Muslim families in Winnipeg want children excused from

Page 11 of 19 [ 292 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 19  Next

Subotai
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2011, 2:30 am

murphycop wrote:
Its about time they adapt to our culture, or they know where the door is.

Oh please. Political boundaries are an illusion. I say people can live in any geographic location they damn well please. Plus many muslim people are not immigrants.

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2011, 4:02 am

daspie wrote:
LKL wrote:
daspie wrote:
LKL wrote:
daspie, for every link you post about how evil Muslims are, I can post another on how evil Hindus/Christians/Jews/whomever are. That was my point. I guess you don't get it.

That is because muslims have so much money to do propaganda and twist the facts. Saudi trillionare sheiks have bought a huge fraction of western media as well. Hindus are most tolerant community in the world, In fact tolerant to the level of cowardice and self hatred. Just see the hindu history and compare that with Islamic history, you will see the difference. Hindus gave refuge to zorastrian who fled from muslim Iran. We have a saying here, although which is not really acted upon due to population growth and selfishness within society which crept in due in large part to muslim invasion, that "Guest is god". Muslim made use of it to infiltrate our society. Now thanks to their reproducing like mosquitoes we have a Machiavellian society.

*snort*
boy, does that ever sound familiar...

I guess you mean that that is self praise. Just compare the demands hindus and Sikhs make in the west with demands Muslims make. Also, similarly compare crimes committed by them.

Muslims outnumber Hindus considerably, and outnumber Sikhs even more. If either of the latter two were as significant of a minority as muslims, I strongly suspect that they'd be making requests/demands too.

No, I did not mean that it was self-praise, though if you are Hindu it is definitely that; I meant that it's almost word-for-word the same as the accusations that American white supremacists make against Jews, except with different specifics and Saudi Arabia instead of Israel. It also reminds me of some of the accusations that Orthodox Jews in Israel make against Gentiles, and American nativists make against Mexicans.

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2011, 4:04 am

Quote:
Sikhs make in the west

I'm not one to put down the Sikhs, as I have met a few awesome one's here in Montreal, but to be fair, they were involved in a very infamous airplane bombing not 20 years ago. Haven't you heard of the Khalistan movement?

Macbeth
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2011, 8:02 am

LKL wrote:
daspie wrote:
LKL wrote:
daspie wrote:
LKL wrote:
daspie, for every link you post about how evil Muslims are, I can post another on how evil Hindus/Christians/Jews/whomever are. That was my point. I guess you don't get it.

That is because muslims have so much money to do propaganda and twist the facts. Saudi trillionare sheiks have bought a huge fraction of western media as well. Hindus are most tolerant community in the world, In fact tolerant to the level of cowardice and self hatred. Just see the hindu history and compare that with Islamic history, you will see the difference. Hindus gave refuge to zorastrian who fled from muslim Iran. We have a saying here, although which is not really acted upon due to population growth and selfishness within society which crept in due in large part to muslim invasion, that "Guest is god". Muslim made use of it to infiltrate our society. Now thanks to their reproducing like mosquitoes we have a Machiavellian society.

*snort*

I guess you mean that that is self praise. Just compare the demands hindus and Sikhs make in the west with demands Muslims make. Also, similarly compare crimes committed by them.

Muslims outnumber Hindus considerably, and outnumber Sikhs even more. If either of the latter two were as significant of a minority as muslims, I strongly suspect that they'd be making requests/demands too.

No, I did not mean that it was self-praise, though if you are Hindu it is definitely that; I meant that it's almost word-for-word the same as the accusations that American white supremacists make against Jews, except with different specifics and Saudi Arabia instead of Israel. It also reminds me of some of the accusations that Orthodox Jews in Israel make against Gentiles, and American nativists make against Mexicans.

Most of it shares a theme with infamous Nazi rhetoric of the late thirties as well. Some things just never change.

daspie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2011, 8:24 am

Vigilans wrote:
Quote:
Sikhs make in the west

I'm not one to put down the Sikhs, as I have met a few awesome one's here in Montreal, but to be fair, they were involved in a very infamous airplane bombing not 20 years ago. Haven't you heard of the Khalistan movement?

Yes, I have read a lot on Khalistan movement. This is the true case of misguided people. That movement was totally opposite to what our gurus taught. I am punjabi hindus and hindus, particularly punjabis, revere gurus as equally as sikhs do. In practice and to a large extent in theory there is not much difference between hinduism and sikhism.
Let me prove why the Khalistan movement was completely opposite to what gurus taught. Ninth guru martyred himself to save hinduism from aurangzeb, a jihadi muslim ruler and in contrast to that bhindranwale, so called saint but actually a sinner, killed hindus using the weapons taken from china via pakistan(modern day aurangzeb). Pakistan has a long border with punjab.

daspie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2011, 8:33 am

Macbeth wrote:

The population of hindus in britain is half a million and that of sikhs is one-third of a million, while muslims are two and half million. Now compare that to the violence that muslims commits, the demonstrations, the bombing.
Quote:
No, I did not mean that it was self-praise, though if you are Hindu it is definitely that; I meant that it's almost word-for-word the same as the accusations that American white supremacists make against Jews, except with different specifics and Saudi Arabia instead of Israel. It also reminds me of some of the accusations that Orthodox Jews in Israel make against Gentiles, and American nativists make against Mexicans
Most of it shares a theme with infamous Nazi rhetoric of the late thirties as well. Some things just never change.

Yes, I am a hindu :). I have not read much of those accusations and my reasoning is based upon a very long introspection, I have been thinking about these issues for more than a decade; it is one of my special interests, historical facts and logic.

daspie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2011, 8:43 am

Macbeth wrote:
LKL wrote:
daspie wrote:
LKL wrote:
daspie wrote:
LKL wrote:

*snort*

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2011, 2:22 pm

daspie wrote:
Macbeth wrote:

The population of hindus in britain is half a million and that of sikhs is one-third of a million, while muslims are two and half million. Now compare that to the violence that muslims commits, the demonstrations, the bombing.

As I said, there are enough Muslims that they make up a significant minority - one large enough to feel self-confident.

I do not mean to excuse any Muslim violence, only to point out that other groups and other religions can be found behaving equally badly in similar circumstances. You are demonizing one group as though it were the only bad actor to have ever existed.

Macbeth
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2011, 3:55 pm

LKL wrote:
daspie wrote:
Macbeth wrote:

As I said, there are enough Muslims that they make up a significant minority - one large enough to feel self-confident.

I do not mean to excuse any Muslim violence, only to point out that other groups and other religions can be found behaving equally badly in similar circumstances. You are demonizing one group as though it were the only bad actor to have ever existed.

Just so you know Daspie, you appear to be cross-posting me and LKL. Not a vital issue at the moment as we are both mostly saying the same thing, but its worth keeping an eye on.

daspie
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2011, 12:05 am

LKL wrote:
daspie wrote:
Macbeth wrote:

Self-confident to commit terrorism in the country which gave them unbound opportunities for education, better life etc. If Hindus and Sikhs were to commit violence then their proportion is enough for that. If you still haven't figured out the difference between Islam and other religions then their is no point arguing further. I have nothing against you as a person :).

daspie
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2011, 12:10 am

Macbeth wrote:
Just so you know Daspie, you appear to be cross-posting me and LKL. Not a vital issue at the moment as we are both mostly saying the same thing, but its worth keeping an eye on.

I am just replying to the posts and not doing anything like cross-posting. It is just that my views are different to that of yours and LKL which are similar to each other.

Macbeth
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2011, 7:05 am

daspie wrote:
Macbeth wrote:

I am just replying to the posts and not doing anything like cross-posting. It is just that my views are different to that of yours and LKL which are similar to each other.

I didn't mention your views. I'm pointing out that you have been attributing LKL's quotes to me and vice versa, no doubt due to the "quote" system, which sometimes doesn't work very fluidly. I say this as much for anyone else reading the thread as for your benefit.

murphycop
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2011, 2:06 pm

Macbeth wrote:
murphycop wrote:
I don't know, maybe the same kind of army that is fighting in the middle east? :roll:

What has race got to do with my point!?

It clarifies that our military is mixed on many levels. What part of that did you not understand?
But then I don't know, what "Muslims starting an army" has got to do with f***ing anything in this thread other than more of your hyperbole and point-dodging?

So, can you define "our people"? Did you even properly read the question in the first place? I asked you to define "our people" as you used it. You answered a completely different question that hadn't even been asked.

Thats funny, I live in an army town, i've never seen a Muslim as a squaddie. I've explained enough times what it has to do with the thread and so have other people, its down to you to work this out for yourself, if you're truely that confused maybe have one of the kids explain it out to you :thumright:

Our people as in, British citizen's who don't hate our western culture.

murphycop
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2011, 2:10 pm

Subotai wrote:
murphycop wrote:
Its about time they adapt to our culture, or they know where the door is.

Oh please. Political boundaries are an illusion. I say people can live in any geographic location they damn well please. Plus many muslim people are not immigrants.

Many of our country are immigrants, especially in certain cities. Apparently in 2009, there was on average, one immigrant a minue coming to our country. I was in London today, it was scary. They can live where they damn well please if they can adapt to our culture.

Macbeth
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2011, 4:51 pm

murphycop wrote:
Macbeth wrote:
murphycop wrote:
I don't know, maybe the same kind of army that is fighting in the middle east? :roll:

What has race got to do with my point!?

It clarifies that our military is mixed on many levels. What part of that did you not understand?
But then I don't know, what "Muslims starting an army" has got to do with f***ing anything in this thread other than more of your hyperbole and point-dodging?

So, can you define "our people"? Did you even properly read the question in the first place? I asked you to define "our people" as you used it. You answered a completely different question that hadn't even been asked.

Thats funny, I live in an army town, i've never seen a Muslim as a squaddie. I've explained enough times what it has to do with the thread and so have other people, its down to you to work this out for yourself, if you're truely that confused maybe have one of the kids explain it out to you :thumright:

Our people as in, British citizen's who don't hate our western culture.

I give a f**k that you never saw a Muslim soldier because why? You never see an "asian" looking one either? Or do you make a habit of going up to husky-skinned individuals who look a bit "army" and asking what religion they are?

Because YOU think that its related, doesn't make it related. Not everything everyday Muslims do is related to global extremism or terror you know. There was a Muslim girl on SuperNanny the other day who was worried because her daughter wouldn't eat properly and i was affecting her speech. Is she inciting fear and terror with her everyday concerns? Is she laying the groundwork for an uprising of Militant Islam? Is she f**k. Yet that is the sort of parallel you are trying to draw in this thread.

Pity really, because if you weren't busy hate-mongering we could have all had a nice conversation about why Music lessons are compulsory in Winnipeg in the first place.

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2011, 5:16 pm

One of the Muslims I know is a very nice young man who is an Army recruiter nearby.