Muslim families in Winnipeg want children excused from

Page 12 of 19 [ 292 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 19  Next

daspie
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2011, 3:04 am

LKL wrote:
One of the Muslims I know is a very nice young man who is an Army recruiter nearby.

This is the root of all misunderstanding. If one Muslim is nice that doesn't mean that their ideology is nice. Their ideology is violent and therefore a muslim is more likely to be violent than a person of any other community. This doesn't mean that every Muslim will be a terrorist and btw every muslim cannot be a terrorist since people are required to grow food, make weapons. Therefore, even considering a community whose sole purpose is militancy cannot have its every member as terrorists.

Last edited by daspie on 23 Feb 2011, 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2011, 3:30 am

I said, "one of..." not, "the only..."
I would never, ever agree that Islam is 'nice,' nor that Christianity, Hinduism, or Judaism are nice. As an atheist, I find them all to be composed of lies and violence. However, Muslims, Christians, Hindus, and Jews also have the grace of humanity and thus tend to be 'nice' despite their religions.

daspie
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2011, 8:06 am

LKL wrote:
I would never, ever agree that Islam is 'nice,' nor that Christianity, Hinduism, or Judaism are nice. As an atheist, I find them all to be composed of lies and violence. However, Muslims, Christians, Hindus, and Jews also have the grace of humanity and thus tend to be 'nice' despite their religions.

No LKL, I can assure regarding east regions that if they have violence in it, it is for the protection of oneself against evil. In fact when those violence which are mentioned in hinduism took place then there was no other religion. The word "Hindu" is nowhere is found in its scriptures this religion is without prophets or a single book. It is like paganism, in my view.

daspie
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2011, 8:08 am

LKL wrote:

No LKL, I can assure regarding east regions that if they have violence in it, it is for the protection of oneself against evil. In fact when those violence which are mentioned in hinduism took place then there was no other religion. The word "Hindu" is nowhere is found in its scriptures this religion is without prophets or a single book. It is like paganism, in my view.

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2011, 8:10 am

My god,

If being Muslim would have enabled me to skip Music and Phys ed classes in school.

I would have converted right away.

daspie
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2011, 8:12 am

LKL wrote:

No LKL, I am sure regarding east regions that if they have violence in it, it is for the protection of oneself against evil. In fact when those violence which are mentioned in hinduism took place then there was no other religion. The word "Hindu" is nowhere is found in its scriptures this religion is without prophets or a single book. It is like paganism, in my view.

Macbeth
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2011, 2:41 pm

daspie wrote:
LKL wrote:
One of the Muslims I know is a very nice young man who is an Army recruiter nearby.

This is the root of all misunderstanding. If one Muslim is nice that doesn't mean that their ideology is nice. Their ideology is violent and therefore a muslim is more likely to be violent than a person of any other community. This doesn't mean that every Muslim will be a terrorist and btw every muslim cannot be a terrorist since people are required to grow food, make weapons. Therefore, even considering a community whose sole purpose is militancy cannot have its every member as terrorists.

Muslims are not "more likely to be violent than a person of any other community". I hope this statement is just bad phraseology, but I suspect that you actually do think this to be the case.

It also seems a bit daft how you describe a Muslim community as if it consists of "terrorists" and their support network and that's it.

And it would seem that Muslim ideology is as open to interpretation as any other ideology, such that the violence is apparently completely optional.

murphycop
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2011, 7:39 pm

daspie wrote:
LKL wrote:

This should be macbeth's sig, to remind him.

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2011, 7:43 pm

Quote:
And it would seem that Muslim ideology is as open to interpretation as any other ideology, such that the violence is apparently completely optional.

Religion is only as good as it's practitioners make it

Quote:
If being Muslim would have enabled me to skip Music and Phys ed classes in school.

I would have converted right away.

I as well, good sir

Macbeth
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2011, 8:41 pm

murphycop wrote:
daspie wrote:
LKL wrote:

Yes. So I never forget that this world is populated with people who lack understanding of the subjects they spout nonsense about, and who can't admit when they are wrong, even in the face of overwhelming evidence. Bunker mentality at its best.

daspie
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2011, 12:17 am

murphycop wrote:
daspie wrote:
LKL wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

daspie
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2011, 12:21 am

Macbeth wrote:
Muslims are not "more likely to be violent than a person of any other community". I hope this statement is just bad phraseology, but I suspect that you actually do think this to be the case.

No, I mean what it is.
Quote:
It also seems a bit daft how you describe a Muslim community as if it consists of "terrorists" and their support network and that's it.

Read history of Islam, a) In Mohammed's period b)After Muhammed till wahhab's revival c)After Wahhabi's revival, i.e. modern.

Subotai
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2011, 2:55 am

murphycop wrote:
Subotai wrote:
murphycop wrote:
Its about time they adapt to our culture, or they know where the door is.

Oh please. Political boundaries are an illusion. I say people can live in any geographic location they damn well please. Plus many muslim people are not immigrants.

Many of our country are immigrants, especially in certain cities. Apparently in 2009, there was on average, one immigrant a minue coming to our country. I was in London today, it was scary. They can live where they damn well please if they can adapt to our culture.

Culture is not static.

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2011, 3:26 am

daspie wrote:
Macbeth wrote:

No, I mean what it is.
Quote:

Read history of Islam, a) In Mohammed's period b)After Muhammed till wahhab's revival c)After Wahhabi's revival, i.e. modern.

Read the history of Christianity from its founding through the current era.

Macbeth
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2011, 5:16 am

daspie wrote:
Macbeth wrote:

No, I mean what it is.
Quote:

Clearly then you lack experience of other types of community if you feel you can make such ridiculous statements.
Christianity has been easily as violent, and for longer. Judaism too. But STILL you fools are intent on dragging "violence" and extremism into this when at no point has there been even the slightest threat of such in the OP.

The intense depth of your ignorance astounds me: That you both still insist on making his about extremism when its simply about religious parents making a similar request to religious parents all over the world, in all forms of religion. Nothing more. Nothing unreasonable or violent or demanding. Just the same request as Christian/Jewish/Mormon/etc parents make all the time. Makes me sick that such idiocy exists.

daspie
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2011, 9:37 am

LKL wrote:
Read the history of Christianity from its founding through the current era.

Yes, I have heard about that :), especially the old testament. However, Christ himself was completely different to muhammed. It could be that those verses in bible was the handiwork of some people. The fact that bible as such does not talk about violence and christians have come far from that while islam says that jihad is a duty of every Muslim make Islamic historic violence more important than judeo-christian. Although in North-east India there are some Christian terrorist group.