just given me an idea. Lol

Narrator
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2015, 1:52 am

Grommit wrote:
That's cool, does it have any other uses other than a visual representation of a Möbius strip.

oOOoooo!! Business idea! :lol:
And to seal it, you need to put a cork in its bum. lol

And a blank look rarely means a blank mind.

Grommit
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Feb 2015, 1:57 am

Narrator wrote:
Grommit wrote:

oOOoooo!! Business idea! :lol:
And to seal it, you need to put a cork in its bum. lol

Lol. So when can we get the first shipment dispatched by

I'm just thinking of the concept now, I don't think there is a need for the cork because it would be sitting down on a flat surface so there would be no air, it would most certainly be interesting to drink out of. :D

Last edited by Grommit on 19 Feb 2015, 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.