Page 5 of 8 [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2015, 4:40 pm

zer0netgain wrote:
Anyone who wants to be president as bad as she does should never be allowed to become president.

I have to admit I lol when I read this, only because of the ironical element. They all want to be president badly. That's the only way to get elected. The one who wants it badly enough is the one who gets in. Can you name one person who was elected president who didn't badly want for that to happen? Imagine if, during a debate, a candidate said, "You know, I haven't even figured out if I want to be president yet..." Do you think such a candidate stands a chance of winning with an attitude like that?

As opposed to one who says, "More than anything on earth I want to serve you all as your next President of The United States!" You know who people are going to vote for if given the choice between those two statements...

Protogenoi
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2015, 5:15 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
zer0netgain wrote:
Anyone who wants to be president as bad as she does should never be allowed to become president.

I have to admit I lol when I read this, only because of the ironical element. They all want to be president badly. That's the only way to get elected. The one who wants it badly enough is the one who gets in. Can you name one person who was elected president who didn't badly want for that to happen? Imagine if, during a debate, a candidate said, "You know, I haven't even figured out if I want to be president yet..." Do you think such a candidate stands a chance of winning with an attitude like that?

As opposed to one who says, "More than anything on earth I want to serve you all as your next President of The United States!" You know who people are going to vote for if given the choice between those two statements...

I think it was a reference to Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, "Anyone who has the ability to become president should by no means be allowed to do the job."

Now take a trip with me but don't be surprised when things aren't what they seem. I've known it from the start all these good ideas will tear your brain apart. Scared, but you can follow me. I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die. - a7x

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2015, 5:18 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
zer0netgain wrote:

Remember Mitt Romney's claim that he didn't really want to run, but felt forced to because of the lackluster candidates?

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2015, 5:29 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
zer0netgain wrote:

Remember Mitt Romney's claim that he didn't really want to run, but felt forced to because of the lackluster candidates?

Well, that certainly didn't help him get elected, did it?

Besides, I don't believe what he says because you would have to want to be president to go to all that trouble. So I believe he did want to run he was just talking bs to look humble or something...anyway, doesn't appear to have helped his campaign.

em_tsuj
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2015, 6:20 pm

If she wins the primary, I will probably vote for her Republican opponent. She couldn't run the State Department, so how can she run the whole Federal Government?

Protogenoi
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2015, 6:24 pm

em_tsuj wrote:
If she wins the primary, I will probably vote for her Republican opponent. She couldn't run the State Department, so how can she run the whole Federal Government?

What if Bush wins the Republican Primary? Which evil will you choose?

Now take a trip with me but don't be surprised when things aren't what they seem. I've known it from the start all these good ideas will tear your brain apart. Scared, but you can follow me. I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die. - a7x

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

15 Apr 2015, 7:26 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
What is it about Hillary that makes men hate her? My feelings are neutral toward her. I don't see how she merits so much wrath. I don't feel any worse about her than I do Sarah Palin.

I am really surprised people aren't more sympathetic. She's a cuckolded wife who's been cheated on God only knows how many times with the lurid details, some of them, made painfully public.

I don't think Bill and Hilary's relationship was ever anything but open, the Lewinsky was a tremendous personal embarrassment for both of them the way it played out publicly but if she didn't know Bill was unfaithful then she is even less qualified to be president than I thought. Pretty sure they always saw it tho political lenses, all apart of some "vast right wing conspiracy". Gennifer Flowers said some interesting things about their relationship...

That doesn't really matter tho, she has accomplished nothing to be considered qualified to be president. She was a bad senator that voted for bad legislation and a disastrous Secretary of State, she is completely untrustworthy and a proven liar. A 70 year old out of touch big government authoritarian neoconservative corporatist who stands for nothing but her own ambition, she is a bad person and it will be a dark day for America if she is ever elected. Obama had and still has some redeeming qualities, there are none with Hilary. She brings absolutely nothing to the table other than her last name and this idea that she makes "history" just by being elected which is probably the dumbest possible reason to vote for someone. Her base is low IQ voters and people so partisan that they'd vote Hitler before someone with an R after their name.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2015, 7:37 pm

Jacoby wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
What is it about Hillary that makes men hate her? My feelings are neutral toward her. I don't see how she merits so much wrath. I don't feel any worse about her than I do Sarah Palin.

I am really surprised people aren't more sympathetic. She's a cuckolded wife who's been cheated on God only knows how many times with the lurid details, some of them, made painfully public.

I don't think Bill and Hilary's relationship was ever anything but open, the Lewinsky was a tremendous personal embarrassment for both of them the way it played out publicly but if she didn't know Bill was unfaithful then she is even less qualified to be president than I thought. Pretty sure they always saw it tho political lenses, all apart of some "vast right wing conspiracy". Gennifer Flowers said some interesting things about their relationship...

That doesn't really matter tho, she has accomplished nothing to be considered qualified to be president. She was a bad senator that voted for bad legislation and a disastrous Secretary of State, she is completely untrustworthy and a proven liar. A 70 year old out of touch big government authoritarian neoconservative corporatist who stands for nothing but her own ambition, she is a bad person and it will be a dark day for America if she is ever elected. Obama had and still has some redeeming qualities, there are none with Hilary. She brings absolutely nothing to the table other than her last name and this idea that she makes "history" just by being elected which is probably the dumbest possible reason to vote for someone. Her base is low IQ voters and people so partisan that they'd vote Hitler before someone with an R after their name.

I feel most of the politicians are corporatists, even the ones who pretend they aren't can't wait to get in there and start bending to special interests. I think she is maligned in a sea of bad politicians. None of them are that great. Face it, there are no longer any Ike Eisenhowers to save America. Anyone you elect is destined to sell this country out to some CEO. So, I don't get why she is the target of so much anger and hate. I can understand not voting for her because you like someone else better but I don't get so much bad emotion toward her when all Bill did was openly mock his marriage vows. If you are going to be disgusted at someone, it should be him. The reason she put up with all of it was her political ambitions. She wanted to further her career in politics and she is savvy enough to know the public doesn't like single female politicians nor does it like divorcees.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2015, 7:56 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:

I feel most of the politicians are corporatists, even the ones who pretend they aren't can't wait to get in there and start bending to special interests. I think she is maligned in a sea of bad politicians. None of them are that great. Face it, there are no longer any Ike Eisenhowers to save America. Anyone you elect is destined to sell this country out to some CEO. So, I don't get why she is the target of so much anger and hate. I can understand not voting for her because you like someone else better but I don't get so much bad emotion toward her when all Bill did was openly mock his marriage vows. If you are going to be disgusted at someone, it should be him. The reason she put up with all of it was her political ambitions. She wanted to further her career in politics and she is savvy enough to know the public doesn't like single female politicians nor does it like divorcees.

I don't believe Hilary was "faithful" to her vows either to be honest, the feeling I get is that it never was an exclusive relationship and that they got married because they were both okay with their respective non-traditional lifestyles. Whatever tho, that doesn't factor in as far my feelings go towards her. I dislike her a)I disagree with her on basically everything b)I think she is a corrupt sellout who is out for her own gain. Like with Obama we had hope and change, what does Hilary bring? She's not really a liberal, she's big government but she is authoritarian so there is a difference. She's a liar and a bad person, I don't know what else to say.

FWIW you're not going to hear me sing the praises of too many politicians, I'd vote for Rand Paul probably because of who his dad is but his Fox News pandering leaves a lot to desire but the hope is that he is "playing the game" in a way his dad didn't in order to be electable. I'd be interested in Jim Webb or Brian Schweitzer maybe but neither of them will come close enough to even sniff their party's nomination.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2015, 8:04 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
zer0netgain wrote:

Well, that certainly didn't help him get elected, did it?

Besides, I don't believe what he says because you would have to want to be president to go to all that trouble. So I believe he did want to run he was just talking bs to look humble or something...anyway, doesn't appear to have helped his campaign.

That's absolutely true - Mittens was trying to pretend that the "burden" of running for President was thrust upon him.

Nebogipfel
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2015, 9:19 pm

I don't like the way she looks so I'm voting for W's brother.

Last edited by Nebogipfel on 15 Apr 2015, 9:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2015, 9:28 pm

Jacoby wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:

I don't believe Hilary was "faithful" to her vows either to be honest, the feeling I get is that it never was an exclusive relationship and that they got married because they were both okay with their respective non-traditional lifestyles. Whatever tho, that doesn't factor in as far my feelings go towards her. I dislike her a)I disagree with her on basically everything b)I think she is a corrupt sellout who is out for her own gain. Like with Obama we had hope and change, what does Hilary bring? She's not really a liberal, she's big government but she is authoritarian so there is a difference. She's a liar and a bad person, I don't know what else to say.

FWIW you're not going to hear me sing the praises of too many politicians, I'd vote for Rand Paul probably because of who his dad is but his Fox News pandering leaves a lot to desire but the hope is that he is "playing the game" in a way his dad didn't in order to be electable. I'd be interested in Jim Webb or Brian Schweitzer maybe but neither of them will come close enough to even sniff their party's nomination.

I don't sing them either. Unlike you, I don't see Hillary as the only politician being out for number one, far from it. Even those who pretend to be libertarian have an invisible sign the ones who need to can see that reads "Buy Me." I don't believe for one second, once they got into office, they would be off in a corner spouting libertarianism. There is simply too much pressure. They would be literally pressured to near death and they would buckle. The best way to deal with them, although no one will, is to not give them any job security and keep voting new ones in every term. That at least would give the lobbiests more to do. They would have to exert a greater effort earning their salaries.

I can't see Hillary being amorous at all so it's hard for me to picture having an affair. She just seems kind of distant and devoted to being a politician more than out cutting loose like Bill did. Bill was the social one while Hillary kind of sat back. People even wondered if she was a lesbian because any time you have a woman who has a life that doesn't involve drooling all over men every moment she's awake the only explanation is she must be gay.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2015, 9:53 pm

Now that I think about it, the main reason men dislike Hillary Clinton is she isn't flirty.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2015, 10:38 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
Now that I think about it, the main reason men dislike Hillary Clinton is she isn't flirty.

She is tough and there are no buttons to push with her.

And she is tough enough to win.

She will win, as she is

tough enough

to Just

Do
IT like Obama DOES,

without any problems
worrying over the naysayers,
at all, as she has decades of politically

THICK SKIN..:)

WE HAVE TWO BROTHERS, AND NOW WE ARE GONNA
HAVE A WIFE AND HUSBAND THAT GO BOTH WAYS..;)

SHE'S LIKE MADONNA,

WITHOUT THE SLOPPY KISSES..:)

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2015, 10:44 pm

I'm not sure where you get that I think Hilary is the only one, she's just the worst one of a big big bunch. I quite dislike Jeb, Rubio, Warren, Biden, Huckabee, Santorum, Romney, whoever.

If we elected a person who threatened real change then that person would be under huge risk of being assassinated, has happened before. I trust Ron Paul, I don't trust Rand Paul but he's basically the only option at this point so the hope is that he is pretending to be Republican more than him pretending to be a libertarian. He is his father's son still, it would be worth it just so Ron has the ear of the president.

As for Hilary's relationships, where there is smoke there usually is fire so who knows really. I don't buy for a second that Bill's indiscretion with Lewinsky was a surprise to Hilary, I don't think any of the affairs were and if they had an open relationship then I think Hilary had fun as well. Look up what Gennifer Flowers said about Hilary, Dick Morris, does it sound far fetched? Personally I think I think this makes Hilary look a lot 0better than if she simply coldly calculated that divorcing Bill wouldn't of been politically advantageous to her.

Protogenoi
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2015, 10:57 pm

Jacoby wrote:
If we elected a person who threatened real change then that person would be under huge risk of being assassinated, has happened before.

If I became president, I would do an extremely controversial executive order written in my own blood and then kill myself just to create the greatest conspiracy theories of all time.