Was Hitler trying to breed a race of super aspies?

Page 1 of 7 [ 109 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

Yupa
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2009, 8:56 pm

The connection between Nazi Germany and Asperger's Syndrome is undeniable.
Goebels certainly showed many signs of Asperger's Syndrome, as did other influential figures under Hitler such as Albert Speer, Lief Reifenstahl, and even Adolph Hitler himself.
If there's one thing anyone who's ever cracked an elementary history text knows, it's that the Nazis were trying to breed a master race: the Aryans.
Now, as we all know, Asperger's Syndrome is a predominantly white, and especially Northern European, disorder. Who better matches this description than the ideal Aryan race, who, like Aspies, were supposed to be of superior intelligence? It is easily possible that the traits Hitler saw in the ideal Aryan were the traits of an Aspie. Contrast these with the stereotypical Jewish traits that the Nazis sought to root out in humanity: greed and deception, both of which are typically uncharacteristic of the ever honest Aspie.
It is very possible that Hitler, by killing the Jews, blacks, gypsies, etc. and leaving the pure-bred white northern European, would have created a world in which Autism, specifically Asperger's Syndrome, was far more predominant, in a way that could have benefited an Aryan utopia.
In fact, since caucasians are just about the youngest and most recent ethnic group of them all due to environmental adaptation and genetic mutation, it is possible that their newer genetic traits and the caucasian's European environment (which requires a person to stay indoors most if not all of the year) would have seen a more obvious emergence of aspie traits, along with allowing the mutations and shifts in human evolution to occur that would allow for the introduction of Asperger's.
In fact, it is quite possible that those with Asperger's are a new strain of human that may at some point go on to replace the neurotypical, who is slowly but surely dying out while the aspie survives.

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2009, 9:39 pm

Yupa wrote:
In fact, it is quite possible that those with Asperger's are a new strain of human that may at some point go on to replace the neurotypical, who is slowly but surely dying out while the aspie survives.

And this statement is what demonstrates irrefutably that you don't know jack sh*t about actual evolutionary theory.

Mindovermatter
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

06 Aug 2009, 9:47 pm

Orwell wrote:
Yupa wrote:

And this statement is what demonstrates irrefutably that you don't know jack sh*t about actual evolutionary theory.

Yeah no s**t. Lets be honest here. If there were no such thing as social security and we all had to survive on our own, and all our parents kicked us out when we were 18 alot of aspies would not survive. So in a way, the only reason autistic individuals are alive today is because of the big hearts of NT's.

Magnus
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2009, 10:47 pm

Yupa wrote:
The connection between Nazi Germany and Asperger's Syndrome is undeniable.
Goebels certainly showed many signs of Asperger's Syndrome, as did other influential figures under Hitler such as Albert Speer, Lief Reifenstahl, and even Adolph Hitler himself.
If there's one thing anyone who's ever cracked an elementary history text knows, it's that the Nazis were trying to breed a master race: the Aryans.
Now, as we all know, Asperger's Syndrome is a predominantly white, and especially Northern European, disorder. Who better matches this description than the ideal Aryan race, who, like Aspies, were supposed to be of superior intelligence? It is easily possible that the traits Hitler saw in the ideal Aryan were the traits of an Aspie. Contrast these with the stereotypical Jewish traits that the Nazis sought to root out in humanity: greed and deception, both of which are typically uncharacteristic of the ever honest Aspie.
It is very possible that Hitler, by killing the Jews, blacks, gypsies, etc. and leaving the pure-bred white northern European, would have created a world in which Autism, specifically Asperger's Syndrome, was far more predominant, in a way that could have benefited an Aryan utopia.
In fact, since caucasians are just about the youngest and most recent ethnic group of them all due to environmental adaptation and genetic mutation, it is possible that their newer genetic traits and the caucasian's European environment (which requires a person to stay indoors most if not all of the year) would have seen a more obvious emergence of aspie traits, along with allowing the mutations and shifts in human evolution to occur that would allow for the introduction of Asperger's.

I thought that this was my original theory. I'm sure he wasn't just trying to breed blond/blued eyed people. The nazis did have a model of a large cranium which they took to measure their soldier's heads. A large prominent forehead was considered to be ideal. I wondered if blond/blue eyed aspies tend to be more high functioning. I know that sounds really bad but from my experience, blue eyed autistics do tend to be more high functioning. I haven't met a huge amount of aspies but I do think it's worth looking into. Would it be wrong to make a poll about this? Political incorrectness belongs in the PPR forum. But it does seem like most of the higher functioning aspies are on this forum the most. Love and Dating is filled with screwballs. General Discussion will tar and feather that kind of poll.

oh and I wouldn't say that aspies are better than NT's. They definitely don't breed more. :lol:

-Pythagoras

sg33
Raven
Raven

06 Aug 2009, 11:12 pm

- via MissConstrue

Quote:
Asperger's Syndrome is a predominantly white, and especially Northern European, disorder.

Or, white people tend to have better access to high-quality health care, and are thus more likely to be properly diagnosed.
Or, non-white people are more likely to be blamed, punished, and/or incarcerated for their AS-related behavior.
Or, non-white people are concerned that labeling their children as autistic will give authorities an excuse to mistreat their children or hold them back.

See Autism, Race and Economics: Who Gets the Diagnosis?.

Ever heard of Action T4? Who do you think was killed in those institutions?

Anti-Semitism is disgusting.

Magnus
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2009, 11:39 pm

I actually ran a poll in the general discussion regarding eye color. Many of the people had multi colored eyes. Many also claimed to have eye color changes after the age of 2. I think that is rare in the general population of NT's. There may have been some genetic engineering going on to make people more logical, less emotional, follow rules, etc. The general population (which may include some undiagnosed aspies) contains about 2 percent of geniuses while the autistic population contains about 10%. Savant splinter skills are much more common amongst aspies too and these people aren't considered all out geniuses but just geniuses in some particular area.

-Pythagoras

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2009, 11:57 pm

Magnus wrote:
I think that is rare in the general population of NT's. There may have been some genetic engineering going on to make people more logical, less emotional, follow rules, etc.

When? Genetic engineering on humans is not even feasible today, and during the Nazi era we didn't even know the structure of DNA.

Quote:
The general population (which may include some undiagnosed aspies) contains about 2 percent of geniuses while the autistic population contains about 10%.

Do you have a source for these numbers, or are you just making them up?

The top 2% in the general population have an IQ of 130 and up. I would not consider anyone with an IQ of 130 and up to automatically be a genius. My IQ is above 130, and I would not consider myself a genius by any stretch of the imagination.

daydreamer84
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2009, 12:29 am

sg33 wrote:

- via MissConstrue

Quote:
Asperger's Syndrome is a predominantly white, and especially Northern European, disorder.

Or, white people tend to have better access to high-quality health care, and are thus more likely to be properly diagnosed.
Or, non-white people are more likely to be blamed, punished, and/or incarcerated for their AS-related behavior.
Or, non-white people are concerned that labeling their children as autistic will give authorities an excuse to mistreat their children or hold them back.

See Autism, Race and Economics: Who Gets the Diagnosis?.

Ever heard of Action T4? Who do you think was killed in those institutions?

Anti-Semitism is disgusting.

That's right. I'm glad somebody finally brought this up!

Magnus
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2009, 12:38 am

Orwell wrote:
Magnus wrote:
I think that is rare in the general population of NT's. There may have been some genetic engineering going on to make people more logical, less emotional, follow rules, etc.

When? Genetic engineering on humans is not even feasible today, and during the Nazi era we didn't even know the structure of DNA.

Quote:
The general population (which may include some undiagnosed aspies) contains about 2 percent of geniuses while the autistic population contains about 10%.

Do you have a source for these numbers, or are you just making them up?

The top 2% in the general population have an IQ of 130 and up. I would not consider anyone with an IQ of 130 and up to automatically be a genius. My IQ is above 130, and I would not consider myself a genius by any stretch of the imagination.

You are pretty darn smart Orwell. But, you are only 19. I think autistics are late bloomers and not just ret*d.

Just type in savant splinter skills autism, or genius autism and you'll get those stats.

Also, neuroscience was founded by nazi doctors. Just google The founders of neuorscience. Stephen Ashwal wrote a book on it. They were not quacks trying to create blond/blue eyed people only. To think that is all what it was is sort of short sighted to say the least.

-Pythagoras

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2009, 12:43 am

I have heard that Neanderthal brains were larger than those of Homo Sapiens. From what I have read of geniuses they live lives of high frustration and are generally misunderstood and very unhappy. AS people may be generally misunderstood and unhappy but that seems not to be good criteria for either genius or super survivability. Humanity is a mishmash of all sorts of types and "superiority" varies from time to time depending on which characteristics are favored by temporary conditions.

OddFinn
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2009, 12:50 am

Magnus wrote:
Many also claimed to have eye color changes after the age of 2.

How about hair color? I have seen pictures of myself taken when I was very young (under 4), and my hair was blond (yellow-ish). And when I was 6 my hair had turned into dark brown, and has been such this far (some gray is now emerging).

sg33
Raven
Raven

07 Aug 2009, 12:53 am

daydreamer84 wrote:
That's right. I'm glad somebody finally brought this up!

It was this phrase that got me steamed:

Yupa wrote:
"It is easily possible that the traits Hitler saw in the ideal Aryan were the traits of an Aspie. Contrast these with the stereotypical Jewish traits that the Nazis sought to root out in humanity: greed and deception, both of which are typically uncharacteristic of the ever honest Aspie."

Let me get this straight: you honestly believe that the "Aryan" concept was promoted not as a justification for genocide, but as an vehicle to promote AS traits? And you honestly believe that the stereotype of the "greedy, lying Jew" was not racist, murderous propaganda, but rather an honest reflection on the supremacy of white Northern Europeans over... everyone else?

I think you're in the wrong room, this is Aspie Pride, not Aspie Neo-Nazism.

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2009, 1:00 am

OddFinn wrote:
Magnus wrote:

How about hair color? I have seen pictures of myself taken when I was very young (under 4), and my hair was blond (yellow-ish). And when I was 6 my hair had turned into dark brown, and has been such this far (some gray is now emerging).

My sons were also blond through babyhood and later turned dark. It seems a common Finnish phenomenon and I doubt it has anything to do with Asperberger's.

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2009, 1:05 am

Sand wrote:
I have heard that Neanderthal brains were larger than those of Homo Sapiens.

Their brains were larger in cubic centimeters, but their mental capacity was lower. Homo Sapiens brains are folded differently than Neanderthal brains were, giving us more surface area to work with. Surface area is more important than volume when comparing brains.

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2009, 1:09 am

Magnus wrote:
Also, neuroscience was founded by nazi doctors. Just google The founders of neuorscience. Stephen Ashwal wrote a book on it. They were not quacks trying to create blond/blue eyed people only. To think that is all what it was is sort of short sighted to say the least.

That doesn't change the fact that genetic engineering in that timeframe was simply not possible. Besides that, biology back then (as expressed through the field of eugenics) included a lot of misinformed quackery. Some very intelligent, very highly educated people held completely idiotic and utterly false views.

Magnus
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2009, 1:15 am

OddFinn wrote:
Magnus wrote:

yeah, my hair was bright red when I was born and then it went super blonde, then reddish blonde, then auburn.

Now I just dye it blonde but still there are some hay wire highlights in it.

I think the hay wiredness seems unnatural so that is why I think it may have been altered in some way at some time.

-Pythagoras