Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2009, 11:01 pm

Just watched a very interesting interview from last night on Jon Stewart with an author named Jeff Sharlet. His book is called The Family and it's truly chilling to anyone with any sense of reason and logic about them.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/wed-a ... ff-sharlet

Quick summary:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Family ... ganization)#Beliefs

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2009, 1:36 am

skafather84 wrote:
Just watched a very interesting interview from last night on Jon Stewart with an author named Jeff Sharlet. His book is called The Family and it's truly chilling to anyone with any sense of reason and logic about them.

Quick summary:

I am annoyed that this group of religious fanatics have co-opted, nay stolen the name "Family" to apply to their vicious and insane undertaking. The real family is the biologically natural unit of human existence. They have the call to apply the name of this natural unit of association and apply it to their perverse notions. Feh! Shame! A curse and a pox upon them!

ruveyn

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2009, 2:45 am

ruveyn wrote:
skafather84 wrote:

Quick summary:

I am annoyed that this group of religious fanatics have co-opted, nay stolen the name "Family" to apply to their vicious and insane undertaking. The real family is the biologically natural unit of human existence. They have the call to apply the name of this natural unit of association and apply it to their perverse notions. Feh! Shame! A curse and a pox upon them!

ruveyn

Gall.

number5
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2009, 1:23 pm

I saw an interview with the author on Real Time last week. Truly scary stuff.

ThatRedHairedGrrl
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Walking through a shopping mall listening to Half Japanese on headphones

16 Aug 2009, 12:07 pm

Couldn't watch the video. Read the article. Scary stuff.

Interesting, though. I remember saying to my husband, years ago, after yet another Christian spiel about how the NWO, headed by the Antichrist, was going to force everyone to worship New Age false gods on pain of death, what a heap of hooey that was. People from religions that believe that 'we're all basically one, we're all following different paths to the same goal, so let's play nice' (which if you read what they say, is the core belief the fundamentalists hate alternative religions for) don't kill people for not agreeing with them. Vast powerful monotheisms kill people for not agreeing with them. If there's ever going to be a NWO like the one they describe, I said to him, it's way more likely to be Christian than anti-Christian. So this doesn't actually surprise me as much as it might.

(BTW, C. S. Lewis would have hated his name being connected to anything like this. He loathed despots, but especially theocrats because he said they, believing God was on their side, were immune from conscience.)

JoJerome
Toucan
Toucan

16 Aug 2009, 1:09 pm

The Family and C-Street are truly creepy. But mainstream media and the masses are slow to say anything about it because it's a Christian organization.

Can you imagine if this were a Jewish organization? Reinforcing every negative stereotype? What about a Muslim group? If this were a Secular group the Xians would be up in arms that they all need Jesus to straighten them out.

Truly, truly scary.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2009, 6:21 pm

JoJerome wrote:
Can you imagine if this were a Jewish organization?

There is such a group already, they're called the Zionists.

There's also such a thing in Islam too...it's what rules Iran.

Not quite sure there's such a thing with atheism but I think the 1950s USSR came close, if I'm not mistaken (for all I know, what I know on that is merely leftover propaganda).

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2009, 7:59 pm

skafather84 wrote:
JoJerome wrote:

Getting Zionists to agree on any one thing is like herding squirrels. Jews are not very enthusiastic Organization Men.

ruveyn

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2009, 9:51 pm

ruveyn wrote:
skafather84 wrote:
JoJerome wrote:

Getting Zionists to agree on any one thing is like herding squirrels. Jews are not very enthusiastic Organization Men.

ruveyn

And yet Theodor Herzl and Walter Rothschild were extremely enthusiastic organization men.

Doesn't take a lot of organization people, just enough.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2009, 6:30 am

skafather84 wrote:

And yet Theodor Herzl and Walter Rothschild were extremely enthusiastic organization men.

Doesn't take a lot of organization people, just enough.

And the Orthodox folk regarded Herzl and Rothschild as -apikoros- and atheists and nogoodnics. The Orthodox opposed the State of Israel right up to the moment it was declared and recognized by the nations. Like I said, it is like herding squirrels.

You have to be Jewish to appreciate how un-uniform and un-organization Jews are in their attitudes. There is a story concerning Hyam Weitzman, the (then) president of Israel and Harry Truman, president of the United States. Weitzman said to Truman, that he (Truman) was the president of 150 million Americans. Weitzman said of himself, that he was president of 4 million presidents. That should give you a clue.

There is another clue from the Bible. When Moses (who was a Prince of Egypt at the time) saw an Egyptian overseer beating up two Hebrew slaves, he killed the overseer. What did the slaves say? They said to Moses -- and just who the hell are you? Did anyone appoint you our guardian?--. And they they dropped a dime on Moses so he had to run for his life. That is very typical of Jewish social dynamics when it comes to authority.

As organization people, Jews rank very low. They are very individualistic. They are also smart-asses. It is almost a genetic condition.

ruveyn

Last edited by ruveyn on 18 Aug 2009, 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2009, 12:42 am

ruveyn wrote:
They are very individualistic. They are also smart-asses. It is almost a genetic condition.

No wonder I feel such a closeness with them. :D