Page 27 of 42 [ 672 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 42  Next

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2017, 12:37 am

EzraS wrote:
androbot01 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
And again, if Trump is all that bad, why isn't Trudeau stepping up and taking his place as the most powerful man on the planet?

I guess that's hyperbole as the answer is obvious.

Not hyperbole. Canada is a large wealthy nation very similar to the United States in many ways. Why is it always expected to take a back seat while America is always expected to be in the driver's seat? If Trudeau is a better leader then Trump, then why isn't Trudeau and Canada more involved?

androbot01 wrote:
I don't understand the sentiment expressed that no one should criticize Trump ... Americans shouldn't because he is their president and non-Americans shouldn't because it's none of their business or "rude." So is it being argued that when a person is in a leadership position they should not be open to criticism? I think this would be a bad idea, as it is those in power who most need to hear diverse opinions.

There's a difference between criticizing and relentless obsessive over the top attacking. I'm not taking about you when I say that. I mean the whole syndrome overall. It's a matter of level and frequency and attitude.

Let their tears nourish you, for we are witnessing the golden age of liberal butthurt that you will tell your grandchildren about.

feral botanist
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2017, 1:26 am

Raptor wrote:
EzraS wrote:
androbot01 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
And again, if Trump is all that bad, why isn't Trudeau stepping up and taking his place as the most powerful man on the planet?

Not hyperbole. Canada is a large wealthy nation very similar to the United States in many ways. Why is it always expected to take a back seat while America is always expected to be in the driver's seat? If Trudeau is a better leader then Trump, then why isn't Trudeau and Canada more involved?

androbot01 wrote:
I don't understand the sentiment expressed that no one should criticize Trump ... Americans shouldn't because he is their president and non-Americans shouldn't because it's none of their business or "rude." So is it being argued that when a person is in a leadership position they should not be open to criticism? I think this would be a bad idea, as it is those in power who most need to hear diverse opinions.

There's a difference between criticizing and relentless obsessive over the top attacking. I'm not taking about you when I say that. I mean the whole syndrome overall. It's a matter of level and frequency and attitude.

Let their tears nourish you, for we are witnessing the golden age of liberal butthurt that you will tell your grandchildren about.

Nice! Good to see that you are still at it.
:lol:

Still the same old

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2017, 3:08 am

Raptor wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
"Global Warming" is definitely occurring.

The real question: is this primarily caused by natural, inevitable climactic variation, or is this primarily caused by man-made elements (e.g., CO2 emissions, particulate pollution, aerosols, etc.)

In the past millennium (1000-2000 AD), we had both a "little Ice Age" (circa 1500-1800 AD) and a decent warm up (around 1200 AD). None of these could have been caused by man-made agents.

There is a long history of climate change, but the ones wanting to regulate the sh!t out of anything that theoretically may attribute to climate change are tree hugging anti-capitalists which speaks volumes.

I'm sure there's a history of climate change. I'm just not sure what it adds up to, if anything.

From purely subjective point of view, when I lived in Las Vegas there was all the stuff I kept hearing about Lake Mead water levels being so low compared to the 80's and how that was such dramatic proof of global warming. Then I saw a picture of Lake Mead from 1955 and the water level was just as low then as it is now. And this year it's starting to rise again because of record rainfall and a huge snow cap in the mountains.

Raptor wrote:

Maybe god is a liberal and that's why there's been torrential rainfall in the west.

Shrapnel
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2017, 3:38 am

Here's my theory:
For 70 years in the late 1600’s there were virtually no sunspots. A phenomenon we now refer to as the Maunder Minimum. That same time also corresponds to the Little Ice Age. And during that same time period all the great composers of Baroque music lived, composed and performed. Including Bach, Vivaldi, Haendel, Zelenka, Buxtehude, Scarlotti and many others. Which proves conclusively, (by correlation) that climate change is caused by the absence of Baroque music.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2017, 6:04 am

Raptor wrote:

Could you come up with a new shtik ... I get it: anyone who doesn't like Trump is insane, addicted to hatred, or a crybaby.

Trump, of course, has no flaws.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2017, 7:58 am

EzraS wrote:
Raptor wrote:

Maybe god is a liberal and that's why there's been torrential rainfall in the west.

LOL That's funny----you've got the quickest wit, in the west!!

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2017, 11:52 am

androbot01 wrote:
Raptor wrote:

Could you come up with a new shtik ... I get it: anyone who doesn't like Trump is insane, addicted to hatred, or a crybaby.

No you don't get it.
If I wasn't clear enough, it's the unprecedented level of unacceptance of a newly elected US president. And no, the birther movement can't hold a candle to what we've seen with the riots and other forms of crying.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2017, 11:54 am

androbot01 wrote:
Raptor wrote:

Trump is a crybaby.
The media make things up waaaaaaaaaa.

Obama got more people at his inauguration.
No he did not waaaaaaaaaaaaaa

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2017, 11:57 am

feral botanist wrote:
Raptor wrote:
EzraS wrote:
androbot01 wrote:
EzraS wrote:

androbot01 wrote:

Nice! Good to see that you are still at it.
:lol:

Still the same old

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2017, 12:01 pm

Quote:

Only because most Trump voters have jobs and businesses to attend to and don't rely on the government or their parents to support them like Obama (or Hillary) voters.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2017, 2:31 pm

Raptor wrote:
...it's the unprecedented level of unacceptance of a newly elected US president.

That's because of the unprecedented inappropriateness of Trump as POTUS.

Raptor wrote:
Only because most Trump voters have jobs and businesses to attend to and don't rely on the government or their parents to support them like Obama (or Hillary) voters.

That's an absurd generalization and I'm sure you know it.

I think the level of protestation against Trump is not so much against the Conservative Party as it is against Trump himself. If someone like, say, Jeb had won, there wouldn't be such protests.

BaalChatzaf
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2017, 3:26 pm

Donald Trump might very be an uncultured boorish lout but his is as sane as you or I are sane.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2017, 6:22 pm

androbot01 wrote:
I think the level of protestation against Trump is not so much against the Conservative Party as it is against Trump himself. If someone like, say, Jeb had won, there wouldn't be such protests.

The problem I see with that analysis is how much hype has been poured into flipping out over Trump's entire staff as well.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2017, 11:29 pm

androbot01 wrote:
Raptor wrote:
...it's the unprecedented level of unacceptance of a newly elected US president.

That's because of the unprecedented inappropriateness of Trump as POTUS.

Liberals created the climate which made Trump's election possible.
You people made your bed now lie in it.

androbot01 wrote:
Raptor wrote:

That's an absurd generalization and I'm sure you know it.

Yeah right, it's liberals that run the businesses and keep the machines running while those rabble rousing lazy career student conservatives have nothing better to do than attend protests, riots, and inaugurations.
What was I thinking... :roll: :roll:

androbot01 wrote:

Wasn't it people like you that screamed bloody murder whenever ANY republican presidential hopeful reared their heads? Republicans like Romney, Bachmann, Perry, Bush (any of them), Cruz, Palin, Santorum, or Cain don't look so bad now, do they?

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2017, 2:17 am

Raptor wrote:
Quote:

I think it also had a lot to do with him bieng the first black president.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2017, 3:28 am

Raptor wrote:
Quote:

Please cite your source.