Ohio Church under attack by evil atheist conspiracy

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2011, 7:29 am

http://www.christianpost.com/news/ohio- ... oup-56893/

Quote:

The billboard featured the smiling image of a local college student proclaiming the atheist message: “I can be good without God.” It seemed more than coincidental to some that the pictured atheist student was black

Oodain
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2011, 7:47 am

*rubs temple*

the scent of the tamarillo is pungent and powerfull,
woe be to the nose who nears it.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2011, 9:20 am

Vexcalibur wrote:
http://www.christianpost.com/news/ohio-church-under-attack-by-atheist-group-56893/

Quote:

The billboard featured the smiling image of a local college student proclaiming the atheist message: “I can be good without God.” It seemed more than coincidental to some that the pictured atheist student was black

So every chicken farrner who rents billboard space on his property should be forced to sell his ad space to advocates of veganism, or to Peta? Ford has to advertise GM, and vice versa?

What theme are we supposed to deconstruct out of you posting this story?

Im sure its in the story somewhere but I lost patience reading it, so help me out. Whats this about?

blauSamstag
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2011, 10:02 am

FFRF sure has an angry streak but i would hardly call it a conspiracy. Who are they conspiring with?

It's not clear from the story where the billboard in question was located. I'm guessing it wasn't in the chapel parking lot.

Why does the church have a problem with paying their lawful taxes? Is it because they did not understand that land used for commercial purposes is not tax free or because they sought to defraud the government? What about rendering unto Caesar what is Caesars?

Oodain
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2011, 10:09 am

naturalplastic wrote:
Vexcalibur wrote:
http://www.christianpost.com/news/ohio-church-under-attack-by-atheist-group-56893/

Quote:

So every chicken farrner who rents billboard space on his property should be forced to sell his ad space to advocates of veganism, or to Peta? Ford has to advertise GM, and vice versa?

Im sure its in the story somewhere but I lost patience reading it, so help me out. Whats this about?

i think the argument is quite different when there is a third party administrating the billboards.
apearantly they did not know i was church porperty.

the scent of the tamarillo is pungent and powerfull,
woe be to the nose who nears it.

blauSamstag
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2011, 11:02 am

oh i understand it now.

They are alleging that an out-of-state entity created the campaign specifically to annoy and ensnare a particular black church.

They were always on the hook for $20,000 in back taxes. They had just been getting away with it.

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2011, 11:05 am

naturalplastic wrote:

The chicken farmer can rent billboards to whoever he wants. But since he is using his property for such commercial purposes, he should pay taxes. And not get angry and call "I am being attacked" when he using his influence to remove the ad made people and the IRS notice he was defrauding taxes.

John_lzhc
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

05 Oct 2011, 3:33 am

So pretty much: I CAN'T HAVE EVERYTHING MY OWN WAY AT THE EXPENSE OF OTHERS I'M BEING OPPRESSED. I wish I could say I was remotely suprised.