Page 5 of 8 [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Of the following, who would you support for the nomination?
Newt Gingrich 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
Sarah Palin 7%  7%  [ 2 ]
Herman Cain 15%  15%  [ 4 ]
Mitt Romney 19%  19%  [ 5 ]
Tim Pawlenty 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
Michelle Bachman 7%  7%  [ 2 ]
Rick Santorum 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Ron Paul 44%  44%  [ 12 ]
Total votes : 27

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2011, 5:22 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
Master_Pedant wrote:
Oh, and Inuyasha should always keep this in mind next time he pontificates on his "good memory":

Orwell wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
have the reputation of being a walking encyclopedia.

Not around these parts. Other Aspies aren't as likely to be impressed with little memory parlor tricks.

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postxf156878-0-45.html

Master_Pedant, I've never claimed to be perfect, nor did I claim to be a thesaurus (sp?).

Orwell wrote:
MP's wording was clear, and that was a completely BS apology. Inuyasha, no one here is responsible for the fact that you're a complete idiot who can barely comprehend basic English. Nothing MP said in this thread remotely provoked your disgusting attack.

:roll:

Thank you for once again demonstrating why I have little to no respect for you.

Master_Pedant wrote:
Okay, and I'll try.

Okay let's get back to topic.

So far concerning the Republican Primary:

Newt Gingrich has a good resume of balancing the budget, but seems to be suffering from a bad case of foot in mouth disease, hopefully he gets his act together.

Ron Paul is quite simply crazy in my view, last time we were that isolationist the world went to hell in a handbasket.

Mitt Romney reminds me too much of a used car salesman, and has the problem of Romney Care.

Herman Cain, I actually like what I've seen thus far. He's run successful businesses and though he hasn't been in politics till now, we may need someone that has actually delivered pizzas instead of someone that has stocked up on pork.

Tim Pawlenty (sp?) is meh, I have no real opinion one way or the other.

Sarah Palin I actually think she could beat Obama. We already know her negatives (as well as a bunch of made up negatives), the leftist in the media wouldn't really have anything new to throw at her.

Michelle Bachmann, I like her but I don't think she has enough experience, not sure she's run a state or business either.

I noticed in the news that Obama is already offering "poisonous praise" for the former Governer of Massachusetts in regard to the effort in healthcare reform there.

He probably understands that is likely, at this point, whom he will be facing.

Herman Cain has charisma, but it's too bad he doesn't have name recognition. I won't be surprised if he doesn't eventually pick up as much support as Palin. In fact, he may ruin any chance that Palin has; splitting the Tea Party support and giving Romney a better chance at the nomination.

At this point though, the only Republican choice is Romney that I can see. The polling indicates that over 20% independent leaning Republicans and Republicans favorite canidate at this point is noone. It may be hard to get Republicans out to the polls once election time rolls around. I don't see them getting too excited over Romney as the choice for the nomination.

Things couldn't look much better for Obama at this point.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2011, 7:02 pm

Maybe we should hold 2 Republican primaries, so we can narrow the herd in the first one, and then pick the nominee in the 2nd one.

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2011, 7:07 pm

Orwell wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Only reason you think they are stupid is because they are pro-life and not only talk the talk, they walk the walk. Palin was told she should abort her youngest son, she didn't. Bachmann has been a foster parent for numerous kids.

Right now all I've seen from liberals here is a bad case of sexism.

No, I don't give a damn about Bachmann's personal life. My impression of her as "stupid" comes from her comments about US history, the Constitution, and policy stances that she takes. And Palin... come on, just watch any interview of her. She's an idiot.
Sir, I am friend to many idiots and I think you should not insult them like that.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2011, 7:09 pm

Vexcalibur wrote:
Orwell wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Only reason you think they are stupid is because they are pro-life and not only talk the talk, they walk the walk. Palin was told she should abort her youngest son, she didn't. Bachmann has been a foster parent for numerous kids.

Right now all I've seen from liberals here is a bad case of sexism.

No, I don't give a damn about Bachmann's personal life. My impression of her as "stupid" comes from her comments about US history, the Constitution, and policy stances that she takes. And Palin... come on, just watch any interview of her. She's an idiot.
Sir, I am friend to many idiots and I think you should not insult them like that.

I wonder if those "friends" know how you really think of them.

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2011, 7:12 pm

That's a topic between me and them.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2011, 7:24 pm

I'm going to point out that everyone voting for Ron Paul in the primary will probably be voting for Obama in the general even if Ron Paul is the nominee.

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2011, 7:26 pm

Yes, definitely.

What kind of republican wouldn't vote for a nutjob? Obviously, the fake republican!

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2011, 7:29 pm

Vexcalibur wrote:
Yes, definitely.

What kind of republican wouldn't vote for a nutjob? Obviously, the fake republican!

As I said the Dems want a nut job to be the nominee cause that's the only way Obama can get re-election.

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2011, 7:31 pm

Yes, it is IMPOSSIBLE for OBAMA (Kenian liar) to win.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2011, 7:57 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
Maybe we should hold 2 Republican primaries, so we can narrow the herd in the first one, and then pick the nominee in the 2nd one.

I take it that now that Gingrich has gone south, that Palin is your favorite, you are correct she can't go much further south; not much anyone in the media can say to hurt her at this point.

For Palin to have any chance Republicans would probably need two primaries, but I'm thinking mainstream Republicans are glad Cain stepped in to remove some of the spotlight off of her. Problem is, all they have left is Romney.

There really is no good solution, that I see for them at this point. Paul just doesn't seem Republican enough, no matter what his positions are to win the nomination, to me. I can't imagine him as the Republican choice.

All they can hope for, I think, is major hatred for Obama, to motivate Republicans to vote.

dionysian
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2011, 8:04 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
Vexcalibur wrote:
Yes, definitely.

As I said the Dems want a nut job to be the nominee cause that's the only way Obama can get re-election.

That's why Democrats want Palin to be the nominee.

ALL ANIMALS ARE EQUAL
BUT SOME ANIMALS ARE MORE EQUAL THAN OTHERS

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

26 May 2011, 8:28 pm

Inuyasha wrote:
I'm going to point out that everyone voting for Ron Paul in the primary will probably be voting for Obama in the general even if Ron Paul is the nominee.

Why don't you vote for Obama? There is no discernible difference between him and your typical neocon. Dr. Paul is the only true conservative running.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2011, 9:03 pm

Jacoby wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:

Why don't you vote for Obama? There is no discernible difference between him and your typical neocon. Dr. Paul is the only true conservative running.

I agree with you here, besides healthcare reform and different rhetoric on foreign policy, what's the difference in results between the neocon stand and the actual results of a Democrat run government. Ron Paul is too conservative to be supported by the mainstream republicans. The Democrats don't practice far left policy because they want to remain in power.

Otherwise we would have a healthcare reform act that has a public option. The Republican's can't stretch the distance that Paul wants to go in either, if they want to stay in power. The middle is the only safe place to be for a politician regardless of the talk they talk.

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2011, 9:06 pm

aghogday wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:

I agree with you here, besides healthcare reform and different rhetoric on foreign policy, what's the difference in results between the neocon stand and the actual results of a Democrat run government.

Actually, even on healthcare reform there is no difference. Obama passed a Republican healthcare bill, not a Democratic/liberal/progressive one. We might have had more left-leaning policy if McCain had won the election.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2011, 9:07 pm

I'm still waiting for an opportunity to vote for someone better than "the lesser of two evils". Both major parties are corrupt, and in the pockets of wealthy special interest groups, and the minor parties are like so many yapping jackals surrounding the main camp at the edge of the firelight.

Sometimes, it just doesn't pay to chew through the straps long enough to run down to the polling place and cast my vote before they catch up with me.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2011, 9:09 pm

Fnord wrote:
Sometimes, it just doesn't pay to chew through the straps long enough to run down to the polling place and cast my vote before they catch up with me.

You are more likely to die in a car accident on your way to the polling place than you are to have any impact on the outcome of the election. By voting, you are effectively stating that the choice between two virtually identical candidates is important enough that you would lay down your life for a very small chance at affecting it.