Page 4 of 20 [ 309 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 20  Next

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2023, 8:57 pm

Misslizard wrote:
^People are tired off hearing all that religious mumbo-jumbo.They want a strong silent deity.

But to be fair to God, he's not said a word since 33AD, and even then it's unclear whether it was really him:
John 12 wrote:
28 "Father, glorify your name!” Then a voice came from heaven, “I have glorified it, and will glorify it again.”
29 The crowd that was there and heard it said it had thundered; others said an angel had spoken to him.

Granted, Godzilla has never spoken at all, but he did roar a bit as recently as 1954, unless you think they dubbed the sound on.

But I'm sure you're right that people nowadays want a strong, silent deity. The proof is that we on the spectrum are no longer worshipped, clearly because although we're typically very strong, we often talk way too much for the taste of most NTs.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2023, 5:39 am

Misslizard wrote:

That’s hot!

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2023, 5:43 am

More genocide.

Numbers 21:1-3 When the Canaanite king of Arad, who lived in the Negev, heard that Israel was coming along the road to Atharim, he attacked the Israelites and captured some of them. 2 Then Israel made this vow to the Lord: “If you will deliver these people into our hands, we will totally destroy their cities.” 3 The Lord listened to Israel’s plea and gave the Canaanites over to them. They completely destroyed them and their towns; so the place was named Hormah.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2023, 5:53 am

aghogday wrote:

Still Fresh; God Yes Spoiled,

Rotten And

Genocidal;'

The Same 'God'

That/Who Authorizes

Genocide of the opposing
Tribe in Numbers 31

Does in the

Songs of Psalms too;

Psalm 137:9

"Happy the one who takes and dashes

Your little ones against the rock!
"

That’s a good bad one, too!

It’s baffling to me that people still think that the Bible is the ultimate source of morality and that people who base their beliefs on it will be more moral than those who don’t.

It seems like it could be a reference book for psychopaths if they wanted it to be.

Most people are more moral than the god they follow.

Last edited by TwilightPrincess on 21 Oct 2023, 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Recidivist
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2023, 6:57 am

Sorry to lower the tone, but here is a disturbing passage in a Holy Book - The Vagina Bible.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2023, 7:27 am

:lol:

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2023, 7:29 am

Charlotte's Web is my Bible.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2023, 7:30 am

There’s lots of racism in the Book of Mormon but this scripture is the most obvious example:

2 Nephi 5:21:

21 And he had caused the cursing to come upon them, yea, even a sore cursing, because of their iniquity. For behold, they had hardened their hearts against him, that they had become like unto a flint; wherefore, as they were white, and exceedingly fair and delightsome, that they might not be enticing unto my people the Lord God did cause a skin of blackness to come upon them.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2023, 7:30 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Charlotte's Web is my Bible.

It’s a good choice.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2023, 8:32 am

For eating the fruit in the Garden of Eden:

Genesis 3:16:
16 To the woman he [God] said,
‘I will greatly increase your pangs in childbearing;
in pain you shall bring forth children,
yet your desire shall be for your husband,
and he shall rule over you.’

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2023, 10:49 am

TwilightPrincess wrote:
There’s lots of racism in the Book of Mormon but this scripture is the most obvious example:

2 Nephi 5:21:

21 And he had caused the cursing to come upon them, yea, even a sore cursing, because of their iniquity. For behold, they had hardened their hearts against him, that they had become like unto a flint; wherefore, as they were white, and exceedingly fair and delightsome, that they might not be enticing unto my people the Lord God did cause a skin of blackness to come upon them.

Unfortunately I am very aware. My uncle was shamed for his interracial marriage by distant relatives of mine whom are Mormon. Certain sectors can be rather extreme. Fortunately when my grandad was alive, he left the church and I was never raised in it. I'm glad my uncle told them to shove it though and didn't let it get to him. Good. Don't give racists the time of day.

I've never met the Mormon side of my family. They're still upset my dad didn't marry a nice Mormon girl. :lol: :roll:

25. Near the spectrum but not on it.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2023, 11:32 am

I think Mormons are better about it than they used to be, but it still plays some role given how pervasive racism is in the Book of Mormon and how they view it as the word of God.

The stuff in there about polygamy has caused issues in the past, too.

Quote:
In the case of plural marriage, “The Bible and the Book of Mormon teach that monogamy is God’s standard for marriage unless He declares otherwise” (Official Declaration 1 heading), or, in Jacob’s language, “if I will, saith the Lord of Hosts, raise up seed unto me, I will command my people [to practice plural marriage]; otherwise they shall hearken unto these things [i.e. the commandment to be married and have sexual relations with only one wife]" (Jacob 2:30; 3:5).

https://knowhy.bookofmormoncentral.org/ ... 20marriage

In the past, people would claim that God spoke to them to have more than one wife and sometimes they’d be underage. Some of Joseph Smith’s wives were underage. One was 14, I think.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2023, 11:53 am

I saw some of the polygamist women when I visited Utah.They were dressed like Little House on the Prairie.It was near Warren Jeffs area.When we went and toured the Jacob Hamblin house they said the Mormons had to teach the natives how to bathe and grow food.
Ridiculous.The day before we had hiked up to see some pictographs and there was an ancient grain storage area that predated the Mormon arrival.Then they showed us a rock that was carved in perfect English that the Paiutes supposed made to thank him.Then they insisted we take a free Book of Mormon .
Later we looked at Brigham’s winter home, just the gardens because we knew they would try to convert us in the house.There was a giant fig tree with a huge fig, sadly it wasn’t ripe or I was going to eat it.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2023, 11:56 am

Quote:
When we went and toured the Jacob Hamblin house they said the Mormons had to teach the natives how to bathe and grow food.

Oh geez.

On the bright side, I guess it’s nice that they made their ignorance, condescension, and ethnocentrism so apparent. Sometimes it’s harder to spot.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2023, 12:26 pm

TwilightPrincess wrote:
It’s baffling to me that people still think that the Bible is the ultimate source of morality and that people who base their beliefs on it will be more moral than those who don’t.

It seems like it could be a reference book for psychopaths if they wanted it to be.

Most people are more moral than the god they follow.

Quoting You HeaR Again Dear Twilight Princess For Truth..:)

"It’s baffling to me that people still think that the Bible is the ultimate source of morality
and that people who base their beliefs on it will be more moral than those who don’t.

Most people are more moral than the god they follow."

It's Obvious Folks Who Call Themselves Christians Haven't
Actually Read 'The Book' Or Heard A Pastor Attempt to Do

Mental Gymnastics to Apologize For Every

Evil Verse Yet True How in the World

Could Even Ron DeSaTaNiS Justify

The Presence of the Old

Testament in Schools

For Kindergarden

Kids With Verses

That Slut Shame 'The Oldest

Profession' With Analogies

of Frigging Bestiality;

Oh That Holy

Blessed

Turd

Book Yet True
At Least Once Again
There is that Little Lamb;
The Effete One Artistically
Represented With A Beard

(Obviously Copying Unique Male
Humanity With Long Hair Like the
'Last Supper' Painting Dude 'DaVinci' Did)

And Oh God, An 'Incel' Reputation Following
Him Back From Hell to Heaven for Real

Suggesting that the Science Assessed

Virtue as Muse (Yes Lust) Responsible

For So Many Beautiful Works of

Humanity in Art

Is Sinful to Even

Think of; Oh Dear Lord,

Obviously, Most of the

Book Was Written By
Butthurt Incels Even Way Back then...

Ezekiel 23:20
New International Version

"There she lusted after her lovers,
whose genitals were like those of donkeys
and whose emission was like that of horses."

Perhaps 'Their Name' Was 'Chad' too HAha...

Yet It's True,

Dear Lord,

Just Look at the
Ceiling of the Sistine

Chapel; 'Small Packages'

The Prized Possession of
Michelangelo Inspired Divine and

Holy Paintings; Even in Sculpture As

Michelangelo's Jesus Finally Uncovered

By 'Fig Leaf' in 2017 By The 'Catholic Authorities'
Basically Had
the Same

Small

Religious

Artistically

Presented "Member" As David

Or Perhaps the Room was Just Super Cold
for the Young Men Posing for the Sculptures...

Anyway, Never Trust So-Called Holy Sacred
Text Without Humor;

Sure Fire Way

To Tale

They Are
Coming From
Somewhere Closer to Hell FOR REAL ON EARTH as only metaphor of course...

Anyway Hehe, Believe it or not, i Read More Here than i Even Write; i Noted You are Looking For

A Silent Source of Strength in a Deity Hero; So, Here Are A Few Verses From 'The Book of the Law;'

Hehe, at the End of the Book It Forbids Anyone to Discuss it Yet Considering the Author

Was Just Taking

The 'Piss' Out of
The Old Book By
Writing "The Book of the Law"

Here it is Born Naked Again For All to See Hehe..:)

"70. I am the Hawk-Headed Lord of Silence & of Strength; my nemyss shrouds the night-blue sky.

71. Hail! ye twin warriors about the pillars of the world! for your time is nigh at hand.

72. I am the Lord of the Double Wand of Power; the wand of the Force of Coph Nia--
but my left hand is empty, for I have crushed an Universe; & nought remains.

73. Paste the sheets from right to left and from top to bottom: then behold!

74. There is a splendour in my name hidden and glorious, as the sun of midnight

is ever the son.

75. The ending of the words
is the Word Abrahadabra."

Haha A
Bra
Had
A Bra;

What a Humorous
Care Free Dude Indeed;
Just Taking A Piss out of Piss...

Yet It's True, Poor Little 'Aleister Crowley,'
Whose Mother Assessed Him as 'the Beast'
Was Likely Just A Human Real Organically

(Hey, i Was Born on 6.6.60; Got
Driver's License Credentials)

Born Psychopath,

Desperately

Seeking

An Organic Soul

Real of LoVE iN Peace;

Sadly, No Drug Would Work for him;
Not Even taking the Piss Out of Piss...

Life isn't Fair...

Life isn't Fair...

Life Isn't Fair...

Basically It is what it is...

Make the Best oF iT; Die With a SMiLe on Our Face...

The Only Part That is Equal Is We aRe All Born And Die.

Happy Halloween Season 2023! Such A Fitting Holiday Season For the Whole Species!

(Don't Tale Anyone;
It's A Secret Hehe;
i Live Year 'Round in Christmas)

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2023, 6:47 pm

Hmmm....

Yeah...there it is. Right there in the "good book".

"happy is the one who takes your infants and bashes them against the rocks".

Thats the translation I found in "Bible Gateway" just now when I typed the chapter and verse.

Context?

Then I clicked on "read the whole chapter".

OMG! ...I know that passage. The offending line is ...the little known tail end ...of a well known passage in the Bible.

Well known to us music lovers...because it became a church hymn and later a secular rock song.

The passage is about the Babylonian Captivity.

Foreigners conquered Judea, sacked Jerusalem, and then dragged the Jewish population of the land in chains away to Babylon.

And so "by the waters of Babylon...they wept because they remembered Zion".

Thats the well known part.

The point of that little known last line being...after what you wicked captors did to us we would love to ...bash your babies...... But folks today usually...gloss over THAT last part when they quote the psalm.

Understandable? Yes. When wronged we all relate to having the urge to avenge. They were only human too.

Advisable? Well it certainly contrasts to what Jesus would say in the New Testament about turning the other cheek, and love thy enemies...later in the same Bible.

Later the Babylonians were themselves conquered by the Persians. And the Persians let the Jews go home. So it all got straightened out.

Well...as we ponder it all...lets just listen to how the better known preceding part of the psalm crops up in rocknroll.

https://youtu.be/YuYlwI8Vc8Q

https://youtu.be/gnUKcEwT7NI