Page 4 of 9 [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2012, 12:35 am

I just read on Yahoo News today that, despite Republican claims that they'll shed the lunatic fringe, expected Republican presidential candidates like Bobby Jindall and Marco Rubio endorse the teaching of creationism in schools.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

Awesomelyglorious
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2012, 12:40 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
I just read on Yahoo News today that, despite Republican claims that they'll shed the lunatic fringe, expected Republican presidential candidates like Bobby Jindall and Marco Rubio endorse the teaching of creationism in schools.

I read the same article. Frankly, I am not expecting the GOP to become sane in the too near future.

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2012, 9:03 am

Rand Paul is in the running

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dqwIK7P02c[/youtube]

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2012, 9:18 am

Awesomelyglorious wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

I read the same article. Frankly, I am not expecting the GOP to become sane in the too near future.

Don't hold your breath. The Republicans, once the anti-slavery dynamo of the U.S. has become senile.

ruveyn

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

21 Nov 2012, 3:26 pm

ArrantPariah wrote:
Rand Paul is in the running

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dqwIK7P02c[/youtube]

Cenk Uygur's underlings sure like to strawman. The young woman and goateed man should exercise their critical thinking skills and get out of that ridiculous echo chamber.

It is pretty funny to see how fast they sell out the importance of issues like gay marriage, ending the drug war, and decreasing our massive military budget the second their sacred cow is threatened. The silly woman even backtracks on foreign policy at the end saying that we need to "back up our allies", I can only assume she means militarily. Far too long have civil libertarians or 'real' liberals have fell for these "progressive" hacks, they pay lip service but in the end all they care about is concentrating more government power by creating a class of dependents. The Republicans do it too, look at the Neoconservatives tripping over themselves racing to sell out on taxes, immigration, and social issues(which I disagree with but they've been duping religious folks for decades with it), all that matters is concentrating government power with perpetual war. There is little difference between these supposedly diametrically opposed groups.

Anyways, Marco Rubio isn't a departure at all from the current crop of neocons. He's Hispanic so some stupid people might think that represents some sort of change, they fell for Obama as some sort of transformative figure just because he's half black so who knows maybe it will work. The guy's mentor is Jeb Bush, how anti-establishment of him.

Jindal has some decent positions on the state level but I suspect he's probably the same run of the mill Republican when he goes national. Sort of like a Mitch Daniels. The only reason they're interested in him is because he has a brown face.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2012, 3:34 pm

Awesomelyglorious wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Frankly, I'm not expecting the Republicans to even exist in the too near future!

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2012, 4:03 pm

Fnord wrote:
Awesomelyglorious wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Frankly, I'm not expecting the Republicans to even exist in the too near future!

Oh, I think they'll be around unless some third party can offer a sane conservative alternative to the current Republican Party that's becoming increasing insular and myopic, where candidates think they can get elected by out crazying each other.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2012, 1:02 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Oh, I think they'll be around unless some third party can offer a sane conservative alternative to the current Republican Party that's becoming increasing insular and myopic, where candidates think they can get elected by out crazying each other.

Take away the insularity and myopathy from Ye Grande Olde Partay, and what's left?

A buncha rich white guys looking for credibility.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2012, 1:12 pm

Fnord wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Fnord wrote:

Take away the insularity and myopathy from Ye Grande Olde Partay, and what's left?

These days, probably not a lot.

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2012, 9:12 am

David Duke might be in the running.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88AsArwYsTc[/youtube]

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2012, 10:12 am

Fnord wrote:

What about Herman Cain? You remember him, don't you?

ruveyn

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2012, 10:52 am

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
It's still 2012 and you all are already wringing your hands over the 2016 election in fear of a possible republican win.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2012, 11:11 am

ArrantPariah wrote:

Hmmm, I'm surprised that you, of all people, would be posting (i.e. promoting) a campaign add for David Duke.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2012, 4:36 pm

ArrantPariah wrote:

After watching Dave's campaign video with it's barely hidden racist and Antisemitic message, I have to ask: what exactly he a Doctor of, and what school gave him a degree?

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2012, 5:50 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
ArrantPariah wrote:

After watching Dave's campaign video with it's barely hidden racist and Antisemitic message, I have to ask: what exactly he a Doctor of, and what school gave him a degree?

You'd find racism in a speech from Santa Claus.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2012, 6:11 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
ArrantPariah wrote:

He looks like Marty McFly (Michael J. fox) trying to become Santa Claus.